PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Time to think ahead to 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the OP was being a little heavy-handed. One of the other posters mentioned that the Pats will win at home on Wild Card Weekend and then loose on the road to Indy or Denver...Like last year. He's on to something.

If you wanted to compare baseball to football (like many of us New Englanders are wont to do) then 1 football game = 18 baseball games. So the equivalent of 36 baseball games have gone by. Is this Pats team trending upwards or downwards? Yes, they did take a huge step forward in MN but took two even bigger steps backward at home.

Sure, Tom (who's in the middle of having his worst season IMO) and BB have time to turn it around but the season's half over. When are the WR's going to get on the same page as TB? I saw a lot of missed routes by that group this afternoon (not to mention Gabriel putting the ball on the ground)...as well as broken coverages in the secondary.

The Pats have to be very smart this off season. Pick up a shut down corner, an elite WR and get some youth at LB.

I don't want to be pessimistic but based on what you saw the last two weeks (AT HOME!), can you honestly say the Pats are going to make a run at the SB?

pats-blue said:
Didn't you say that if the Pats kept losing you were going to stop being a Pats fan? Well they lost two in a row...time for you to go root for your real team and get the hell off this board.

This board is getting full of Jackyasses. EVERYTIME the Pats lose a game it isn't "boy they sucked" and comment on bad play it is all "the season is over" bull****. EVERYTIME. Of course it is trolls like Jacky that relish whenever the Pats do lose so they can come here with thier doom and gloom.

Hey there is no problem with pointing how Brady is throwing bad passes and things, but the "season is over" while we are leading the division still by a game and a half is ******ED!!!

I guess it depends on your goals for the season. If your season was to win the division, no, the season is not over. If you are looking at the big picture and thought Super Bowl, forget it. This team cannot win a Super Bowl this year. For me, this puts the season as a complete failure. Seeing no chance at a Bowl now, I am unfortunately going to call this season over and a disaster. I guess I expected too much out of this team.

Jacky Roberts said:
As mindnumbingly upset and disappointed as I am about this game, I'm more upset at the fact that this team mailed in an effort after the Indy loss. It tells me this team is mentally weak and has no chance at a Super Bowl. You would have to have serious brain damage to still think this team has a shot at a championship. This team's window has closed and its time to think about the future.

You obviously weren't around in 2001 when a much less talented team was 5-5 and ended up winning the Super Bowl.

Jacky Roberts said:
I guess it depends on your goals for the season. If your season was to win the division, no, the season is not over. If you are looking at the big picture and thought Super Bowl, forget it. This team cannot win a Super Bowl this year. For me, this puts the season as a complete failure. Seeing no chance at a Bowl now, I am unfortunately going to call this season over and a disaster. I guess I expected too much out of this team.

Mr Steinbrenner???

pats-blue said:
Didn't you say that if the Pats kept losing you were going to stop being a Pats fan? Well they lost two in a row...time for you to go root for your real team and get the hell off this board.

This board is getting full of Jackyasses. EVERYTIME the Pats lose a game it isn't "boy they sucked" and comment on bad play it is all "the season is over" bull****. EVERYTIME. Of course it is trolls like Jacky that relish whenever the Pats do lose so they can come here with thier doom and gloom.

Hey there is no problem with pointing how Brady is throwing bad passes and things, but the "season is over" while we are leading the division still by a game and a half is ******ED!!![/quo]

Last edited:
Jacky Roberts said:

I think this team CAN win a Superbowl this year. Do I think it will? No. But can it? I believe so.

Can we beat Indianapolis? After seeing us go down by one score last week I say yes. Could we beat Denver, with a decent performance? I say yes.

There is luck in football, and there are narrow margins between victory and defeat in the NFL. We're one of a number of teams that COULD win it all this year.

The second seed is still within reach. Denver has a killer schedule ahead of them and Baltimore has not looked impressive. The ACF West is gonna beat up on each other.

The pats have a bunch of hurt players that hopefully will be back soon.

I am shocked we lost today. The Pats played poorly in some areas - QB, 3rd down defense and holding on to the football.

Now to the horror of losing to a divisional opponent coached by your fomer DC.

We are 6-3.

The Ravens win 27-26 after a big deficit in the first half and they win because of a FG deflection...to the Titans!

The Chargers come back from a huge deficit to beat an imploding Bengals team on the road in a shootout.

The mighty Colts beat the Bills by a point...At home!

And don't look now but the Broncos are losing to Oakland in the 3rd quarter.

Oh my god we are doomed.

Just a couple of questions for a few of you:

1. Do you expect to go 14-2 every year?
2. Do you think the Pats will rattle off 21 in a row consistently?
3. Do you watch a lot of NFL games throughout the year to see that every team has down week's and no team plays like the October or 03 to October of 04 Pats?

Look back through history it will tell you. Don't expect this team to play that great week in and week out it is unrealistic. I think a few of the bandwagon jumpers who didn't truly love football before February of 2001 need to learn the game. I say that with some hesitation because I know how great the sports fans of NE are. We love all of our teams, but how many games have the Celtics sold out since the early 90's, the Bruins? The only team that seems to get a pass is the Sox.

How many Sox players left after the World Series? And how many people were killing the management?

This team is very good and talent wise better than all of the SuperBowl teams, it just isn't producing like them at this point.

