PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Something more positive today: Favorite Pats moments/games/memories vs each team

Thought about this last night. Vs the other 31 what is your favorite moment/game ever against that opponent? I’ll start with a few. I’ll come back to this list when I think of the teams I left blank.

BUF- Posted it a while back - regular season game in 1998. Bledsoe drive with no time outs for a game winning TD. Bills leave the field to protest a call on the XP so we get 2. Lol
MIA- So many to choose from. I‘m partial to Brady to Brown, OT TD. In Miami. Also liked the back to back wins in 97 regular season finale and playoffs. 86 AFCCG. Or the snowplow lol
NYJ- The Buttfumble. Lol

BAL- 2014 AFC Divisional playoff game. Comeback
CIN- On to who again?
CLE-
PIT- 2001 AFC Championship game. Better unpack for New Orleans.

HOU-
IND (or BAL Colts) -
JAX- 1996 AFC Championship game. Jambalaya!
TEN (or HOU Oilers) -

DEN- Gambling on a snap through the end zone paying off. 2003 regular season.
KC- 2018 AFC Championship game.
OAK/LA/LV - The Snow game hands down. Brady might have fumbled but it was payback for Roughing the Passer anyway so all square.
SD/LAC - 2006 AFC Divisional game

DAL- The OT loss in 2021 was a really great football game. I wish this Mac Jones was still around.
NYG-
PHI- Super Bowl 39
WAS- This one is also tough… I guess the blowout in 2007.

CHI- 2002 regular season. Losing 27-6 with 6 minutes to go. One big Brady comeback later Pats win. This was a sign that Brady had *IT*.
DET- The Thanksgiving day game in 2013(?) was fun. Brady, Branch and Law Firm abuse Alphonso Smith
GB-
MIN- Comeback win and Bledsoe going off on them throwing 70 passes and that record still stands

ATL- What else? SBLI
CAR- SB 38
NO-
TB- Brady’s return home. Maybe not so much for the game but for everything around it.

ARI- Jimmy debut in 2016 and gets a win
STL/LA- What else? SB36
SEA- What else? SBXLIX
SF- The regular season loss in 2012 vs Kaepernick. Pats with a massive comeback down 31-3 in the 3rd quarter to tie but didn’t have enough at the end. Great game.

Great idea for a thread.

I don’t have time for addressing each team, but the first thing that came to mind for me was the trick plays in the playoff game against Baltimore. The Edelman to Amendola TD in particular.

I will probably do this slowly. One team at a time. So many great moments

Seattle. Not just the Butler interception, but Belichick goading Carroll into that play call, and being ready for it. Unreal.

Atlanta-Edelman’s insane catch.

Reactions: sb1

aqib-talib-hot-tub.jpg

Lol

Houston lettermen jackets game.

You hit on most of mine...I have nothing to add....

But one of my faves was beating the Testaverde Jets in 2001 and the Bills game where Patten was knocked out and OOB (and Brady lost his helmet too)....

Most of my faves are from 2001......

Thought about this last night. Vs the other 31 what is your favorite moment/game ever against that opponent? I’ll start with a few. I’ll come back to this list when I think of the teams I left blank.

BUF- Posted it a while back - regular season game in 1998. Bledsoe drive with no time outs for a game winning TD. Bills leave the field to protest a call on the XP so we get 2. Lol
MIA- So many to choose from. I‘m partial to Brady to Brown, OT TD. In Miami. Also liked the back to back wins in 97 regular season finale and playoffs. 86 AFCCG. Or the snowplow lol
NYJ- The Buttfumble. Lol

BAL- 2014 AFC Divisional playoff game. Comeback
CIN- On to who again?
CLE-
PIT- 2001 AFC Championship game. Better unpack for New Orleans.

HOU-
IND (or BAL Colts) -
JAX- 1996 AFC Championship game. Jambalaya!
TEN (or HOU Oilers) -

DEN- Gambling on a snap through the end zone paying off. 2003 regular season.
KC- 2018 AFC Championship game.
OAK/LA/LV - The Snow game hands down. Brady might have fumbled but it was payback for Roughing the Passer anyway so all square.
SD/LAC - 2006 AFC Divisional game

DAL- The OT loss in 2021 was a really great football game. I wish this Mac Jones was still around.
NYG-
PHI- Super Bowl 39
WAS- This one is also tough… I guess the blowout in 2007.

CHI- 2002 regular season. Losing 27-6 with 6 minutes to go. One big Brady comeback later Pats win. This was a sign that Brady had *IT*.
DET- The Thanksgiving day game in 2013(?) was fun. Brady, Branch and Law Firm abuse Alphonso Smith
GB-
MIN- Comeback win and Bledsoe going off on them throwing 70 passes and that record still stands

ATL- What else? SBLI
CAR- SB 38
NO-
TB- Brady’s return home. Maybe not so much for the game but for everything around it.

ARI- Jimmy debut in 2016 and gets a win
STL/LA- What else? SB36
SEA- What else? SBXLIX
SF- The regular season loss in 2012 vs Kaepernick. Pats with a massive comeback down 31-3 in the 3rd quarter to tie but didn’t have enough at the end. Great game.
Wow so many great games and stakes you put up!!.. one I think of is the 38-3 blowout of the jets in the 2010 regular season.

You hit on most of mine...I have nothing to add....

But one of my faves was beating the Testaverde Jets in 2001 and the Bills game where Patten was knocked out and OOB (and Brady lost his helmet too)....

Most of my faves are from 2001......
Comeback over the Chargers

Saints-Brady’s last second touchdown to Kenbrell Thompson, ruining Rob Ryan’s sideline victory celebration.

The Vikings-their decision to draft Kenechi Udeze, leaving Vince Wilfork n the board for the Patriots to take.

ARI-
Matt Cassel’s Patriots 47
the soon to be NFC Champion Cardinals 7

Too bad that team ran out of games. They were starting to peak at the right time…

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back