PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Patriots willing to listen to offers

After last night I’d be surprised if San Fran didn’t make a call regarding Bourne. Love a 3rd rounder but maybe Bourne and a 4th for a 3rd?
It depends on your perspective.

When the GM trades a 4th for a WR next year, would you expect him to be better than Bourne?

Rebuild in 2024 if you must, HOWEVER, it would be good to extend Bourne and have TWO wide receivers for the future.

Which brings up the question: why isn't there a FS on the team

They didn’t figure on playing a lot of man with a single high safety?
Good Luck Charlie Idk GIF

Ah... I now understand. Only if we fire BB and expunge every player he ever brought here can Tom be truly avenged.
IMG_3566.gif

It’s not about what makes sense. This board could make an incredible psychological case study.
Fans observed great success and felt they were somehow responsible for it because they chose to like this team. They bragged about being a patriot fan s d being better than the fans of other teams. They LOVED the Patriots, the Patriot way, they were above mortal fans.
The inevitable happened and they are crushed because sonething they had nothing to do with was the rate success in their life.
So now that they no longer have that they get angry and lash out at whatever they can. The man who built that item they took so much pride in now is a a pariah who must be harshly punished. All the players have to go because we need to get something, anything that might be better.
It’s abysmal
Sadly, you are not far off, especially regarding Coach Belichick.

Love Phillips but he isn't better than Dugs and Peppers. I think thats the main reason why he is only playing 20% of the snaps.
I think Dugger and Peppers basically play the same position where as Phillips is more of the center field type. That being said, I agree, both Peppers and Dugger are better players. I just hope they can find a way to play Dugger closer to the line of scrimmage.

I think Dugger and Peppers basically play the same position where as Phillips is more of the center field type. That being said, I agree, both Peppers and Dugger are better players. I just hope they can find a way to play Dugger closer to the line of scrimmage.
Phillips is a backup who plays fewer reps than Mills.

Our safeties almost all game are Duggar and Peppers. Between them, they missed one defensive rep.

I guess that you would want to see more of Duggar close to the LOS, rather than Peppers. That is the choice. I'm OK with the coach's choices on this.

It depends on your perspective.

When the GM trades a 4th for a WR next year, would you expect him to be better than Bourne?

Rebuild in 2024 if you must, HOWEVER, it would be good to extend Bourne and have TWO wide receivers for the future.
Definitely see your point and I really do like Bourne but I’d rather find a way of getting a decent pick for him and I think the 49ers are probably our best bet. I think Douglas can hold down the slot if he can stay healthy and not fumble again. :). And I’d really like to see what Boutte can do this year not next so we can find out if he realizes he’s not playing BCAA rules with 1 foot inbounds for a catch.

I think Peppers is more of an in the box safety than Dug

Definitely see your point and I really do like Bourne but I’d rather find a way of getting a decent pick for him and I think the 49ers are probably our best bet. I think Douglas can hold down the slot if he can stay healthy and not fumble again. :). And I’d really like to see what Boutte can do this year not next so we can find out if he realizes he’s not playing BCAA rules with 1 foot inbounds for a catch.
We would get a 4th from 49ers which is like a fifth . Much rather keep Bourne and see if we can extend him.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back