It makes me wonder, if you were to ask a Steeler fan which team he would want next season, either the 15-1 2004 team or the 10-6 2005 team, which one do you think he/she would say?

:confused:

Typical moronic Jacky Roberts thread.

He did it in March, too, after the "defections."

Coincidence? I think not.

pats1 said:
Typical moronic Jacky Roberts thread.

He did it in March, too, after the "defections."

Coincidence? I think not.

Sadly, I was right back in March. This team has lost too much and is going down the tubes and Brady has been exposed quite a bit. Hey, it couldn't last forever and it was fun while it lasted.

Jacky Roberts said:
Sadly, I was right back in March. This team has lost too much and is going down the tubes and Brady has been exposed quite a bit. Hey, it couldn't last forever and it was fun while it lasted.

Did I miss something? We're not even at Thanksgiving (and we know how BB teams play after it) and this season (at least in Jacky Robert's twisted world) is already in the past tense?

Jacky Roberts said:

Yeah but when you are the Jackyass that stated the Patriots season was doomed BEFORE THEY EVEN PLAYED A GAME...right here on this board....you have no credibility.....and well pretty much proves what kind of "fan" you are. Your thinking is moronic. You claim to be a life long Patriot fan yet you can't seem to remember how almost every Patriot season has gone during this TROPHY RICH run we have had. NOt sure why you post here except to rile up real Patriot fans since your real team must be some real losers since they have a fan like you and your mentality....must be a faider fan huh?

Last edited:
Jacky Roberts said:

Well then please go root for your next team. I hear the Saints might even be better next year. There's a good team for you.

Jacky Roberts said:

You were bull**** in March and you are bull**** now.

I do hope that you now hook on with another favorite team.

This is ridiculous.

The talent is still there on both sides of the ball. We need better coaching and execution.

If the playoffs started tomorrow, would we be Super Bowl bound? Probably not. But we are only half a season in.

If we can get hot and peak in the playoffs, get our injured players back, get Brady and McDaniels to remove their heads from each other's azses, then we've still got a shot. See 2001 for how this can happen.

Willie55 said:
You obviously weren't around in 2001 when a much less talented team was 5-5 and ended up winning the Super Bowl.

I agree with Willie. I think we're looking pretty good right now.

I never expected a 14-2 season this year. My preseason prediction was 11-5 and that still looks about right. Didn't expect a loss to the Jets, but I didn't expect a win over Cincy either. It balances out.

Are we ready for a playoff run? Hell no, but they don't start for a couple months, so there is plenty of time to right the ship. Am I concerned? Of course. I still don't have much faith in the receivers, though even Caldwell is looking better. Just don't expect any yards-after-catch.

Seems to be a lot of moaning about Brady today. He's the LAST person to worry about. The DBs are weak, ST coverage is a problem, OL showed today that pass blocking needs work, coaching has been poor the past two weeks. Yeah, we've got issues. But I still like our chances in the playoffs.

I've noticed we have more than our share of pessimistic posters on this board - and thats fine, those guys are entitled to an opinion.

But everyone should realise by now that Jacky 'Oh so cool' Roberts is possibly the most obvious undercover troll we have had on this board in a long time.

Always negative, always with the calm rationalisations about how the season is finished for a 6-3 team leading their division.

The only question you shpud be asking yourself is ; what team does this guy really root for?

For some reason i've always thought Pittsburgh - although a Indystar regular might not be too far from the truth - an attempted payback for ManningsArmy maybe?

What a waste of space this guy is.

NM

Jacky Roberts said:
As mindnumbingly upset and disappointed as I am about this game, I'm more upset at the fact that this team mailed in an effort after the Indy loss. It tells me this team is mentally weak and has no chance at a Super Bowl. You would have to have serious brain damage to still think this team has a shot at a championship. This team's window has closed and its time to think about the future.

If you believe this team operates on the type of "window and rebuilding" philosophy that others do, you're THOROUGHLY mistaken. The Patriots simply do not create for themselves a "window" where they try to win championships by burning through their checkbooks signing big-name players. On the same token, they don't have firesales to get rid of all those overpaid guys, then build through the draft in a period of "rebuilding."

This team CONSISTENTLY COMPETES FOR CHAMPIONSHIPS. That's right in the scouting manual. They CONSTANTLY build through the draft. They are CONSTANTLY frugal.

If you believe this team has lost its "window," I don't know what to say.

Even after such a grim game, I'm absolutely disgusted by some of the posting here.

Jacky Roberts said:
Now that this season is for all practical purposes over, Belichick and Pioli have some serious decisions t make. Do they sign Graham? Do they make a big play for a WR? They still make make the playoffs, but they are one and done in the playoffs if they can win the division.

Two draft picks, Seattle's in mid 20s and Pats in late teens, early 20's, should help fix the glaring holes in this team for the future. They've got to get some defense, especially DBs and LBs in this draft. The good news is the draft looks deep at both positions.

Since this team won't be in Miami in February, maybe it woudn't be the worst thing in the world for this team to miss the playoffs, hope for a Seattle collapse, and get two rather strong picks. I guess we'll have to see what happens.

Have a nice trip.

Don't hurry back, this bandwagon was getting heavy anyway.:scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes