PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The improved Offensive Line

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I hope no one gets hurt in a motorbike accident or something like that. You guys are being just hypocrytal, a lot of Myra Kraft avatars and then that bull****. Great stuff.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but if you're going to come here and vomit out complete trash expect to be called out. Nothin oh said was even remotely true. I can't tell if you're a troll or just stupid.

Maybe he's both.......a stupid troll ;)

Yes, that is this board. Insults and oblivion for express an opinion.

Meriweather was the gOAT 2 days ago and now is terrible.

Our OLINE is fantastic, just check our last 3 playoff games

You'll have to forgive the harangue by posters (myself included), but as for the our playoff losses, don't forget that the two superbowl teams last year had O-lines that were by no means the best (Packers and Steelers). The teams' strengths were in other areas of their game that compensated for the lack of a stout O-line. The point is that when it comes playoff time, things seemingly magickly come together for the superbowl teams. The problem is that it's sudden death in the playoffs so there's no margin for error, which includes teams coached by the almighty BB. By the end of the season, this team will look different than it does now and will be winning games differently than it did at the start of the season. There's only so much planning that can be done before week 1. A poor showing by an O-line after week 17 misses the fact that it played well for 14 out of 16 regular season games. We don't know how Solder will look at the end of the season especially considering the truncated offseason.

And going back to the point that if Big Ben or Vick had this O-line, that they would have more sacks/hits/hurries...their O-lines are definitely not as good as the Pats. I don't see how a case can be made for this.

As for Solder being bad, he hasn't looked bad to most of our laymens' eyes. I'm not sure how he's compared to other current year first round tackles, but I can't imagine that he's not among the top performers, if not the best.

And as for the point that only Vollmer, Mankins, and Waters could make the O-line of another NFL team, you're singling out Mankins and Vollmer who are considered all-pro caliber players. Obviously you're correct that all-pros would make another team. But didn't we throw Levoir to the curb who was called by a quarter of the league for his services??? And who ended up signing with the Ravens who most consider to have a solid line year-to-year and are one of the primary AFC contenders?

Let's just ask this: Which O-lines in the NFL are significantly better than the Pats? And let's limit the discussion to legitimate playoff contenders. I think the fact that we don't understand the status of each other teams' O-lines distorts our view of our own O-line when comparing ours to the leagues'. For example, I assumed the Ravens would have a solid line, but with their recent signings, that assumption seems incorrect.

Just because we disagree with your assessment doesn't mean we think our O-line is fantastic but it is certainly not bad as you suggest.

Simkin, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Thanks for that. You beat me to it.

I was polite and just give my opinion. Some of you are sooo homers.

You'll have to forgive the harangue by posters (myself included), but as for the our playoff losses, don't forget that the two superbowl teams last year had O-lines that were by no means the best (Packers and Steelers). The teams' strengths were in other areas of their game that compensated for the lack of a stout O-line. The point is that when it comes playoff time, things seemingly magickly come together for the superbowl teams. The problem is that it's sudden death in the playoffs so there's no margin for error, which includes teams coached by the almighty BB. By the end of the season, this team will look different than it does now and will be winning games differently than it did at the start of the season. There's only so much planning that can be done before week 1. A poor showing by an O-line after week 17 misses the fact that it played well for 14 out of 16 regular season games. We don't know how Solder will look at the end of the season especially considering the truncated offseason.

And going back to the point that if Big Ben or Vick had this O-line, that they would have more sacks/hits/hurries...their O-lines are definitely not as good as the Pats. I don't see how a case can be made for this.

As for Solder being bad, he hasn't looked bad to most of our laymens' eyes. I'm not sure how he's compared to other current year first round tackles, but I can't imagine that he's not among the top performers, if not the best.

And as for the point that only Vollmer, Mankins, and Waters could make the O-line of another NFL team, you're singling out Mankins and Vollmer who are considered all-pro caliber players. Obviously you're correct that all-pros would make another team. But didn't we throw Levoir to the curb who was called by a quarter of the league for his services??? And who ended up signing with the Ravens who most consider to have a solid line year-to-year and are one of the primary AFC contenders?

Let's just ask this: Which O-lines in the NFL are significantly better than the Pats? And let's limit the discussion to legitimate playoff contenders. I think the fact that we don't understand the status of each other teams' O-lines distorts our view of our own O-line when comparing ours to the leagues'. For example, I assumed the Ravens would have a solid line, but with their recent signings, that assumption seems incorrect.

