PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TNF Green Poops vs. Brown Poops Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good thing you're not the Jets.

I'm sure you do.
tenor.gif

I'm ok with the 10 second runoff. I'm not ok with them starting the clock again. Either start the clock again or give a 10 second runoff. Not both.

This. And if it’s the last play of the game, you shouldnt end the game because of an automatic run off due to review. I think it happened to the Lions last year when a guy rolled into the end zone but on review was touched at the one yard line. Lions would have had time to line up and kill the clock but instead the game was ended. They should put 0:00 on the clock like if there’s a defensive holding penalty as time expires. There may be a few times it backfires (like if there’s only a few seconds left), but at in my opinion worth the trade off.

This. And if it’s the last play of the game, you shouldnt end the game because of an automatic run off due to review. I think it happened to the Lions last year when a guy rolled into the end zone but on review was touched at the one yard line. Lions would have had time to line up and kill the clock but instead the game was ended. They should put 0:00 on the clock like if there’s a defensive holding penalty as time expires. There may be a few times it backfires (like if there’s only a few seconds left), but at in my opinion worth the trade off.
10 second run off without the clock moving is fair. Not that it would have made any difference in this game but I think that's how it should be.

Would it surprise you that I'm happy with his performances?

I could go through the details of those numbers, but no sense really. I'm sure most NE area folks are smart enough to know the situation.
He’s not been good thus far by any stretch of the imagination but he’s still a rookie and there is still a chance for improvement. I just see a lot of the same traits he’s regressing back to that got him into some trouble at USC. The Jets did him zero favors by throwing him to the wolves against the kind of defenses he’s playing in the first few weeks behind that OL.

No doubt. How can they be so bad with that many number ones?

Coaching would be the number one guess.

Have they addressed the O line at all with these high picks?

Probably not. Lol, it’s like they want to lose

What’s most laughsble about those numbers is it you take away the 8 shortest throws of his 17 completions he still only averages less than 12 yards per completion.

He didn’t look too good did he? In my opinion, he will be slightly above average after he plays two years. During his first two, he will be below average

All I know is if I were the Jets, I'd sure rather have Mayfield.
They probably would rather have Mayfield too, at least I ass-ume that's why they made the trade-up in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
Back