PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Right Wing Evangelical Christians

OT: Why would it be in that cesspool?

You made a claim. Now you won't elaborate, back it up or even show what you're pretending to cite. Typical. I guess you've spent too much time there.

edit: Lifer, sorry for the digression. Didn't realize that a simple question would lead to a back and forth, though I suppose I should have.

Ok....I guess we can discuss it here until one of the Mods puts an end to it.

Since you asked so nicely, of course. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure what claim you're saying I made that I haven't "cited" and would need citation. Can you please point it out to me?

Ok....I guess we can discuss it here until one of the Mods puts an end to it.

Since you asked so nicely, of course. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure what claim you're saying I made that I haven't "cited" and would need citation. Can you please point it out to me?

My question was pretty straightforward:

"OT: is anybody born straight?"

This was in response to your statements, "...I do believe that the scientific evidence demonstrates that the attraction is psychological in nature and not physiological (no one is born gay). As such, the attraction...although not sinful in and of itself, is still disordered..."

If you take offense at that question, not sure what to tell you. :rolleyes:

So again, the question, quite simply, is whether the scientific evidence you're referring to indicates that people are born straight -- or, alternatively, are people born without any sexual leaning whatsoever?

My question was pretty straightforward:

"OT: is anybody born straight?"

This was in response to your statements, "...I do believe that the scientific evidence demonstrates that the attraction is psychological in nature and not physiological (no one is born gay). As such, the attraction...although not sinful in and of itself, is still disordered..."

If you take offense at that question, not sure what to tell you. :rolleyes:

So again, the question, quite simply, is whether the scientific evidence you're referring to indicates that people are born straight -- or, alternatively, are people born without any sexual leaning whatsoever?

Actually, your contention was that I made a claim which I didn't back up....so which claim did I make that I didn't back up?

From my "Pastor"........the Magisterium of the Roman Catholic church:

2242 The citizen is obliged in conscience not to follow the directives of civil authorities when they are contrary to the demands of the moral order, to the fundamental rights of persons or the teachings of the Gospel. Refusing obedience to civil authorities, when their demands are contrary to those of an upright conscience, finds its justification in the distinction between serving God and serving the political community. "Render therefore to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's."48 "We must obey God rather than men":49

When citizens are under the oppression of a public authority which oversteps its competence, they should still not refuse to give or to do what is objectively demanded of them by the common good; but it is legitimate for them to defend their own rights and those of their fellow citizens against the abuse of this authority within the limits of the natural law and the Law of the Gospel.50

Catechism of the Catholic Church - The fourth commandment

I haven't made my arguments against same sex marriage based upon faith. I've made my arguments against same sex marriage based upon precedence and Natural law. So I'm not requiring anyone to believe in my faith.

How are you "defending your own rights" by obsessing about homosexuals? What rights are homosexuals taking from you? Also, how can you defend your stance by posting your Catholic manifesto and then say its not about your Faith? Of course its about your Faith. Your right wing conservative Faith which you want to impose on everyone else.

How are you "defending your own rights" by obsessing about homosexuals? Also, how can you defend your stance by posting your Catholic manifesto and then say its not about your Faith? Of course its about your Faith. Your right wing conservative Faith which you want to impose on everyone else.

I'm not obsessing about homosexuals. I'm giving my point of view on same sex marriage like a good citizen of this country would do.

I posted my "Catholic manifesto" because you asked about my "Pastor". I went on to say that my argument is based upon precedence and Natural law. If you noticed the 290 post thread in the politics forum, you'd see that to be true.

I'm not sure what your point is exactly, but if you're saying that the "true" christian faith supports homosexual sex acts I think you'll find with just a little digging that you are clearly wrong. From the early church to today, true chrisitanity has been universially against homosexual sex acts.

Now, if your purpose with this thread was just to rail against conservatives then I leave you to your railing. But if you want to have an honest dialouge I will be glad to do so.

I'm not obsessing about homosexuals. I'm giving my point of view on same sex marriage like a good citizen of this country would do.

I posted my "Catholic manifesto" because you asked about my "Pastor". I went on to say that my argument is based upon precedence and Natural law. If you noticed the 290 post thread in the politics forum, you'd see that to be true.

I'm not sure what your point is exactly, but if you're saying that the "true" christian faith supports homosexual sex acts I think you'll find with just a little digging that you are clearly wrong. From the early church to today, true chrisitanity has been universially against homosexual sex acts.

Now, if your purpose with this thread was just to rail against conservatives then I leave you to your railing. But if you want to have an honest dialouge I will be glad to do so.
Please re-read my OP. It was not about supporting or not supporting homosexual acts. You made the the thread into that. Which was actually the point of my thread, you proved my point by being the perfect example of the Right Wing Christian. Thank You.

Ok, well have fun chatting with yourself. :rolleyes:

Specifically....what claim did I make that I didn't back up.

I'm not going to re-hash a "conversation" that you can see here for yourself.

There's a simple question I've asked twice now that you're apparently evading.

RI Patriots fan thinks you sit down when you are about 13 and choose, "will i be straight or will i be Gay?" Apparently that what the people who believe its a choice did, otherwise why would they believe such an idea that its a choice?

I'm not going to re-hash a "conversation" that you can see here for yourself.

There's a simple question I've asked twice now that you're apparently evading.

Specifically....what claim did I make that I didn't back up. Please do tell.

RI Patriots fan thinks you sit down when you are about 13 and choose, "will i be straight or will i be Gay?" Apparently that what the people who believe its a choice did, otherwise why would they believe such an idea that its a choice?

In fairness, I think he did say he thinks it's not a choice for most people.

But, yeah, the people who think it is a choice really don't seem to have given it much thought.

So first, you complain that I turned this into the homosexual thread (Are threads born gay :rolleyes: ) and now here you are talking about homosexuality. It seems someone has difficulty making decisions (oh, and hint: it's not me).

Also, it seems that someone has either ADD or reading comprehension issues because I clearly said in Post #11 of this very small thread:

"I've also said in the past that this attraction is not a choice for many people"

So first, you complain that I turned this into the homosexual thread (Are threads born gay :rolleyes: ) and now here you are talking about homosexuality. It seems someone has difficulty making decisions (oh, and hint: it's not me).

Also, it seems that someone has either ADD or reading comprehension issues because I clearly said in Post #11 of this very small thread:

"I've also said in the past that this attraction is not a choice for many people"
Youve been talking about ever since you responded to my OP. Fair enough, i stand corrected, you dont believe its a choice. So, doesnt that mean its how God intended for them to be?

Well glad to see you're sober. Unfortuantely, your knowledge of the christian faith is very, very limited if you think that it in any way, shape, or form christianity supports homosexual acts.
Your entry into the conversation, out of the blue, when i had never said anything about "homosexual acts", Mr. Im Not Obsessed With Homosexuals, You Are.

What do you guys have against Bishop Wilberforce? He led the fight against slavery, making England the first country in the world to abolish slavery in 1833.

There's even a 2007 movie about it, _Atonement_.

Those d-mn Christians!

BTW in absolute numbers I've read that there are more slaves now than in world history.

And don't get me started on the Rev. Martin Luther King! Word is he was a Bible thumper, too.

What do you guys have against Bishop Wilberforce? He led the fight against slavery, making England the first country in the world to abolish slavery in 1833.

There's even a 2007 movie about it, _Atonement_.

Those d-mn Christians!

BTW in absolute numbers I've read that there are more slaves now than in world history.

And don't get me started on the Rev. Martin Luther King! Word is he was a Bible thumper, too.

Who said anything against Bishop Wilburforce? I was talking about whacked out NRA loving, Sarah Palin cheering, Fox News watchin, Rick Perry, Franklin Graham, Right Wing fanatic Obama is the devil insane nutcases!!!!!!!!!

Spare the Rod, Spoil the Child (which isnt in the Bible) people. Another reason these people are nuts. James Dobson teaching to hit an 18 month old with a wooden object into submission and Fundies embracing it. Whackjobs

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back