PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Something to ponder about BB.

Ok so then who is the replacement ? Seems like lots of people here want to get rid of Bill … but who’s up next ??
His team is in it's 4th year of getting worse and sitting at 2-9. Of course there's lots of people who want him gone. I'm wondering why it isn't every Pats fan.

Who replaces Bill is a question for Kraft but I'll take a stab at an answer. I want anyone to be his replacement and I'd like him in place yesterday.

His team is in it's 4th year of getting worse and sitting at 2-9. Of course there's lots of people who want him gone. I'm wondering why it isn't every Pats fan.

Who replaces Bill is a question for Kraft but I'll take a stab at an answer. I want anyone to be his replacement and I'd like him in place yesterday.
The Pats have the 3rd worst record in the league. Virtually anyone would be better at this point.

And since that's the case, why not go for the clean sweep in the off-season?

Ok so then who is the replacement ? Seems like lots of people here want to get rid of Bill … but who’s up next ??
I don’t know why people keep asking this like it’s a thing. The team will line up and interview candidates and pick the best one for them like any other team making a coaching change.

Bill is 71 his roster and personnel building has created a failed team and his coaching has noticeably slipped. It’s just time. Nothing more than that. Father Time wins as he always does.

Red Auerbach didn’t do anything, it was all Bill Russell.
It wasn't all Bill Russell just like it wasn't all Larry Bird or Tom Brady. Nobody said it was.

But anyway, back to the topic of things to ponder about Belichick. Has anyone thought about how dark of a stain for cheating he'll leave on this team after he's gone? If he adds another season of cheating to get a QB then that could settle it forever and we'd be no better than the Irsay Indiots.

I don’t know why people keep asking this like it’s a thing. The team will line up and interview candidates and pick the best one for them like any other team making a coaching change.

Bill is 71 his roster and personnel building has created a failed team and his coaching has noticeably slipped. It’s just time. Nothing more than that. Father Time wins as he always does.
That brings up another ponderance. Bill is 71 now and Tom was 45 in his last season. Which of those is too old, 72 to coach or 45 to play QB? That's a tough one but I think it depends on the individual. Brady was an exception.

One more ponderance. Does anyone know why Bill had the Pats running up the scores in 07? I supported it then and still do but it did seem like they were running up the scores. They scored a ton of points but were especially cruel to the Bills and Redskins. I wonder if there were reasons for that.

Last edited:
You might have a case for him just throwing in the towel at this stage but prior to this season I absolutely do not believe any of that.
I believe that Bill and Bob are on the same page and everything else is propaganda.
If Bill leaves it will be amicable.
If Bill stays then we'll know they're on the same page right now.

Correct. I'd love to see just how many former lacrosse players are coaching in the NFL.
Among other things right?

In the end, I believe that BB would never run his team to the ground. I think he's doing what he always does. Letting the offense be run by someone he trusts completely while he orchestrates the defense mostly in general and all other the other things. But then comes what everyone knows, has been discussed and still will be.

I love and will always love BB. But it's not rocket science here. He's too old for all of what the NFL is nowadays

It wasn't all Bill Russell just like it wasn't all Larry Bird or Tom Brady. Nobody said it was.

But anyway, back to the topic of things to ponder about Belichick. Has anyone thought about how dark of a stain for cheating he'll leave on this team after he's gone? If he adds another season of cheating to get a QB then that could settle it forever and we'd be no better than the Irsay Indiots.

Yes 1960, there are people here saying it was all Brady, and you are either will fully ignoring that, or you actually have them on ignore. As an Example Venecol does it routinely.

And if you believe that Belichick s leaving a “ dark stain” of “ cheating” then I guess the same must be said of Brady and his “ cheating.” When the truth is that what Belichick did was tape 1/2 of a game from the wrong area of the stadium against Jets after Goodell sent out a memo telling teams not to do it. Before that the practice was widespread, as Jimmy Johnson made clear at the time. And he says that Howard Mudd, the Colts OL coach was considered the king of this oractice. They were given massive penalties for a practice that was endemic in the game, and everyone knew it.

It was the exact same thing with Brady. Brady did make it clear to the equipment guys that he wanted the balls softer than most QB’s, but once again it was a common practice, one that Aaron Rodgers said he engaged in, telling his equipment guys that he wanted the game balls overinflated, and the New York Times did a lengthy piece about the efforts the NYG equipment guys went to get the balls ready for Eli Manning. Jim Kensil lied to Chris Mortenson about “ 11 out of 12 balls were underinflated by vet 2lbs.” When in fact only 1 ball was, and the game conditions easily explained why the balls were at less than the precise setting. But I guess in your mind Brady is a cheater who left a dark stain on the Patriots legacy through his cheating ways.

Neither one is guilty of what they were trashed and penalized for, but the fact that you would try to smear Belichick with that actually does prove that you have been a Belichick hater all along., as that’s not a conclusion you came to yesterday. Too bad your standards of perfection demand that Brady be included in that smear, but “ cheating is cheating” even when it isn’t.

But since it is, here’s a nice long article about Red Auerbach cheating ways

NBA

Red Auerbach’s Nefarious Attempts at Gamesmanship Infuriated the Lakers​

The Los Angeles Lakers likely weren't the only team on the receiving end of Red Auerbach's attempts to tilt the game in the Boston Celtics' favor.
by TIM VAN STRATEN
Published on March 10, 2022

I didn’t post the entire article, but google it and read about how their greatest players tell about the “ cheating” Red engaged in against the Lakers and others, I’m sure you will come away with a much darker feeling about Red’s tactics. After all, he was a cheater.

Red Auerbach admitted to cheating​

A direct quote from Red:

Everybody always asks me how to gain a competitive edge,” Auerbach said. “And I’m always surprised because the answer is so obvious … You cheat.”

He then explained to O’Brien and his classmates how if you’re playing a better fast-breaking team, you should “install nets so tight that the ball gets stuck.” Or if you’re playing a faster baseball team, you should “water the basepaths ’till they turn into muddy quagmires that nobody can run on.”

According to Sports Illustrated, the Lakers were woken up by fire alarms no fewer than 10 times over the course of their six-night hotel stay in 1984. The Marriott Copley Place said the cause was dust, but one maid told SI, “They could be set off by a man with a cigar.”

But then again, other than his Cheating, which left a dark stain on the Celtics “ Championships” it was all Bill Russell.

Last edited:

Damn shame that Auerbach’s cheating wasn’t limited to the Russell years, but also ruined the Bird years as well

I really hope the Celtics can win a Championship this season. Right now they are tied with the Nuggets, with each having won 1 legitimate championship. Unfortunately the Auerbach years don’t count because of Red’s extensive cheating, and the DARK STAIN left on the Celtics from Red’s cheating as coach and GM. What a shame that he even told the world he was cheating all along.

Last edited:

I understand. I’m asking who would you like to replace him. It’s a legit question. DeBoer ,Henning, Mayo, Saban, Ferentz, Harbaugh ect? What are your thoughts ?

One more ponderance. Does anyone know why Bill had the Pats running up the scores in 07? I supported it then and still do but it did seem like they were running up the scores. They scored a ton of points but were especially cruel to the Bills and Redskins. I wonder if there were reasons for that.

Soccer mom says what?

I understand. I’m asking who would you like to replace him. It’s a legit question. DeBoer ,Henning, Mayo, Saban, Ferentz, Harbaugh ect? What are your thoughts ?
It’s a legit question. And one very few have a good answer for. At this point I would be ok with Belichick continuing as head coach, as long as he isn’t running personnel for them. I want Groh and Wolf in charge of the Draft and Free Agency. If Belichick can’t agree to that then let him resign and allow Groh and Wolf to make the decisions on the next head coach. And while I had wanted Mayo to take over I think they really need a great young offense be mind to go with a 1st round QB, so I don’t mind if they make a clean break to an entire new coaching staff and organizational structure. Just as long as Bob and Jonathan aren’t making the football operation decisions.

What kind of weirdo has this much animosity to the guy who coached what was one of the worst franchises in sports to six Super Bowls in 20 years? Like even if you think Brady was responsible for the vast, vast majority of those wins and that the game has passed Belichick by and he deserves to be fired, how could you ever hold this much anger to Bill Belichick. It’s just so bizarre to me.

What kind of weirdo has this much animosity to the guy who coached what was one of the worst franchises in sports to six Super Bowls in 20 years? Like even if you think Brady was responsible for the vast, vast majority of those wins and that the game has passed Belichick by and he deserves to be fired, how could you ever hold this much anger to Bill Belichick. It’s just so bizarre to me.
The media never liked Bill Belichick, just as the media always denigrated any success of the New England Patriots (Nobody even knows how good they were in the AFL from 1961-66).

Local people who consider themselves fans of the team are not able to identify and thus not believe the bull sh*t being propagated locally and nationally for generations now. Neither Sullivan nor Kraft ever directly dealt with it by behaving as a legit iconic legendary team. For all of Kraft's financial success and genuine determination to win, it's astonishing to me how much in common he has with Billy Sullivan in terms of having no franchise self esteem. They'd stop picking on us if we just acted like an adult. No, it's not necessary to sue the league or the media.

Can you imagine a "The Steelers And We" video?

Or the Cowboys putting up a banner for a team that lost?

Among other things right?

In the end, I believe that BB would never run his team to the ground. I think he's doing what he always does. Letting the offense be run by someone he trusts completely while he orchestrates the defense mostly in general and all other the other things. But then comes what everyone knows, has been discussed and still will be.

I love and will always love BB. But it's not rocket science here. He's too old for all of what the NFL is nowadays
Agreed 100%. It's apparent.. that this is the end. He's been legendary, he's a pillar cemented in the NFL. You said it best.. at 72.. I don't believe the NFL is what he always saw it as. Look at what KC did for andy.. drafted a great QB and it rejuvenated him. As great as BB and many others have been as coaches.. you cannot have success without the players.

No coach can survive being 3-14 or 4-13 (presuming that's where the Pats end up). None.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back