PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Three Days until the Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait to see Vjax play on sunday for the patriots.. oh wait Deus was wrong about all those reports he was taking as fact.

Can't wait to see Vjax play on sunday for the patriots.. oh wait Deus was wrong about all those reports he was taking as fact.

It's amusing to watch you deliberately twist what was actually said and posted. I never once took it as fact that Jackson was going anywhere.

Maybe. But right now he's a backup with cap hits of $6M this year and $7M next. He'd better be very, very good, for that price.

Mayo - You keep forgetting that the Pats would only be responsible for 9/17 of Langford's salary for the remainder of this year. Which would be a tad over $3M. Next year's number would be $6M, not $7M because only the team who gave him the signing bonus is responsible for that number.

So the Pats added Jonathan Casillas and a 6th rounder for a 5th round pick..

He's another OLB type.. Too small to play MLB for the Pats at 223..

So the Pats added Jonathan Casillas and a 6th rounder for a 5th round pick..

He's another OLB type.. Too small to play MLB for the Pats at 223..
Underwhelming is the only word I can think of right now.

If you are underwhelmed, doesn't that speak more about your expectations than anything else?

A bit surprised that we gave up a 5th, even if we're getting a 6th back in the deal.

In the end though, I guess it really doesn't matter. BB addressed the LB depth and took a hit of 1 round apiece with Ayers/Casillas. Glad we addressed the position.

If you are underwhelmed, doesn't that speak more about your expectations than anything else?
No. The Patriots had a real opportunity to significantly improve their squad at a reasonable cost. For one reason or another, they didn't go down that path.

Tuck or Blount would be awesome

Blount is hardly getting any carries in Pittsburgh

Or, Mark Barron could be our yearly steal from Tampa

I am surprised that so many felt that Belichick would welcome LeGarrette Blount back on the team, only months from his decision to pass on re-signing him. That never made a bit of sense to me, personally.

A bit surprised that we gave up a 5th, even if we're getting a 6th back in the deal.

In the end though, I guess it really doesn't matter. BB addressed the LB depth and took a hit of 1 round apiece with Ayers/Casillas. Glad we addressed the position.

Assuming NE is 28th and 5 comp picks after each round (starting after round 3), that puts their 5th rounder at #166. Assuming Tampa selects 5th, that makes their 6th rounder #180. Draft value charts put that 15 spot drop as a 5 point decline (from 25 to 20), which is basically equivalent to a mid 7th.

I am surprised that so many felt that Belichick would welcome LeGarrette Blount back on the team, only months from his decision to pass on re-signing him. That never made a bit of sense to me, personally.

Ditto. That was a head scratcher.

Last edited:

Bill couldn't afford to give up a 3rd for either Jackson or Barron. He couldn't take the risk of missing out on the next Jake Bequette.

Edit: And BelichickFan bleeds from his privates over a joke once again.

Last edited:
No. The Patriots had a real opportunity to significantly improve their squad at a reasonable cost. For one reason or another, they didn't go down that path.
So who would you have liked? I mean Barron for example hasn't been that good so far, and Chung is playing pretty well this year.

Chung is playing pretty well this year.

People keep saying this. It continues to be misleading at best, and blatantly false at worst.

So who would you have liked? I mean Barron for example hasn't been that good so far, and Chung is playing pretty well this year.
Leading into the season, I was of the opinion that the Defensive Line needed to be improved and Linebacker was shallow. I liked the acquisition of Ayers, I'm unsure what Casillas will bring to the table but still see a significant issue at DE.

As for players, I was in the V-Jax boat (I didn't mind if they didn't bring him in but it would have been an over the top move) and the linemen that came up late. Langford definitely piqued my interest but then again, I was/am of the opinion that releasing Tommy Kelly wasn't a good move.

Leading into the season, I was of the opinion that the Defensive Line needed to be improved and Linebacker was shallow. I liked the acquisition of Ayers, I'm unsure what Casillas will bring to the table but still see a significant issue at DE.

As for players, I was in the V-Jax boat (I didn't mind if they didn't bring him in but it would have been an over the top move) and the linemen that came up late. Langford definitely piqued my interest but then again, I was/am of the opinion that releasing Tommy Kelly wasn't a good move.

All understandable, if not reasonable given the likely cost (either trade or $).

Even so, I don't see why anyone would be disappointed not to add to an obviously thin LB corps, particularly when it is a unique body type with supposedly decent coverage ability.

All understandable, if not reasonable given the likely cost (either trade or $).

Even so, I don't see why anyone would be disappointed not to add to an obviously thin LB corps, particularly when it is a unique body type with supposedly decent coverage ability.
I'll be honest and say I knew a little about Ayers before the Patriots traded for him (thus my like for the move) but very little about Casillas. I'm going to chat with my Saints supporting friends to learn a little more about him but right now, I can't help but feel underwhelmed that it's just a body for the rotation.

Let's hope it's another one of BB's uncovered gems and Casillas realizes whatever potential it is that he has in New England.

Geez, the Rams got Barron cheap - 4th and a 6th.

How do you know that the Patriots had a real opportunity to significantly improve their squad at a reasonable cost? Please show me the proof (aka - Emails/Voice recordings of the offers they turned down).
Seriously. You're making a ton of assumptions, Ausbacker and have nothing but conjecture to base it on.

Tommy Kelly asked for his release because he felt that Belichick wouldn't give him the playing time to meet the requirements for his new contract. Clearly he didn't trust Belichick for whatever reason. Keeping him would have made him an issue in the locker-room in all likelihood. Particularly if he wasn't giving it his all.

Yes, I'd have liked them to get Langford, but it would seem that the Rams decided to go for it and not trade Langford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes