PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Uncle Heatster 3-Round draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
G. Tate might be smart, I'll take your word on that. But of more concern is his route running ability. He just doesn't seem to have a wide variety of routes. And his physicality and willingness to go over the middle are also questionable. So I question whether he's worth a 1st round pick.

However, Tate needs to do a better job in the Red Zone. His footwork needs more polish and he is not the most physical wide out prospect. He tends to shy away from contact, and his route running also needs more development.

Golden Tate Scouting Report - 2010 NFL Draft Prospect

I think in the 2nd round, he might be worth the gamble, but is he really ready to step into this offense and make a contribution right away compared to other WRs in this draft who have more polished route running skills?

Yeah, Tate's route running is not as crisp as I would like. He'll have to work on that. And I'm not labeling him a first round prospect. I never have. But he is a good second round value. As for your top criticisms (besides route running), the same can be said for Randy Moss (not physical, etc.).

Dryheat.... great mock, as usual. I compared your top 15 picks to mine and they were pretty much identical. I do see Bulaga dropping past the Bills, as they take a flyer on Jimmy Clausen. Bulaga screams bust at left tackle (a la Robert Gallery) and I don't think anyone should take a risk on him any earlier than the Packers pick in the first round (a la Michael Oher's drop last year). The Bills can get a left tackle in the second with better measureables than Bulaga and more upside as well.

Agreed on the trade of 22 with CJ Spiller on the board. The value to trade down will be high and the Pats reap the benefits on the back end, while forfeiting the opportunity to find their future star at RB. Question is, if the Texas go with CB instead of RB, the Chargers might wait for either one of them to drop into their laps. So then, who will have interest in Spiller at 22 if both Matthews and Spiller are on the board? Lions or do they let Best drop to them at the top of the second?

Wow.. I didn't realize that the Pats were without Kevin Faulk and Julian Edelman on the offensive side of the Ball. Or Randy Moss for that matter.

As usual, Triple has to exaggerate and blow things out of proportion. He forgets that the Patriots didn't have ANY realy playmakers other than FAULK on the 2001 team.

Randy Moss is a legitamite playmaker on this team, I wouldnt call Edleman a playmaker yet but Im not going to argue that he isnt because he could be considered one. Im surprised that you consider Faulk a playmakers. Dont confuse clutch for playmaker, Kevin Faulk isnt going to take it to the house from outside the 20 anymore and he certainly isnt getting any younger. With Randy's ability to disappear from time to time, a big play threat out of the backfield would be a great addition to this team.

As usual, DaBruinz has forgotten that this isnt 2001 anymore and we dont have that kind of defense. The Steelers won the Superbowl 2 years ago on the back of the defense and a big play from Santonio Holmes. IMO being labeled a playmaker comes from the consistent ability to make big plays and Holmes made big plays throughout the playoffs that year. Hopefully Moss can produce that type of consistency throughout the playoffs next season if we make it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST