PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Super Bowl discussion thread (Poll)

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who will win?

• Queefs

Votes: 25 25.8%
  • Niners

Votes: 38 39.2%
  • Ray Lewis killed a guy

Votes: 34 35.1%

• Total voters
Numbers don't mean much anymore and haven't for awhile. Even in Brady's era it was well known that QB stats were inflated due to rule changes. Marino is like the last guy with impressive stats because he still ranks high up there despite era.
And yet Brady's SB numbers are still better than Mahomes 20 years later.

20240207_170758.jpg

Last edited:
Really good analysis of the "new" Shanahan offense:
As the man himself said, there are so many ways you can change your presentation—personnel, motion, splits, alignment—that there isn’t one immutable characteristic of the offense. It’s not play-action, it’s not pre-snap motion, it’s not condensed formation, it’s not wide zone, it’s not the fullback.

(and Flutie) are the best of their respective eras,
8 years in Canada says he shouldn't be included in your list...

I'd scratch Plunkett from the list as well... seen enough of him to say "not a fan"...

Kermit has improved dramatically in the mental part of the game. He doesn't play hero ball and takes what the defenses give him.
This Chiefs team reminds me a lot of the 2018 Pats. Meh during regular season, cagey vets the know how to win, turn it on in the post season. I am not betting against them.

No way Purdy wins this game. Last big game away from home he didn't even finish.

No way Purdy wins this game. Last big game away from home he didn't even finish.
I have the Chefs winning but I'd love to see a Purdy masterpiece leading the 49ers to a win. Highly doubtful tho

The 49ers should have lost their last two playoff games. Their performance against AFC team this season was beyond pathetic. Every decades needs a dynasty, this feels like a chiefs destiny game. I don't trust Purdy, Mahomes looks like an evolution of Brady, Manning ,Rogers and other greats that came before him. This can only go one way. I'm fully prepared to turn off all chiefs media when this is all over.

Numbers don't mean much anymore and haven't for awhile. Even in Brady's era it was well known that QB stats were inflated due to rule changes. Marino is like the last guy with impressive stats because he still ranks high up there despite era.
2007 Brady and 2004 Manning were beyond impressive and stack up well against what Marino did, the rule didn't really change until the 2010s.

Reminds me that Mahomes plays outdoors in a stadium that can have bad weather, just like Brady did and unlike Manning for most of his career. Makes me more appreciate what he has accomplished.

I remember the first SB win in 2001 that resulted in the 3 Games To Glory video and at the time I jokingly asked everyone on AOL what would happen if they won again. Would it be 3 Games To Glory II or 4 Games To Glory? Never in my wildest dreams did I think that they'd have six of those videos now. Since the Pats haven't been in the SB for a while I haven't watched them but I decided to re-watch them this week. I've gone through four so far and I'll have the others done by game time Sunday.

It was an incredible run. It was so incredible that even if Mahomey wins tomorrow he'll only be halfway to the Pats run and four short of Brady.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back