PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Broncos POST game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if there was a shoutout for Spikes in this thread, but for the third straight game he created a critical turnover. It was his hit on McGahee that dislodged the ball for that costly fumble.

Re: Chandler Jones being held a lot

I don't know what, but SOMETHING needs to give. My dad and I were screaming at the TV a couple of times - he's getting mauled out there and not getting the calls. Dunno why, but it's kinda BS. He REALLY got raped by Oher in the BAL game, and it's a trend that just keeps going on...

Lets see if it becomes the norm. This was another poorly officiated game, so lets see if that's not the beginning and end of it. Right now the treatment of Gronk by the officials is more concerning; it seems like every game he's effed with all over the field and never gets a flag. The flag against in this game was just salt in the wound... defender commits clear illegal contact and then a hold, but somehow Gronk is flagged... (homer glasses may be strong)

Don't know if there was a shoutout for Spikes in this thread, but for the third straight game he created a critical turnover. It was his hit on McGahee that dislodged the ball for that costly fumble.
I thought so too, but in the review it was clearly Ninko.

He put the fear of God in McGahee for him to try to hide the ball, but that put the ball right at where Ninko's wrap caused a fumble. He help make a play from reputation.

1--How refreshing to see a running game. Ridley is decisive, he finds the right holes, and he fights for those extra yards. Bolden too is a beast. This is not a fluke, they are for real. We have a running game, people! It's on!
2--McCourty needs to look for a ball every now and then. They teach you that in pee-wee leagues, no? He acts like he is in a footrace rather than a football game.
3--WTF was that mismanaged crap at the end of the first half? Beautiful 99 yard drive to the 5, and we just crapped our pants at the end. Poorly executed, coached, or what?
4--Our no huddle was a thing of beauty. Just...wow.
5--Welker is the MAN.
6--Amazing third down conversions.
7--Brady saw too many phantoms out there. That was weird. The defense clearly had him rattled.
8--We got to see the Manning face. :singing: Manning is still one of the greats. Good to see him healthy, we won't see many more seasons of these two fighting like this. I used to hate him, now I sort of like him and root for him when not playing us.
9--Too many plays where we told the defense what we were doing. On 4th down down, at least pretend you might run the ball. Or at least give Brady some damned protection. Wow. WTF.
10--Our defense is really working at stripping the ball, great to see it paying off.

Last edited:
Anybody see this?

Welker on 13 catches: 'Nice to stick it in Bill's face'

CSNNE's Mike Felger asked Welker how it felt to come out and grab 13 balls on Sunday compared to just the three receptions he had in Week 1.

"Yeah it's kind of nice to stick it in Bill's face once in a while," Welker said with a smile and wink. "So this is definitely a good one."

Didn't see the show (Felger; no thanks), but sure hope BB sees the humor.

I don't think the defense played that bad, besides completion %, Manning put up the same numbers against the "best" team in the league.(Texans).

I hate seeing the Felgerazation of the fan base, very disappointing.

Thought the offense was playing to the score after they went up 24.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

Anybody see this?

Welker on 13 catches: 'Nice to stick it in Bill's face'

Didn't see the show (Felger; no thanks), but sure hope BB sees the humor.

Well we will see if BB has a sense of humor? Anyone remember WW feet comments prior to playing the Jets? Let hope we dont see punitive damage to WW and Ridley in the Seahawk game. Hope Bill's ego dont get the best of him for the teams sake. Yoday was a great win time too build on it!

Could you please show me where I said that the secondary couldn't be improved upon??

I wasn't accusing you of saying that. Calm down, Napoleon. :rolleyes:

Ok after reading the forums for some time I decided to post a few things.

1) Pats won, after all that is the most important thing. Of course there were a few things that shouldn't happen (McCourty being burned, the 4th & 5 etc ...) but it is the regular season and do you guys remember 2010? They wiped the floor with the Jets and they beat them @ Foxborough. Maybe if they hadn't looked as good against them as they did in the regular season, they would have won that game. It's October and I rather see them struggeling in some aspects right now than in the play offs.