Just because we disagree with your assessment doesn't mean we think our O-line is fantastic but it is certainly not bad as you suggest.
Not agree with you but nice reading and I can argue with you no like other who can't say a word about football

Same here. Im fine with what BB does . But let me say that we have an way below average OL.

First team All-Pro at left guard
Second team All-Pro at right tackle
Pro bowler at right guard
Former All-Pro and Pro bowler, still quality player at left tackle
Former Pro bowler at center

It may be the best OL in the NFL, depending upon what Waters and Koppen have left. Calling it way below average is idiotic.

First team All-Pro at left guard
Second team All-Pro at right tackle
Pro bowler at right guard
Former All-Pro and Pro bowler, still quality player at left tackle
Former Pro bowler at center

It may be the best OL in the NFL, depending upon what Waters and Koppen have left. Calling it way below average is idiotic.

Meriweather probowl. Our ast SB we had 2 probowlers , Tom Brady and Richard Seymour

Meriweather probowl. Our ast SB we had 2 probowlers , Tom Brady and Richard Seymour

Get back to me when you can post sensibly. What you've written here is gibberish.

Get back to me when you can post sensibly. What you've written here is gibberish.

His last post was actually more coherent than most of his posts. I can assure you it's not going to get better, and it can, in fact, get much worse.

Might as well ignore now and save yourself some time and headaches later...

I can't imagine how much better it will be next year also...stick in a player with Cannon's abilities at RG (assuming he's fully recovered) and draft a future C to take over when Koppen declines/retires.......Solder will already have had the better part of a season under his belt at LT......

That will be even sweeter than this year's version ! :) :rocker:

Ahh damn! How am I ever going to wash all this stupid off?

I have to say that Solder seems like a DAY1 bust to me. Guy is awful,, is slow, poor tecnique... Only Scar can turn this situation.

And I love Koppen Light and Conolly for the memories and good stuff, but just like Morris did, none of this 9 guys except Vollmer and Mankins and Neal and Waters if healthy can make a NFL team today.

We have the best QB in the game making the best hot reads in the game.

Put Roethisberger, Sanchez, Vick with that OLINE and you will have a season records in terms of sacks and qb hits and hurries
I don't disagree that the offensive line is a concern, and I would not characterize it as the NFL's best, but the examples you use are, well, head-scratchers to put it mildly. In Philadelphia the offensive line is the Achilles Heel to that team; only two teams allowed more QB hits last year, and I seriously doubt Michael Vick will make it through the full season this year; 12 games, which is how many he appeared in last year sounds about right. Roethlisberger is constantly on the run because of the porous line in front of him; it has been a few years since the Steelers had a good o-line.

NFL Stats: Offensive Line - NFL.com

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | 2010 OFFENSIVE LINES

Yes, the offensive line is a concern, but relative to the rest of the league, it's really not that bad at all in my opinion.

If that's representative of most of our opinions, then you should probably keep them to yourself.

do we know why waters was unsigned until today?

And I love Koppen Light and Conolly for the memories and good stuff, but just like Morris did, none of this 9 guys except Vollmer and Mankins and Neal and Waters if healthy can make a NFL team today.

It is not an opinion, it is a fact that Neal is retired.

Honestly I think people would welcome more of your opinions if they were better researched and articulated. A random opinion without data to back it up is pretty worthless imo.

Last edited:
It is not an opinion, it is a fact that Neal is retired.

Honestly I think people would welcome more of your opinions if they were better researched and articulated. A random opinion without data to back it up is pretty worthless imo.

I agree. At least try to know who's on the roster, or was at least in training camp. And then he/she throws gas on the fire by calling anyone who disagrees a homer? Nice.

Last edited:

Meriweather was the gOAT 2 days ago and now is terrible.

Our OLINE is fantastic, just check our last 3 playoff games

They're just having fun with you.

I happen to agree with you about Stephen Neal and am hoping for a big season from Bruce Armstrong too.

I fail to see the logic in calling someone a homer when you make a blanket statement about an offensive linemen taken in the first round of a draft who hasn't taken a live snap in a regular season NFL match.

Red Forman sums it up best;

Red_Forman_you_dumb_ass.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back