PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2012 season: the Jets [Mod Edit: STILL] suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delusional ..... Demented ..... Deranged .....

Jets Insider.com Forums

Dreamers
The angry poster

he's angry because he's taken an ice pick and stuck it into his forehead, through the bone and deep into his brain pan...uncontrollable ,raging, mindless anger is a classic symptom of this self inflicted condition...not surprising is the fact that about 98% of the Jet fanbase suffer from the same condition...and remain undiagnosed.

From a very aptly named poster "Dreamers":

Out side of Wes they have 0 talent at WR. We look stacked at WR in comparison. Who is there #2 a 36 37 Branch. Lloyd is a complete joke so don't give me that. I'll take White or Turner over either and they barely make our team right now. Julian Edelman, Jeremy Ebert really not much talent at all. We are in much better shape. Now I do like Edelman but he has been in the league 3 years now and has barely made an impact with NE! If Gaffney couldn't beat out any off that trash why on earth would you think he'd make it here?

Cliffs Note: Jets are STACKED at WR and Lloyd "is a complete joke so don't give me that." Nahh, I won't give you that. OP will take JAGs White and Turner over Lloyd.

See, I was right with him until the bolded, when he threw me for a loop!

Last edited:
From a very aptly named poster "Dreamers":

Cliffs Note: Jets are STACKED at WR and Lloyd "is a complete joke so don't give me that." Nahh, I won't give you that.
That is the link I provided.

That is the link I provided.

So many reasons to LOL at the Jets, so little time... not surprising that there'd be an overlap. It happens.

Dreamers posted he'd take Patrick Turner (yes, that one) over Brandon Lloyd.

That's one of the greatest things I've ever seen on the internet.

For those that like to lurk over at JI, be warned that that rat hole is infested with a trojan horse virus. My Avast antivirus has blocked the site all morning as it's detected the scummy culprit. Or maybe it can just smell the vermin.:D

Isn't that right Rah Rah?

Last edited:
Dreamers posted he'd take Patrick Turner (yes, that one) over Brandon Lloyd.

That's one of the greatest things I've ever seen on the internet.

The Immortal Patrick Turner?.....Wait who the hell is patrick turner? Never heard of him.

Last edited:
It's just the preseason.

Didn't the Lions destroy the Patriots 34-10 in the 3rd preseason game last season? I think the Patriot season was pretty successful last year. Maybe you didn't get the ultimate prize, but you were one of the last two standing.

Look, here is what I think. Defenses have the advantage in preseason for primarily two reasons:

1. Defenses are usually ahead of offenses this early in an NFL season as far as schemes, player development, and knowing each others roles.
  2. Defenses don't have to think as much in the preseason. When the regular season rolls around, they have to think about offensive schemes, reciever alignments, funky formations, and the like. Therefore, they play a step (or two) slower because that's what happens when you make a defensive player think.

The point is this: Offenses are NEVER as bad as they look in the preseason and defenses aren't often as good as they look in the preseason.

So let's not overreact here.

And Yes, this is something I had to tell myself after becoming overly concerned with the Jets offense.

I can argue the other way and say the offenses have the advantages in the preseason:

1. Most of the defenses are vanilla. That means there aren't a lot of disguising of coverages and blitzes. This means the offense's presnap reads are much easier allowing inexperienced offensive players to figure out their route adjustments or blocking assignments much easier.
  2. Being vanilla, there are a lot of teams playing soft zones. This will allow teams to move the ball down the field a lot easier, but the offense stalls in the red zone when the zones tighten up (the Jets anyone).

I also disagree that offenses never look as good in the preseason as the regular season. Last year, the Cards had the top offense in the preseason and the Kyle Orton led Broncos had the 5th ranked offense in the preseason. when the regular season happened, Orton was benched about 5 games into the season and Cards had the 19th ranked offense in the regular season. So there are two teams that clearly played better on offense than they did in the regular season.

Preseason can be deceiving and the Jets' offense could be much better than we have seen, but it also could be worse. I personally think the preseason favors the offense, not the defense. But even then, that is more of a general thing rather than the absolute rule. It all depends on the team and who they are playing.

For your reading pleasure (and kudos to Bedard for tweeting the link):

Why Your Team Sucks 2012: New York Jets

That article is hilarious. If you haven't read it yet do yourself a favor and read it.

It took me a while to consider the comments were part of the spoof too.

"
Eben:
As one of the half dozen or so Jets fans who doesn't walk on all fours, I will concede that when news of the Tebow trade broke, my eyes glazed over and I fantasized briefly about complicated double- and triple-tight end sets and a monstrous multi-pronged running attack. That is until I remembered the names of the other prongs in that running attack.
That said, it is possible that this grand experiment, given the proper coaching and time to allow it to evolve, might come together in an exciting and fantastic way. But this would only succeed in a small market with next to no media, like say, Chicago. But by God it will never happen in the media capital of the world. The first shaky start (and we won't have to wait long, people!) of Mark Sanchez's 2012 campaign and it will be all the newspapers and the Sunday morning shows and the local TV and the radio and the WWL it will be GOOD MORNING BOOMER INTANGIBLES HE'S HAD HIS CHANCE WILDCAT WILDCAT WILCAT I'M JUST SAYING PHYSICAL SPECIMEN KNOWS HOW TO WIN AT THE GAME OF FOOTBALL.
Think of NBC's coverage of Michael Phelps, only Michael Phelps swims like a legless housecat. A field of journalism already void of much intelligent insight will be reduced to zero insight because of all the goddamned noise. Any source of remotely credible news is going to be unreadable or unlistenable. Already the thought of the back page of the Post makes my stomach feel like I've consumed slightly too old deli meats. It is quite possible that the coverage of the Jets will pretty much ruin the sports coverage for everyone over the next 5 months. You can expect your own team's highlights at around minute 22 of SportsCenter. You're welcome, America. Here in New York, I just hope I'm able to find out who is going to be elected our next president before the playoffs begin.
I actually believe that there's going to be some Sundays with some really fun Jets' football to watch. It will be the other six days of the week that will be AWFUL. It is wholly possible the Jets get themselves a winning record and Ryan motivates them through a first round playoffs win. But I won't feel great afterwards, as if I just got out of an erotic shower with Eva Braun."

For those that like to lurk over at JI, be warned that that rat hole is infested with a trojan horse virus. My Avast antivirus has blocked the site all morning.

Yeah, mine too. Maybe they figured out a way to keep the trools out? :confused2:

All stuff we already know, but nonetheless fun to see someone else write it. A couple worthy passages:

"Show us your tits!" Jets fans are the kind of dumbfu(k Long Island steakheads who take special pride in being dumbfu(k Long Island steakheads. When a Jets fan is screaming at your wife to take her top off in front of everyone on the stadium concourse, he is exhibiting a bizarre kind of cultural pride. Jets fans LIKE being the kind of people that menace women, scream racial epithets at nearby Mexicans, and get kicked out of bars for pissing on the jukebox. They're fully aware of just how awful they are, and they take great pleasure in it. They're horrible. I hope every Jets fan loses his day job making sandwiches.

WOODY JOHNSON. Jet fans can only wait for this detached old turd to just die. He has absolutely no interest in winning on the field, there is no evidence AT ALL to support the contrary. If he hadn't been faced with so much resistance, the Jets would have been featured in Hard Knocks two out of the last three yea—-fu(k I hate the Jets more and more as I type this. Woody's idea of bringing out the best in his young QB is to guarantee the 25-year-old MORE money. Then when it comes to paying the only REAL superstar/asset we have on our roster, he chooses to play hardball. If I could give AIDS to one person it'd be Woody Johnson.

All stuff we already know, but nonetheless fun to see someone else write it. A couple worthy passages:

"Show us your tits!" Jets fans are the kind of dumbfu(k Long Island steakheads who take special pride in being dumbfu(k Long Island steakheads. When a Jets fan is screaming at your wife to take her top off in front of everyone on the stadium concourse, he is exhibiting a bizarre kind of cultural pride. Jets fans LIKE being the kind of people that menace women, scream racial epithets at nearby Mexicans, and get kicked out of bars for pissing on the jukebox. They're fully aware of just how awful they are, and they take great pleasure in it. They're horrible. I hope every Jets fan loses his day job making sandwiches.
Classic rant. He describes the mentality of a Rats fan perfectly, they take pride in being obnoxious azz holes. Its they're raison d'être, they're reason they're justification for existence.

Last edited:

Got my vote - best post of the year. The comments section is just priceless. Shut this thread down - this article says it all and makes us look like a bunch of illiterate knuckle draggers.

My favorite from the very end of the comments section:

I love Rex Ryan like a flatulent uncle and if Darrelle Revis spit in my face I'd never shower again, but pretty much every other person involved with this third-rate operation—from the ****heel Tea Party owner to the bean-counter GM to the dip**** players to the walking-afterbirth fans—should be loaded onto a rocket and fired into the sun. I have been a Jets fan my entire life, and when people ask me what team I hate the most, the only honest answer is: the f***ing Jets.

My favorite from the very end of the comments section:

I love Rex Ryan like a flatulent uncle and if Darrelle Revis spit in my face I'd never shower again, but pretty much every other person involved with this third-rate operation—from the ****heel Tea Party owner to the bean-counter GM to the dip**** players to the walking-afterbirth fans—should be loaded onto a rocket and fired into the sun. I have been a Jets fan my entire life, and when people ask me what team I hate the most, the only honest answer is: the f***ing Jets.

Pure poetry.

M4BfD.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes