PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Roster cutdowns - PATRIOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit more context via Lombardi:

We traded the 7th rounder we got from the hawks for coleman back to the hawks for marsh

Looking like another preseason fan favorite that probably isn't that special.

And the Rats are squeaking with delight.

So Coleman for Marsh.

Lmao, wtf. Why didn't they just trade Coleman for Marsh straight up then?

"Hey Bill, uh, you know that 7th we sent you? We realized we kind of need that back... can we undo that trade?"

"Sorry, no refunds."

"But we have buyers remorse! You can have Coleman back, it's all good!"

"Don't want him. Give me Marsh."

"Ughhhhh Bill come on..."

"I'll call the office to get the paperwork together."

Bennett was impressed with Marsh going into the season.

Michael Bennett on Cassius Marsh: He is 'really improving every single day'

Michael Bennett seems to be right on the money when picking which Seattle Seahawks players will have a breakout season.

Bennett, who previously predicted defensive-lineman Frank Clark’s leap last year, told reporters on Thursday during Day 4 of the team’s training camp that he believes defensive end Cassius Marsh is primed for a jump this upcoming season.

Maybe one or both of the teams wanted time to think on the second half of the deal and were satisfied with the 7th as compensation if it didn't work out.

Guess the Seahawks didnt decide at that point if he was making the team.

Ah, sad about DJ but he'll catch on somewhere. I do think he has more upside than Austin Carr but tough to make a team this stacked at that position.

Something interesting about Marsh.. 6'4. Played DE/OLB and TE in college.. Where have we heard that combination before??

What makes you think that ?

Lots of college production in a good conference. Has shown some NFL abilities so far, slot position is becoming more valued across the NFL

Guess the Seahawks didnt decide at that point if he was making the team.

Could be that SEA thought they might get more for Marsh, or could be that the Pats were investigating a different deal for a DE from another team. Either way, the 7th-rounder was maybe a placeholder, and, when the other deal failed to materialize, they just completed the original transaction.

and when all is settled .. the TE switch

The writing was on the wall at the point where we added so much ST help. I was speculating that we would go with 2 TEs but trading away JB created this snowball effect where WR5 got completed and maybe created that open slot. There must be something about Hollister they really like. To be honest I havent seen anything special in his preseason games but what do I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back