2) Pats are so damn talented. It's not even funny anymore just how talented they are on BOTH sides. They beat the Broncos, Bills and should've won with an injured Hernandez and not 100% Gronk against the Ravens and Arizona. That's how good we are that even though they had a "bad" game they were playing on par with 2 of the best teams in the nfl according to the stats. Just imagine how good they will be with those 2 @ 100% and the new found running game. The D is so much improved. Chandler Jones and Hightower made a huge impact on this D along with the improved Kyle Love. We kept some great running teams pretty quiet and when they aren't held the DE's look like they can generate a pass rush. Do you remember how much we wanted to see a pass rush? Give the front 7 some credit how good they played in this first 5 games.

3) The secondary isn't as bad as it seems. Of course sometimes they are frustrating as hell but at least we aren't dead last anymore and seem to have some talent that can improve! Dennard looked great and was a projected 1-2 round pick. Ras-I is still a big ? and McCourty had a great game against one of the best receivers in the NFL , Fitzgerald. Chung dissapoints me way more but Wilson looks like a solid option. Of course there is much space for improvement but just remember how bad the secondary was last year.

All in all, just enjoy a win against an old nemesis. Maybe the best offense since 2007 personnel wise, a much improved front 7 and a sub par secondary, looks on paper like a damn good team :D

where the hell have YOU been?????...we need more YOU and less of these azzoles...

chicken-little.jpg

1--How refreshing to see a running game. Ridley is decisive, he finds the right holes, and he fights for those extra yards. Bolden too is a beast. This is not a fluke, they are for real. We have a running game, people! It's on!
2--McCourty needs to look for a ball every now and then. They teach you that in pee-wee leagues, no? He acts like he is in a footrace rather than a football game.
3--WTF was that mismanaged crap at the end of the first half? Beautiful 99 yard drive to the 5, and we just crapped our pants at the end. Poorly executed, coached, or what?
5--Welker is the MAN.
7--Brady saw too many phantoms out there. That was weird. The defense clearly had him rattled.
8--We got to see the Manning face. :singing: Manning is still one of the greats. Good to see him healthy, we won't see many more seasons of these two fighting like this. I used to hate him, now I sort of like him and root for him when not playing us.
9--Too many plays where we told the defense what we were doing. On 4th down down, at least pretend you might run the ball. Or at least give Brady some damned protection. Wow. WTF.
10--Our defense is really working at stripping the ball, great to see it paying off.

Good stuff. Felt the same on all points!

Can't. The rats would pick him up instantly.

The Rats would probably be better off if they "laundered" their young players through the Pats. Let the Pats play them for a year and then return them to the Rats. That way the Rats would know who their good players are, because they clearly have shown no ability to evaluate talent on their own.

Was it just me or was Chung out of position on a number of plays?

I don't claim to be a football scientist but when your safety is upfield of the corner something might be wrong.

I remember a game when Rodney Harrison played CB, Ty Law played S, and Peyton Manning completed as many passes to Ty as he did to Marvin Harrison.

Anyone else get that sick feeling when the score went to 31-14?

What happens with Ridley now? Do they bench him next week a la SB 46? Can Bolden take over for him if need be?

Dennard and Wilson looked good. I liked what I saw from them.

I certainly would hope that Ridley wouldn't get benched for that fumble, they wouldn't have won without him, but to answer the question of if Bolden could take over....

I'll just say that that last run getting the first down and then staying in bounds to allow the Pats to kill the clock was a "big boy play".

And to think after a year I took you off ignore??? Goodbye!

There's something so completely silly about adult males (presumably) who are such delicate flowers that they cannot even stand to read the words of someone who disagrees with them on the internet.

Man the **** up, dude. Words can't hurt you. I've even learned some **** from people I've argued with on the internet.

bench Ridley?????????????????? did you watch the game????????????????

