PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tomlinson says Jets locker room 'as bad as I've ever been around'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next year Rex will get the team back in line. I hear he's going to bring in some beer and fried chicken* for halftimes. :)

(*Terry Francona reference, nothing racial intended)

Next year Rex will get the team back in line. I hear he's going to bring in some beer and fried chicken* for halftimes. :)

(*Terry Francona reference, nothing racial intended)

I am white and I love beer and fried chicken!!

Just watced this, and Mr Classy throws everyone under the bus.

The part I found the funniest was they asked him why the Jets changed their philopsophy from run to pass, saying they focussed on the passing game in the offseason. First that is wrong, they resigned Holmes and replace Edwards with a cheap player and kept the entire running game in tact.
Mr Classy of course jumped on the chance to blame philosophy instead of the reality that they sucked running the ball so had to throw more. But here was the best part. He says '2 consecutive AFCCG.If it ain't broke don't fix it'. As if it was 2 straight SB Championships. I have never seen a team so proud of getting kind of close that they act like it was the greatest accomplishment in the history of the league.

You're flat out wrong. Straight out of week 1 they signaled their intentions to pass more. The issue is and always has been Sanchez getting over that hump...they wanted to ask more of their QB, and as a team they didn't deliver. It's not entirely on Sanchez as his O Line wasn't spectacular either, but there were numerous occasions where he looked like a deer in the headlights when asked to carry the team on his won shoulders.

On the contrary, when they got back to running the football and doing what they had done best over the previous two seasons, that's when you saw them go on their winning streak before we ended it.

That (and this) Ravens team is similar to the Jets. Very little professionalism and huge egos.

There is a difference between loud mouth players (heck we even have one) and loud mouth coaches.

Rex Ryan is a players coach, a protege of Brian Billick, which pretty much means that we Ravens fans were just counting the days until he completely lost control of the locker room. I'm glad he didn't end up as the HC in Baltimore. I'm predicting a couple of 5-11 seasons for them and Rex will be a coordinator again somewhere.

If Rex goes 5 - 11 next year that's all he's going to get in NYC. He's lucky they are not running him out of town right now.

Interesting....

Reading the threads on this in Jets forums, this interview seems to have served as a tipping point for a fair number of Jets fans.

Yeah, because for some reason, I can't fathom, they think Tomlison's a leader. Oh well.... Better luck next decade YETS fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes