PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thank you Bill

This forum has devolved into pathetic whining and blame gaming. Its not even worth reading the posts anymore.
î haven't read any contest posts from you to change that

Now the question is did Bill hold back Brady in the last decade? I can think of 2 more rings that Bill torpedoed for his team…because he’s just smarter than everyone else. Everyone knows that. I mean…benching Butler made no sense to everyone except one person but Bill gonna Bill.
I'll give you the flip side imo:

How many other coaches/gms gave their great QB a good-to-great team almost every year of their career together? Payton absolutely sank Brees. Tomlin effed the Rapisst. Dungy massively underachieved with Manning. The biggest loser is how Shula failed Marino, which is quadruple worse since he had no cap restraints back then. There's such a laundry list of "legendary" coaches who managed to stink several seasons in spite of having great QB play.

There's no world in which I don't appreciate BB not wasting a QB like Brady.

Last edited:
This forum has devolved into pathetic whining and blame gaming. Its not even worth reading the posts anymore.

We are 1-4 & we are averaging 11 points per game.

Do you think we should still be
Shaking Pom Poms for the Pats this season?

I am sorry if the truth hurts, but this is a terrible team in 2024

Yes, he was playing special teams in that game. He should've never allowed that midget RB to enter the pile and rip the ball from him when he already had a clear recovery which led to the Refs awarded the ball back to NY.
I remember that that’s up there with the Patrick pass fumble or Champ Bailey picking off Brady in the end zone.

You're just missing a lot of the excellent content by limiting yourself to the Pats forum.

There's a great *********** celebrating the mass destruction of people in the war forum. A carefully curated politically correct memes thread. All the Brady you can handle in the Brady forum.

You just need to branch out a bit.

Yep, Belichick paired with a great QB and in the prime of his powers as a coach and talent evaluator? Legendary results.

Yes. The Pats should've had 6 rings within the first 10 years alone. And the 10 year drought should've never happened. They had no business losing to the Jets in 2010, Giants in 2011, Ravens in 2012, the amateur coaching in 2015, the fireable offense in 2017 and the negligence in 2019. This organization should've had 10 rings.

Also not challenging a clear Pierre Woods fumble recovery which could've changed the game.
Suddenly we have won all those 20 yrs inspite of BB . wow ! The fact that we can count on our fingers the 'gaffes' in 20 yrs shows how good it has been. if BB is complete bum then why didnt manning win with a better offense and similar HC . or sean payton with brees - another offensive minded coach who btw a lot of people want to replace BB.
BB hasnt performed and perhaps its time for a change but to make it sound like we were 20 yrs with cotite as a coach and carried but brady is unreal . Yeah brady played defense in 2001 too..and in 2003 vs manning too.

î haven't read any contest posts from you to change that
You are blaming the whining on the guy who isn’t whining because you think he is supposed to outpost all the whining by himself?

You are blaming the whining on the guy who isn’t whining because you think he is supposed to outpost all the whining by himself?
of course he is whining
and no wrong, you are twisting words
where did i say i expect him to outpost the whining all by himself?
additionally the current status of the team offers little room for positivity or optimisim

That's what happens when the coach and general manager of a team, some of us have been following for 20, 30, 40 plus years, runs the team into the dumpster. it boggles my mind how so many posters in here were whistling past the graveyard last season and even the season before. there were so many warning signs that the objective members were calling out. but the Bill Belichick footy pajama cabal would ban us and call us jet fans for stating the obvious. The team is going down the crapper, and there is no light at the end of this tunnel. So yeah, some of us are pissed off

of course he is whining
and no wrong, you are twisting words
where did i say i expect him to outpost the whining all by himself?
additionally the current status of the team offers little room for positivity or optimisim
You responded to him saying there is too much whining by calling out his lack of content posts.
It’s like blaming the fans for the fans yesterday.

AFTER the present cluster***** is cleared up, there will be ample time to thank Bill for all he has done. Now is the time to deal with Bill's failures to do what must be done. Step one is to relieve Bill asap of all GM responsibilities. If that costs us Bill the HC, so be it.

AFTER the present cluster***** is cleared up, there will be ample time to thank Bill for all he has done. Now is the time to deal with Bill's failures to do what must be done. Step one is to relieve Bill asap of all GM responsibilities. If that costs us Bill the HC, so be it.

It’s time to fire him. Today. There’s no way he can be just the HC and not GM.

It’s time to fire him. Today. There’s no way he can be just the HC and not GM.
I understand this. I would still make the offer - remain HC, but ZERO role in any GM responsibilities - but I fully understand that Bill is unlikely to agree to it. I understand too that Bill might well not play nice with whoever takes over as GM, and I certainly see the risk of hiring a GM who is in even the slightest degree a "friend of Bill." If the result, however we get there, is that if Bill is neither GM nor HC, I am fine with that.

I personallystill think Bill could play a constructive role as HC, or hope he can, though I certainly understand the views of those who feel he is done for in that role as well.

The immediate need is that Bill play no role, essentially from this day forward, in decisions pertaining to rebuilding the team: "GM decisions." Work on that front must begin now.

Today is not the day to thank Bill. Not at all. No one is immune from criticism who is a public figure, makes 20 million per year and has not been meeting expectations.
Save the thank yous for when he leaves.
Criticism does not equal whining…foolish to think so.
This is a forum to discuss the good, the bad and the ugly not spout blind worship
nonsense.
The performance of the team and Bill this year deserves to be panned

Last edited:

MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Back