Ridley's ball security in the 4th quarter could use some tweaking...you have to be some kind of total anal retentive whack job nutboy to call for Ridley's benching...newsflash,a whole slew of Patriot players made mistakes in the game today...they do every game...but, no, go friggin' beserk on Ridlet because another good player on another team made a play...krist, this whining is ridiculous...THEY WON THE GAME!!@!!!!

There's something so completely silly about adult males (presumably) who are such delicate flowers that they cannot even stand to read the words of someone who disagrees with them on the internet.

Man the **** up, dude. Words can't hurt you. I've even learned some **** from people I've argued with on the internet.

I hear you, but thats why the ignore button is available. I have 1 poster in my ignore penalty box. How bout you?

Ok after reading the forums for some time I decided to post a few things.

1) Pats won, after all that is the most important thing. Of course there were a few things that shouldn't happen (McCourty being burned, the 4th & 5 etc ...) but it is the regular season and do you guys remember 2010? They wiped the floor with the Jets and they beat them @ Foxborough. Maybe if they hadn't looked as good against them as they did in the regular season, they would have won that game. It's October and I rather see them struggeling in some aspects right now than in the play offs.

2) Pats are so damn talented. It's not even funny anymore just how talented they are on BOTH sides. They beat the Broncos, Bills and should've won with an injured Hernandez and not 100% Gronk against the Ravens and Arizona. That's how good we are that even though they had a "bad" game they were playing on par with 2 of the best teams in the nfl according to the stats. Just imagine how good they will be with those 2 @ 100% and the new found running game. The D is so much improved. Chandler Jones and Hightower made a huge impact on this D along with the improved Kyle Love. We kept some great running teams pretty quiet and when they aren't held the DE's look like they can generate a pass rush. Do you remember how much we wanted to see a pass rush? Give the front 7 some credit how good they played in this first 5 games.

3) The secondary isn't as bad as it seems. Of course sometimes they are frustrating as hell but at least we aren't dead last anymore and seem to have some talent that can improve! Dennard looked great and was a projected 1-2 round pick. Ras-I is still a big ? and McCourty had a great game against one of the best receivers in the NFL , Fitzgerald. Chung dissapoints me way more but Wilson looks like a solid option. Of course there is much space for improvement but just remember how bad the secondary was last year.

All in all, just enjoy a win against an old nemesis. Maybe the best offense since 2007 personnel wise, a much improved front 7 and a sub par secondary, looks on paper like a damn good team :D

Great 1st post. Look forward to more.

Re: Chandler Jones being held a lot

Lets see if it becomes the norm. This was another poorly officiated game, so lets see if that's not the beginning and end of it. Right now the treatment of Gronk by the officials is more concerning; it seems like every game he's effed with all over the field and never gets a flag. The flag against in this game was just salt in the wound... defender commits clear illegal contact and then a hold, but somehow Gronk is flagged... (homer glasses may be strong)

I was trying to figure that one out as well. All I saw was Gronk lift his left arm over Mike Adams head as Adams cut to Gronk's left and Gronk cut right.. I didn't see any contact by Gronk's arm into Adams head as the announcers proclaimed.

2--McCourty needs to look for a ball every now and then. They teach you that in pee-wee leagues, no? He acts like he is in a footrace rather than a football game. nYou and others need to watch the games better. McCourty got his head around on all but 2 passes today. The first led to the PI in the endzone. The second was the one where he was the trailer to the over-the-top safety on Thomas.
3--WTF was that mismanaged crap at the end of the first half? Beautiful 99 yard drive to the 5, and we just crapped our pants at the end. Poorly executed, coached, or what? The Pats didn't mis-manage anything. The Broncos executed better and knocked the Pats back on 3rd down after the Pats got to the 1 yard line. Not sure why the Pats didn't call for a Brady sneak there.
5--Welker is the MAN.

9. I agree with you whole heartedly. That was my ONLY qualm with that play call. It should have been a max protect, possibly play action pass. Not the 5 wide set they went with..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick