PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SB Memory Lane: 2003 Patriots

Oops, realized you were referring to 06-08. Regular season late 06-early -08 was 21-0. With playoffs 25-2.
I realized you were still looking at a different time frame but it was just as fun because that time frame was nuts too.

IMO this was the best defense of the run.

04 had Corey but we lost Ty to injury. So add that context when choosing the best overall team. Which IMO might actually be the 07 team.

The 03 SB was nuts an absolute up and down slobber knocker.

Corey's running in 04 was physical and nasty might be the most fun pure football of the run.
It was until the superbowl

I freaking loved this team.

Bunch of bad asses.

Every time they needed a play they made it.
They were especially great on defense. It's too bad that Brady got injured for that defenses final season. Luckily, Brady became more of a threat on offense and made up for that in the second half of the dynasty.

Btw, I recently re-watched the 3 Games To Glory videos and the 03 and 04 versions show quite clearly what a screw job the HOF voters are giving Rodney. Even in a great defense like that he stood out.

They were especially great on defense. It's too bad that Brady got injured for that defenses final season. Luckily, Brady became more of a threat on offense and made up for that in the second half of the dynasty.

Btw, I recently re-watched the 3 Games To Glory videos and the 03 and 04 versions show quite clearly what a screw job the HOF voters are giving Rodney. Even in a great defense like that he stood out.
He was pretty much considered a HoFer before he got here and then put up some extremely good postseason numbers as a key contributor to 2 SB wins. In the regular season on average we lost 3 games a year during his time and his personal stats were exceptional.

It's extremely frustrating to watch him get snubbed year after year. To add fuel to the fire there's been a recent run of safeties getting in and other than Reed he's better than them all.

And it's not like they are going to be lining up to elect a bunch of players from this team other than Brady, Gronk, and Bill who else is a lock? They might consider Adam or Slater but neither deserve it more than Rodney.

I wonder what the average is for teams who got multiple rings and we are probably going to grossly underrepresented in comparison despite more rings and years on top than anyone in history.

Yes, that is pretty crazy that Rodney Harrison isnt' getting more attention for Hall of Fame. As other have noted he already had a HOF career in San Diego, nevermind his clutch plays during the Patriots post seasons. You would think that two interceptions in SB 39 would be the cherry on top (including the icing TD).

PS.....then when you hear about BB talk about Harrison's practice habits. How he would practice hard like it was a game and that would ruffle the feathers of some of his teammates....sounds like he was the "RUDY" of the NFL.

what a screw job the HOF voters are giving Rodney. Even in a great defense like that he stood out.
It's complete BS. Such a joke.

If Mongo McMichael and Gradishar are getting in so should Rodney.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back