Tuesday,April 20 at 7:00pm on NFLNE.......just announced:rocker:

Re: NFL 2010 Schedule Release Announced

nevermind

what

Last edited:

Thought for sure it was this week...oh well

Finally!

Maybe they are releasing it so late as a build up to the draft?

Finally!

Maybe they are releasing it so late as a build up to the draft?

Probably had to redo a few things last week after McNabb got traded and that could be the cause for the delay.

Probably had to redo a few things last week after McNabb got traded and that could be the cause for the delay.

They could also be tweeking things for Big Ben, come to think of it.

that's good, i was looking for it

Tuesday,April 20 at 7:00pm on NFLNE.......just announced:rocker:
I think it is absolutely ridiculous how the NFL tries to make the schedule announcement into some sort of major production. They should be more mindful of fans who have to make travel arrangements to go to various games instead of making everyone wait so long.

Thanks for the info !
Dumb move by the NFL imo.
They already have enough going on with the 3 day draft next week.
Since the NFL has waited this long, why not wait a couple more weeks and give the fans a little action in May.

Thought for sure it was this week...oh well

I thought it was today.

Thanks for the info !
Dumb move by the NFL imo.
They already have enough going on with the 3 day draft next week.
Since the NFL has waited this long, why not wait a couple more weeks and give the fans a little action in May.
Doesn't really matter to me, but for a lot of people the schedule is more than just fodder for chatting on the internet. A lot of people need to make plans for travelling and things like that and I can understand their frustration at the NFL's constant delays.

Of course, next year who knows what they will do... Might be tough to release a schedule if there is no guarantee there will be a full season.

NFL to release 2010 regular-season schedule Tuesday
The complete NFL schedule will be unveiled exclusively on NFL.com on Tuesday, April 20 at 7 p.m. ET. At the same time, NFL Network will feature a two-hour special, NFL Total Access: 2010 Schedule Release. It's a perfect occasion for "two-screen" experience with the NFL.
Two-hour special I just can't wait!

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see the early games in the schedule. A good number of Pats opponents have players facing suspensions early in the year:

- Steelers (Roethlisberger, likely 2-4 games)
- Jets (Holmes, 4 games)
- Dolphins (Ferguson, 8 games)
- Vikings (Williams Wall, 4 games pending trial in June)

The Pats have played the Jets in the 1st two weeks for the last 4 years and the Pats will almost certainly play the Fins in the 1st half of the season. A Williams/Williams suspension is probably unlikely anyway. No real trends for playing the Steelers so the Pats would have to be lucky to get them early.

Also, the Pats have only one trip of note (not counting Miami since they do it every year and it is the same time zone). It will also be interesting to see how the SD trip fits into the schedule.

Here is my ideal schedule:

1. BUF - 5th preseason game
2. @NYJ - No Holmes, short week for Jets
3. @PIT - Hopefully no Ben
4. MIN - Hope for a jury favorable to the NFL in June
5. @MIA - No Ferguson, mid-October not too hot
6. GB
7. @SD
8. BYE - Rest up after SD trip and get 2 weeks for Indy
9. IND
10. @CHI - Before the weather gets too bad
11. CIN
12. @DET
13. BAL - Revenge best served cold...in December
14. @CLE - Doubt Mangini lasts this long
15. MIA - Nice and frosty for the Fins
16. @BUF
17. NYJ - Any doubt this is the last game?

Why is everyone predicting Buffalo as game one?

Buffalo was the visiting team in week one last season?
The Jets were the home team for week two

No way does the schedule start out the exact same this year

I say Cleveland is our opponent in week one

I could see the Jets at NE in week two though

I think it is absolutely ridiculous how the NFL tries to make the schedule announcement into some sort of major production. They should be more mindful of fans who have to make travel arrangements to go to various games instead of making everyone wait so long.

Dream on....let's try to imagine the NFL decision process....

"Um, we could wait until the last minute to be sure that we can maximize millions or tens of millions of dollars of TV revenues around variables like McNabb and Roethlisberger or we could worry about the convenience of a few hundred or maybe a few thousand fans who've already bought tickets and are making travel plans....let's see...what should we do?"

Why is everyone predicting Buffalo as game one?

Buffalo was the visiting team in week one last season?
The Jets were the home team for week two

No way does the schedule start out the exact same this year

I say Cleveland is our opponent in week one

I could see the Jets at NE in week two though

since we're all just wasting time speculating about something over which we have no control, i'll jump in.

i agree that they won't start twice in a row with Buffalo...the Pats are one of the biggest draws in the league and, well, the Bills, aren't....seems to me that the Monday night game to open the new stadium vs. the Jets would create a big audience, so that's where I'd put my money.

It will be interesting to see the early games in the schedule. A good number of Pats opponents have players facing suspensions early in the year:

- Steelers (Roethlisberger, likely 2-4 games)
- Jets (Holmes, 4 games)
- Dolphins (Ferguson, 8 games)
- Vikings (Williams Wall, 4 games pending trial in June)

The Pats have played the Jets in the 1st two weeks for the last 4 years and the Pats will almost certainly play the Fins in the 1st half of the season. A Williams/Williams suspension is probably unlikely anyway. No real trends for playing the Steelers so the Pats would have to be lucky to get them early.

Also, the Pats have only one trip of note (not counting Miami since they do it every year and it is the same time zone). It will also be interesting to see how the SD trip fits into the schedule.

Here is my ideal schedule:

1. BUF - 5th preseason game
2. @NYJ - No Holmes, short week for Jets
3. @PIT - Hopefully no Ben
4. MIN - Hope for a jury favorable to the NFL in June
5. @MIA - No Ferguson, mid-October not too hot
6. GB
7. @SD
8. BYE - Rest up after SD trip and get 2 weeks for Indy
9. IND
10. @CHI - Before the weather gets too bad
11. CIN
12. @DET
13. BAL - Revenge best served cold...in December
14. @CLE - Doubt Mangini lasts this long
15. MIA - Nice and frosty for the Fins
16. @BUF
17. NYJ - Any doubt this is the last game?

I assume the Detroit game is the Thanksgiving day game? (Assuming Detroit still GETS the Thanksgiving game :D)

since we're all just wasting time speculating about something over which we have no control, i'll jump in.

i agree that they won't start twice in a row with Buffalo...the Pats are one of the biggest draws in the league and, well, the Bills, aren't....seems to me that the Monday night game to open the new stadium vs. the Jets would create a big audience, so that's where I'd put my money.

It might be Miami at the Jets with the Marshall vs. Revis theme going on,remember the schedule was reported delayed about a week as there were reports that the league wanted to change a few things with those new additions to teams.

Dream on....let's try to imagine the NFL decision process....

"Um, we could wait until the last minute to be sure that we can maximize millions or tens of millions of dollars of TV revenues around variables like McNabb and Roethlisberger or we could worry about the convenience of a few hundred or maybe a few thousand fans who've already bought tickets and are making travel plans....let's see...what should we do?"
That's my point. The NFL doesn't give a crap about the fans who attend the games. That's all well and good because they know what side their bread is buttered on... but then Roger Goodell gets up and wonders what he can do to improve the fan experience at games.

I predict the Indy game will be a Sunday in November. In fact, I predict:

Thursday, November 4 - at Seattle
Monday, November 8 - New York Jets (in London)
Friday, November 12 - at University of Hawaii
Sunday, November 14 - Indianapolis

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back