PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Titans to release TE Daniel Graham

Status
Not open for further replies.
He also said some not-very-nice things about the Patriots while he was in Denver, I doubt he would want to come back and I sure-as-hell wouldn't want him back.

I liked Graham when he was here, but I think his time in the NFL is coming to a close. I'd be surprised if any team signs him to be honest. And if some team does...it's due to an injury or as a TC body.

As for coming back to the Patriots...that ship sailed years and years ago. What can Daniel Graham bring to this team that Gronk, Hernandez, and Fells can't bring? Nothing.

Good career. Won some SuperBowls with us, had a decent time in Denver....but I think he's pretty much at the end at this point.

Perfect backup for Gronk.

Doubt he wants that role.

We've been looking for bodies at TE just to get through OTAs, minicamp and TC at this point, so wouldn't surprise to see him back as a warm body/camp fodder. I wouldn't see him, or really Scaife, having a real shot at being on that 53 - with Hernandez, Gronk, Fells being our 3TEs if and when healthy.

Last edited:
Another guy made to look better than he is by a great quarterback and organization.

Gronkowski, Hernandez, Fells, Scaife, Herman....and now you think the Pats should think about adding Graham?

You're makin' my point! And you forgot to mention Silvestro.

Exactly why the Patriots might consider him. If they are taking a shot on Scaife, who clearly showed up out of shape, and three undrafted free agents, they need some depth.

As of last week, Gronkowski, Hernandez, Fells, and Herman were injured. If those top three were healthy, Graham would not be a good fit. But it's exactly the risk of health to those three that has sent the Patriots on a scavenger hunt.

Graham is [was] closer to Yeatman and Smith than those three starters - but a pure blocker might be what they need. Solder won't be playing that role. Fells is not noted for power blocking. Graham, even if you complained about his ability to stretch a field or quickly get open, had the nastiest blocks I remember. His wham blocks over the center hole were devastating.

I have no idea what kind of shape he is in. Could he compete with Scaife, Silvestro, and the udfa-of-the-day? I'd guess he could.

If we are serious about keep ing 4 TEs, he is well ahead of Scaife in my book.
If the 4th is camp fodder, no need to bring Graham in.

If we are serious about keep ing 4 TEs, he is well ahead of Scaife in my book.
If the 4th is camp fodder, no need to bring Graham in.
I bet they are thinking about 4 TEs. If Graham still has his blocking skills then he'd be a good back up for Gronk, while Fells or Scaif would back up Herandez.

That would mean keeping just 4 WRs plus Slater. The Pats would keep Lloyd, Gaffney, Edelman and either Stallworth or Branch, with the the loser of that battle being told to stay in shape and wait for an injury.

BTW- I don't remember Graham leaving here on bad terms. IIRC he left because the Broncos made him one of the highest paid TE's in the league at that time as well as giving him the chance to play in his hometown

Perfect backup for Gronk.

Doubt he wants that role.

Graham is a perfect backup for Gronk?!! The only backups I can imagine have the names Sherman, Abrams, and/or Panzer.

Last edited:
Good blocking TE. The Tits' (running game) won't be as firm without him.

I bet they are thinking about 4 TEs. If Graham still has his blocking skills then he'd be a good back up for Gronk, while Fells or Scaif would back up Herandez.

That would mean keeping just 4 WRs plus Slater. The Pats would keep Lloyd, Gaffney, Edelman and either Stallworth or Branch, with the the loser of that battle being told to stay in shape and wait for an injury.

BTW- I don't remember Graham leaving here on bad terms. IIRC he left because the Broncos made him one of the highest paid TE's in the league at that time as well as giving him the chance to play in his hometown

One minor point: if the Pats went with 4 WR (5 if you include Slater) then the unit would consist of Welker, Lloyd, Gaffney, Slater plus one of the rest (Branch, Stallworth, Edelman, Ebert, Holley, Roark).

I haven't followed Graham recently, but if he's still a good blocker this would've been awesome last season. This year though you already have Fells and Scaife. Sucks that there seems to be so many more solid options available this year when there was a gaping hole at TE3 last year.

Titans seem to fail when signing a former Patriots receiver....first WR Givens,A washed up Randy Moss and now TE Graham

Last edited:
Titans seem to fail when signing a former Patriots receiver....first WR Givens,A washed up Randy Moss and now TE Graham

Well everyone seems to do bad with former Pats and big deals. Branch, Givens, Graham, Asante (Philly been trying to get rid of him for about a year now).

Only exception I can think of is Seymour in Oakland who's played pretty well. Jury's still out on Cassel.

Graham is a perfect backup for Gronk?!! The only backups I can imagine have the names Sherman, Abrams, and/or Panzer.

I'd rather have Jake Ballard. :rocker:

Well everyone seems to do bad with former Pats and big deals. Branch, Givens, Graham, Asante (Philly been trying to get rid of him for about a year now).

Only exception I can think of is Seymour in Oakland who's played pretty well. Jury's still out on Cassel.

I think Vinatieri has had the most success after leaving the Pats if you consider another ring to his fingers as a team member of another team.

I think Vinatieri has had the most success after leaving the Pats if you consider another ring to his fingers as a team member of another team.

Yeah Vinatieri did fine. I guess with Kickers you really can't go wrong. But most of these guys seem to be system players who benefitted from playing under BB or with Brady.

Are you cutting Welker?
Also, Fells can back up Gronk, he is more than an oversized WR, more of a typical TE.

I can see keeping 4 true WRs plus Slater, since Hernandez can be considered a WR, or at least take the place of one due to our scheme compared to traditional 1 TE offenses.
Those would be Welker, Lloyd, Gaffney and Branch, since all will be needed on offense.
Edelman would only make team as a special teamer (in any scenario really) so he isn't competing for a WR spot but competing against the group fighting for the last few spots regardless of position.

I don't remember Graham leaving on bad terms either, but some fans think the act of leaving equals bad terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes