PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Robert Kraft at the owner meetings

Team Bill just hisses like a cat at the mere mention of Robert Kraft.
373756-multi-media-comic-strip-usa-bill-the-cat-bloom-county.gif

oh, wait.. TEAM Bill... not Bill the Cat.
Sometimes I feel like the millennial entitlement here among Patriots “fans” is off the charts. “We as fans deserve to know the truth!” “My Kraft Team is better than yours!”. Are you ****ing crybabies that sensitive? Some of you guys are social media whores sucking in every bit of gossip you can take. You know who you are. You need to go outside, take a deep breath and take a break. Believe you me …I tried to get in on one of the Kraft, Bill or Brady hate teams but I’m sorry…I’m just not cut out for that. I want to discuss the draft and the Patriots games. And i also want to do silly and pathetic memes…that too.
Joining Welcome Home GIF

I gladly keep reposting, and will own, my assertion in the future, even if dead wrong. Such is my level of confidence here.

Welcome, at least for a good while, to the New England Browns.
At least, not for nothing, their fans don’t turn on each other. They all in. Fans around here got so spoiled they have different levels what a fan is. It’s been 20 freaking plus years… remember everyone used to say “ embrace the hate” … from other teams? Well “embrace the suck”…..we gonna be here awhile :)

Dude won 6 SBs with a 7th rated QB, but still believes this... or maybe it's all smoke and mirrors... Not like there aren't 10th or 15th rated QBs in the NFL HoF or anything... That being said, unless they do something truly horrible, I'll always be a fan of the Trinity (RKK/BB/TB12), and will sometimes malign yet defend them, huge warts and all.

On if he’d like to see a quarterback taken with the #3 pick:

“I guess, as a fan, I put my fan hat on, and I definitely would … you know, in the end, you can’t win in this league consistently unless you have a first-rate quarterback and a first-rate coach. On the other hand, you’re in a different position, and we’ve never been in the third draft position since we’ve owned the team and what happens, a lot of people behind are really desperate to move up. So we’re going to be open to whatever can come our way, but in the end, I’ll let the team make the decision what they think is best. One way or another, I’d like to see us get a top-rate young quarterback.”
All hail to the Trinity !!

When you punish winners who accomplish and contribute by taking the fruits of their success, then by one means or other use those funds to subsidize the habits and lifestyle of your losers, you get more losers and fewer winners. How is this not obvious?
Are these words, much less thoughts, allowed here in our great state of Massachusetts?? :)

It really irks you guys that Kraft is so much more successful and admired a man than you, doesn't it?
I couldn’t handle the responsibility myself. I’m much happier controlling the remote on Sundays and complaining to my wife on Monday

"....and eventually spent"
Gotta love the eternal optimism of the Glass Completely Full segment of fanbases.

The proverb........
Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.
.....seems applicable here, except it must be modified given Kraft's Patriots have been the lowest spending team for the past decade.

Here goes....
Fool me once, shame on you; fool me ten times, I'm still gonna buy what Robert is selling .....and I am grateful the Kraft Group ponied up for leader Jacoby Brissett. Now..........
View attachment 57280

The Patriots and Bob Kraft spend every penny that they are allowed to as do most teams. In recent years, Belichick gave out fewer long term contracts with large signing bonuses than any other team. Probably because he didn’t want to waste money on an uncompetitive team. This year, there just weren’t the quality free agents available for the new management to spend their available money on. The fact that they currently have more cap space available than any other team for this upcoming season and future seasons is exactly why they have spent less money than other teams. It will be sent over the next few years.
It’s not about being fooled or defending Kraft, it’s about understanding how the NFL salary cap works.

Krafts messaging is all over the place. He seens to be winging it. On one habd he said playoffs is a realistic expectation. On the other hand he said he expects the team to struggle and its “sad” what happened during UFA.

Kraft trolling Team Bill is the best part of this offseason. Lol

cry-about-it-cry-about-it-meme.gif

At least, not for nothing, their fans don’t turn on each other. They all in. Fans around here got so spoiled they have different levels what a fan is. It’s been 20 freaking plus years… remember everyone used to say “ embrace the hate” … from other teams? Well “embrace the suck”…..we gonna be here awhile :)
Yep.

My gut feeling (and those are far more often right) is the Patriots will go through a phase of "missed it by that much" competence. They've still got some of the elements of a good franchise but the core that made the TB/BB era special and helped the team consistently rise above the mean is gone and unlikely to be replaced anytime soon, if ever.

Krafts messaging is all over the place. He seens to be winging it. On one habd he said playoffs is a realistic expectation. On the other hand he said he expects the team to struggle and its “sad” what happened during UFA.
I wish he wouldn't talk anymore.

373756-multi-media-comic-strip-usa-bill-the-cat-bloom-county.gif

oh, wait.. TEAM Bill... not Bill the Cat.

Joining Welcome Home GIF

You have me conflicted with this one My Man. ANY time you can work getting Bill the Cat in is absolutely the right (ACKing!) time and normally rates as an automatic winner. OTOH when a situation cries out for a pathetic meme and you play the gif card...

I wish he wouldn't talk anymore.

Couldn't have said it any better. Krafty Bob really needs to just stfu a touch.
Jeremy Jacobs was the league's cheapest ******* through most of his tenure as the Bruins owner but he had the saving grace of being the owner we heard from the least. Unless there's a trophy being handed over or an all time great being honored, no good ever comes outta the combination of an owner and a microphone. There's just no W in it

Couldn't have said it any better. Krafty Bob really needs to just stfu a touch.
Jeremy Jacobs was the league's cheapest ******* through most of his tenure as the Bruins owner but he had the saving grace of being the owner we heard from the least. Unless there's a trophy being handed over or an all time great being honored, no good ever comes outta the combination of an owner and a microphone. There's just no W in it
Exactly. Explaining why they lost out on Ridley (girlfriend, taxes, QB situation, etc) while possibly accurate doesn't help matters at all.

Sorry, but you are delusional: there is no vendetta. There is merely the fact of Belichick's dismal failures in his declining years and the consequences which necessarily and rightly flowed from those failures.
i'm not saying bill made no errors. i'm saying kraft is blaming him for everything negative while playing the "what a good boy am i" card. and some of his players and league execs feel bb is getting the short end of the stick too.

So yeah, ahem. This means, come hell or high water, Kraft is going to meddle in the draft and pick a QB with the third pick, no matter what his staff says or how the QB is rated. He wants the big splash, etc. This could go very, very wrong, and it is a bad precedent to allow the owner to meddle in the draft; countless franchises have been ruined by meddling owners. Mayo does not have the gravitas to overrule Kraft.

Dude won 6 SBs with a 7th rated QB, but still believes this... or maybe it's all smoke and mirrors... Not like there aren't 10th or 15th rated QBs in the NFL HoF or anything... That being said, unless they do something truly horrible, I'll always be a fan of the Trinity (RKK/BB/TB12), and will sometimes malign yet defend them, huge warts and all.

On if he’d like to see a quarterback taken with the #3 pick:

“I guess, as a fan, I put my fan hat on, and I definitely would … you know, in the end, you can’t win in this league consistently unless you have a first-rate quarterback and a first-rate coach. On the other hand, you’re in a different position, and we’ve never been in the third draft position since we’ve owned the team and what happens, a lot of people behind are really desperate to move up. So we’re going to be open to whatever can come our way, but in the end, I’ll let the team make the decision what they think is best. One way or another, I’d like to see us get a top-rate young quarterback.”

Pretty obvious that Brady was right believing he should have been the first quarterback chosen. Especially when the guy he kept beating out and bailing out was the top rated college football prospect. Just because others don’t see it doesn’t mean he shouldn’t have been a high first round pick.

You have me conflicted with this one My Man. ANY time you can work getting Bill the Cat in is absolutely the right (ACKing!) time and normally rates as an automatic winner. OTOH when a situation cries out for a pathetic meme and you play the gif card...
I am a trafficker of gifs. Don't know what to tell you.
I Dont Care Whatever GIF

No meddling; just agreement with all but a very few fans.

The team will draft a QB with their first pick. It's not really a secret. Even trading down won't change that.
Agreed, TB12 is retired, Bill has moved on. We had it great last 2 decades.. eventually we had to start the new era. No structure is built without the foundation. We have a great owner, a smart young coach who's making his way , the 3rd pick in the draft.

Even Stevie wonder can see what the team needs.

Exactly. Explaining why they lost out on Ridley (girlfriend, taxes, QB situation, etc) while possibly accurate doesn't help matters at all.
This. If true, he violated the privacy of Ridley with his contract negotiations, and players will find out, and if false, players are going to know it's false.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back