PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sacrilege: These Two Vets Should GO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sacrilege:These Two Vets Should G0

Why would you get rid of Harrison? He can be outstanding if you play him more in a rotational basis than full time. He is a great leader to boot.

Why is it an either or with Lynch and Harrison anyway? I think we keep both.

By the end of the Dallas game last year, Witten was ready for a 3-week vacation. Rodney bought him the ticket. He may have slowed down, but there is no tougher or savvier safety in the league.

Even with Tank on the 53, Rodney would have stayed, and Lynch was the second choice after Tank.

Re: Sacrilege: These Two Vets Should G0

Maybe you should buy the Chiefs or the Dolphins.

Last edited:

So what is gained by cutting Harrison? Are you seeing this as a money saver?? What is gained by taking away leadership?? Are the special teams going to be better with less experience out there without Izzo? He wasn't on the field on either of those touchdowns...maybe if he was that wouldn't have happened...again what is gamed??
Who do you replace these vets with??

rodney3.jpg

Now those who said Rodney is to be cut, go wash your mouth out with soap. Last year Rodney played at a high level. He made the int that sealed a playoff game. He still is valuable.

Now with Izzo, I had him off my 53 man projection. But he may stay now that Webster was cut and O'Callahan is on IR.

yeah, no way rodney gets cut. he is the emotional leader of this defense on the field. he's lost a step or two in the past couple years, but he is still of value here.

Now with Izzo, I had him off my 53 man projection. But he may stay now that Webster was cut and O'Callahan is on IR.

Webster, O'C and Izzo play completely different positions, but they were battling for a roster spot?

You obviously didn't watch the game against the Eagles last Saturday. Rodney was all over the field and clearly ready to play a full season at a high level.
I agree with you on Izzo, but [personal insults deleted; please see site rules]

Last edited by a moderator:

Ummm... yeah.

Cut Rodney, friggin genius! :violent:

Rodney commands respect both on the field and in the locker room. Lynch is a first year player on this team. Not to mention Rodney is better than Lynch.

If they were to have a race, I bet Rodney would win. :eek:

WTF......Who?......Rodney Harrison and Larry Izzo

I'd rather have Lynch and this makes Rodney expendable.Izzo is a LB in name only.Both cost about 1mil per yr.

I want more speed:
Spann and Slater at FS
Whilhite at CB and returns
Guyton at LB
Ventrone as my Binky
With 5 RB's,you only need 2 TE's

Alexander and Hobson should both go,but if you need to keep one,Alexander is out because Hobson can play outside.

This is what I want...and I'm going to hold my breath until I turn blue.....so there

Are you nuts?

Lynch is far INFERIOR to Harrison. Izzo is the only special teams "ace" we have - and I 'dunno 'bout you, but special teams coverage has sucked this preseason.

And, like many others out there, what is the love for Vetrone? Yah, he's a nice story. But c'mon. C-yah!

Are you nuts?

Lynch is far INFERIOR to Harrison. Izzo is the only special teams "ace" we have - and I 'dunno 'bout you, but special teams coverage has sucked this preseason.

And, like many others out there, what is the love for Vetrone? Yah, he's a nice story. But c'mon. C-yah!

Um, has it ever occurred to you that Izzo losing a step or two might be a big reason that special teams coverage has sucked?

Well that was fun....could have done without the personal attacks,but some are on this board with an agenda,not to talk football.

This is no different than Lawyer Milloy or Drew Bledsoe.Just because you have a player's jersey
hanging in a glass case in your basement,
doesn't mean he's off-limits to discuss.

This is no different than a Sam Morris/Lamont Jordan or Tedy Bruschi/Hobson/Seau discussion......or is Tedy off-limits,too.

If you take out the emotions,this is a discussion about Harrison,Lynch,Sanders,
Spann and Slater.

How many to keep,the salary cap and who best fits the scheme.Just cold,hard,football talk.

It might be outside the box......but it isn't dumb(your verbiage)......I have no apologies to make.
Peter

"Hybrid". Its amazing how much stock some have put in this catchy new concept. Even though its really not. I love the "cut Rodney Harrison" idea. Yeah, that's gonna happen.

I feel pretty strongly that a Vet or Two will see the Axe and this board will go nuts. Check with me on Saturday. If that blade finds Izzo and/or Alexander, I won't sniffle one bit.

I would really like to see Izzo cut, and I think that Bruschi should be cut too. A lot of that depends on Victor Hobson and Mayo though. Bruschi is really a liability out there now.

Rodney Harrison just will not get cut period.

Webster, O'C and Izzo play completely different positions, but they were battling for a roster spot?

Izzo really doesn't play a position ( not very well). If he was taken on the merits of being a LB he would have been gone 5 years ago.

His value is on ST's, so the players cut and IR'ed open up another position on the team. It doesn't have to be the same position.

I love Larry Izzo. I wish he was 40 pounds heavier and 3 inches taller. With his guts, heart and smarts, he would be a starting ILB.

Izzo has been taking a beating this pre-season in this forum .... why?

Last edited:
Izzo has been taking a beating this pre-season in this forum .... why?

The only thing I've said about Larry is that I don't think he will make the 53 this year. We have some good young LB's who can also play ST's. We need to keep a couple of them.

In my book if it were a 55 man roster, Larry Rizzo would be on it.

I would really like to see Izzo cut, and I think that Bruschi should be cut too. A lot of that depends on Victor Hobson and Mayo though. Bruschi is really a liability out there now.

Fortunately for you 3,000 miles separates you from the wrath of Mrs B.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand