PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Bill Belichick & Patriots to Part Ways

But not in NE?
Coaching was a problem too. It wasn't just GMing. The situational coaching these last 3 years has been real bad. Even the Cam year it wasn't this bad.

Only 1 team wins it all every season I'm talking about wins and losses exclusive
29-39 since Tom left is terrible
10 games under .500
So yes we have a chance to be much better than that
Since Tom and an almost all of the other dynasty guys left, with no money and little draft capital.

I think that matters, a lot.

I hope they will be. I like both of them. The krafts though aren’t built for this. They cave to media pressure because they want to be well liked. That’s all they care about
Way off dude the Krafts can buy friends with all the $$$$$ they have.

Since Tom and an almost all of the other dynasty guys left, with no money and little draft capital.

I think that matters, a lot.
The Cam Year was the reset for all that. They've had plenty of money and draft capital after that. It's what they chose to do with it.

There’s a lot of money to spend, will Kraft want to dish out big signing bonuses?
Absolutely. He'll go all in to ensure success.

Well it sucks the era it's over but can't say I'm sad about belichick leaving.

If he stayed it absolutely would have been more of the same: bad drafting, coaching and a team that struggles to score six points a game.

Good luck and thanks for everything you did but it's time for a new regime

Mayo counts since it's a promotion, no?

“In 2021, the NFL approved changes requiring every team to interview at least two external minority candidates for open head coaching positions and at least one external minority candidate for a coordinator job. Additionally, at least one minority and/or female candidate must be interviewed for senior level positions (e.g., club president and senior executives).”

The Rooney Rule | NFL Football Operations

2019+ Belichick wasn't the same guy as 2000-2018 Belichick. Results speak for themselves. Action talks and BS walks.

Times change. People change. Stuff happens. Nobody in any field stays relevant forever.

The crazy thing isn't it ending, the crazy thing is it lasting as long as it did. Same as with Brady, ironically enough.
Don't tell that to the IBBWT Crowd they still think he's the same guy. :rolleyes:

It’s really not. Many franchises are mediocre for decades. None have been as dominant as this one for decades.

Rebuilding is hard. Can you name any franchise that was dominant, then needed to rebuild and weren’t mediocre for 4 years?
I know the answer:

Its Bill going 16-0 during the rebuild

They had to have more patience. Especially with that qb. Abandoning the rebuild when it was almost done is myopic. What comes next will be much much worse
Take the L from all your terrible takes and STFU. I'm excited for this new era of Patriots football. Go follow the Bills if you're not happy.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back