PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SB LI was the greatest NFL game of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
All five SB victories were totally sweet.

SB 36 - The first one. Broken cherry. Never thought it would happen but there it was.

SB 38 - The validation of the first one. Established the Patriots as a non-fluke, as the best team in the NFL.

SB 39 - The Dynasty Is Born.

SB 49 - Deflategate starting up. Ending the whole "You haven't won anything since Spygate". Brady getting that elusive #4. Keeping Seattle from becoming a dynasty.

SB 51 - One for the thumb. Coming off his suspension. Greatest comeback ever. Fourth SB MVP for TB12. Beyond words.

Each one in its own right was just tremendous.

I still can't believe they won SB 51 being down 28-3 late in the 3rd quarter. Unreal.

Not an NFL game, but the Flutie Game has to be up there. Not just for the finish but for the way the teams kept taking haymakers from each other and returning them. Kosar and Flutie put on an amazing show in terrible conditions.

Super bowl XLIX > Super Bowl LI

Super Bowl LI was painful to watch for 2+ quarters.. missed passes, dropped passes, and fumbles from the Patriots. The comeback was amazing but I just kept my eye on the game clock and kept doing the math in my head. It might have been the best 4th quarter to watch but not the best game. Like many other people have said.

When Butler made the pick that was an amazing tense moment that is hard to duplicate.

"Best" game - who knows? But it is the game that will define Brady's career - the one that will be in the first paragraph any time his career is summarized. For that reason alone, it will always be one of the most memorable and consequential games in NFL history - one that parents will tell their kids about. The legend of this game will grow and grow. Colts-Giants 1958 and Ice Bowl level.

...it will always be one of the most memorable and consequential games in NFL history - one that parents will tell their kids about. The legend of this game will grow and grow. Colts-Giants 1958 and Ice Bowl level.

"I remember Brady throwing for 460 yards in the 4th quarter and overtime."

"Pats ran something like 150 plays. Falcon players were sucking oxygen like Kareem against the Celts."

"Trey Flowers had 5 sacks that day."

"That ball bounced off every Falcons player before Julian Edelman corralled that pass for the game-tying touchdown."

Regards,
Chris

Quinn would have been a fool not to challenge that play. That had nothing to do with "psychological domination" if you saw that catch in real time from the sideline, you'd throw the flag too. I'd bet my next paycheck that if Atlanta made that exact catch, BB would have thrown the flag too.
The challenge is not based solely on what the coach sees "in real time". He has assistants in the booth that view the same footage the viewers see and advises him whether to challenge. Belichick has Ernie Adams fill this role. In the case of the Edelman play, the replay was clear prior to the challenge that the play was a catch.

How soon the young fans forget. How can they ever top this?
sanchez211.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST