PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi OT: Hurricane Florence and Patriots traveling to Jacksonville

Status
Not open for further replies.

KDPPatsfan85

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
We have a strong Cat 4 possibly Cat 5 that will hit SC, NC, VA this Friday into Saturday. Patriots usually travel these days to go to a game. Do you guys think they leave earlier before the Hurricane hits?

gfs_z500_mslp_us_27.png

I am sorry. But does it matter? They will be in Jacksonville on Sunday.

Not sure what you are getting at here, but Nat. Hurricane center has it hitting NC on Wed nite.. of course it can change but that is expected, but will have little impact on Friday Travel to Jax.. unless it veers suddenly to the SW...

The bigger concern for the players may be the impact on their families who live in the area..

145000_earliest_reasonable_toa_no_wsp_34.png

Nah they'll be fine. Their charter flights don't get delayed because of logjams like us commoners who are delayed 5 hrs and need to sit at the airport bar to kill time.

The Panthers are away this Sunday (ATL), but it's not beyond the realm of possibility that their home venue sustains damage, and they're scheduled to play Cinci at home on the 23rd.

Also, there's always uncertainty about what happens with the remnants of the hurricane after landfall. Torrential rains and flooding may be possible anywhere along the U.S. coast up through Maine and perhaps as far west as Pittsburgh through the weekend.

The Panthers are away this Sunday (ATL), but it's not beyond the realm of possibility that their home venue sustains damage, and they're scheduled to play Cinci at home on the 23rd.

Also, there's always uncertainty about what happens with the remnants of the hurricane after landfall. Torrential rains and flooding may be possible anywhere along the U.S. coast up through Maine and perhaps as far west as Pittsburgh through the weekend.

Their home venue will be fine. It's far enough away from the coast that it shouldn't be an issue..

Yea. I put that under the "charter" catagory

Probably even more flexibility with ownership.

Anyway, if Florence makes landfall as a strong Cat-4 or Cat-5 late Wednesday or early Thursday, the remnants could still be impacting all air traffic along the Eastern Seaboard through Saturday. A storm like that doesn't generally dissipate quickly. There's still going to be a lot of energy and moisture moving around, likely toward the northeast.

Probably even more flexibility with ownership.

Anyway, if Florence makes landfall as a strong Cat-4 or Cat-5 late Wednesday or early Thursday, the remnants could still be impacting all air traffic along the Eastern Seaboard through Saturday. A storm like that doesn't generally dissipate quickly. There's still going to be a lot of energy and moisture moving around, likely toward the northeast.

They will likely have the team fly out Friday night with their route taking them out over Western NY and they could go as far west as Michigan before turning South to go around the storm..

Nah they'll be fine. Their charter flights don't get delayed because of logjams like us commoners who are delayed 5 hrs and need to sit at the airport bar to kill time.
RW, you sparked a memory! A few years ago I was flying home from Ft. Myers to Providence via BWI. I took a bump in Baltimore and got a $200 voucher. Not a great amount, but I was alone and took it. I had about a 5.5 hour wait and made the mistake of going straight to the bar near my gate. Five hours, about ten 22 oz. beers and some food later I stumbled onto my 50 minute flight to PVD. My bar bill, with tip, was about $160, so I netted about $40 for about a 7 hour delay. I'm an idiot...

RW, you sparked a memory! A few years ago I was flying home from Ft. Myers to Providence via BWI. I took a bump in Baltimore and got a $200 voucher. Not a great amount, but I was alone and took it. I had about a 5.5 hour wait and made the mistake of going straight to the bar near my gate. Five hours, about ten 22 oz. beers and some food later I stumbled onto my 50 minute flight to PVD. My bar bill, with tip, was about $160, so I netted about $40 for about a 7 hour delay. I'm an idiot...
Hope you had an aisle seat after drinking 10 22oz beers. I'd be running to the head every 10 minutes 1/2 in the bag no doubt.

Should be fun times here in the Triangle. Euro model (yesterday) had 1-3 ft of rain predicted to fall between here and Wilmington. Will be interesting to see what the rainy spring/summer we've had does to the shallow root pines when another 10 + inches of rain falls.

Any other Pats Fans down this way, stay safe.

EDIT TO ADD - As for team travel, I would assume they would just go around it.

Should be fun times here in the Triangle. Euro model (yesterday) had 1-3 ft of rain predicted to fall between here and Wilmington. Will be interesting to see what the rainy spring/summer we've had does to the shallow root pines when another 10 + inches of rain falls.

Hopefully you've already stocked up on supplies. I've had several cases and jugs of water and non-perishables, lanterns, batteries, etc. on standby since June.

Hopefully you've already stocked up on supplies. I've had several cases and jugs of water and non-perishables, lanterns, batteries, etc. on standby since June.

Well in an odd twist of fate we were up in MA the last week and a half visiting family. Drove back overnight and got here yesterday morning. Most of the stores (HT, Publix, Lowes) are fairly barren as of this AM. Was able to get gas which I guess is a plus since towns East of here are already out of it.

Kids have snacks out the wah-zoo and we have water in every carrying device we have. Tubs are filled. We will head back to MA should it get hairy here in the Triangle.

62" of rain in Wilmington this year…already. Most ever

62" of rain in Wilmington this year…already. Most ever

Unless that latest Euro model comes to fruition (now has the storm stalling offshore of Wilmington and then doubling back into SC and GA) seems like you guys will have quite the record on your hands, with another four months to go.

EDIT TO ADD - Latest Euro run. GFS (which I don't trust nearly as much post the Sandy debacle) has a similar move West

ECMWF Model - Tropical Tidbits

Hope you had an aisle seat after drinking 10 22oz beers. I'd be running to the head every 10 minutes 1/2 in the bag no doubt.
I fell asleep before takeoff and a flight attendant had to wake me to get off the plane. I literally ran to the head and stood at the urinal for at least 5 minutes. Went to the baggage claim area and before getting my bag, went again for about 5 minutes. My wife picked me up outside and the first thing she said upon looking at me was, "You need to lie down.". I crawled into the backseat and slept for the entire 40 minute ride home.

Not sure what you are getting at here, but Nat. Hurricane center has it hitting NC on Wed nite.. of course it can change but that is expected, but will have little impact on Friday Travel to Jax.. unless it veers suddenly to the SW...

The bigger concern for the players may be the impact on their families who live in the area..

145000_earliest_reasonable_toa_no_wsp_34.png
Your map is looking at the “earliest reasonable time”. If you average all predictions, instead of looking at the single earliest one, the eye is predicted to his landfall Friday morning and just sort of meander around the Carolinas for 2 days (obviously it will weaken significantly when it hits land).

They cancelled/rescheduled Saturday college football in NC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents