Troy Brown Will Be O.C. For The American Squad At Senior Bowl

FortressX

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
o_O
I would guess this means he is staying.
I hope not.

In addition to the head coach appointees, the following coaches were selected as coordinators for the American and National squads:

American

Offensive Coordinator — Patriots receivers coach Troy Brown

I saw this, would be awkward to fire him now.

Am I missing something on this board lately? People keep making massive leaps with every bit of news that comes out. Mac was at Mayo's press conference, so obviously he's their starter next year! Troy Brown is guest coaching a college all star game, therefore he's definitely back coaching with the Patriots next year! I feel like people are bridging connections that I'm just not seeing.

Maybe he can move to the scouting department, get some info on Bo Nix and Michael Penix.

Could this be Bill instead of the Patriots? Maybe Bill wants Troy to do this because he plans on taking him where he goes?

Could this be Bill instead of the Patriots? Maybe Bill wants Troy to do this because he plans on taking him where he goes?
Yeah, if the Pats don't keep him then Bill will take him. Bill might even hire him away from NE with a promotion.

Has Troy ever called a game as OC before? Maybe during preseason?

See Troy kicked around on this board more than he should, not confident he is worth this disdain.. he does what he is told to do in the scheme of the Offensive Coordinator.. was he responsible for developing DeMario Douglas??

See Troy kicked around on this board more than he should, not confident he is worth this disdain.. he does what he is told to do in the scheme of the Offensive Coordinator.. was he responsible for developing DeMario Douglas??
Did he develop at all, or was he the same guy in preseason? I didn't notice any specific improvement in Douglas' game throughout the course of the year. It was just a hell of a gem draft pick.

Routes, splits and route depth. That's his job, that's the basic **** he's supposed to coach, and it's just a mess on the field. That's not even mentioning things like technique and leverage, which are also a mess. He's been Thornton's coach for three years, and he's actually gotten worse. Even vets like Parker, Schuster and Bourne seemed lost on the field way too often - and it seemed like every completed pass was a herculean athletic effort by the receiver, rather than scheme, or technique, or leverage. A good portion of that is on O'Brien. Some of it is clearly on the quarterbacks. But a non-insignificant portion falls on Troy Brown, and it sucks to say because he's probably top 3 in my all-time favorite Patriots. It doesn't matter what play you call, when the receivers just run whatever, because they have no coaching or direction on route depth or leverage.

Am I missing something on this board lately? People keep making massive leaps with every bit of news that comes out. Mac was at Mayo's press conference, so obviously he's their starter next year! Troy Brown is guest coaching a college all star game, therefore he's definitely back coaching with the Patriots next year! I feel like people are bridging connections that I'm just not seeing.
No, reports are that Kraft loves Corky Jones and believes in him like he did with Bledsoe. Corky is a good BS artist too telling everyone that he won big at Bama and that he can do it again here. Kraft wants to develop another relationship with young Corky like he had with Brady who was like a Son to Bob Kraft.

Dont be shocked when the Pats draft a WR @ #3 and Corky is suited up as QB 1 in 2024.

No, reports are that Kraft loves Corky Jones and believes in him like he did with Bledsoe. Corky is a good BS artist too telling everyone that he won big at Bama and that he can do it again here. Kraft wants to develop another relationship with young Corky like he had with Brady who was like a Son to Bob Kraft.

Dont be shocked when the Pats draft a WR @ #3 and Corky is suited up as QB 1 in 2024.
This is exactly the scenario I see playing out. I hope I'm wrong.

Did he develop at all, or was he the same guy in preseason? I didn't notice any specific improvement in Douglas' game throughout the course of the year. It was just a hell of a gem draft pick.

Routes, splits and route depth. That's his job, that's the basic **** he's supposed to coach, and it's just a mess on the field. That's not even mentioning things like technique and leverage, which are also a mess. He's been Thornton's coach for three years, and he's actually gotten worse. Even vets like Parker, Schuster and Bourne seemed lost on the field way too often - and it seemed like every completed pass was a herculean athletic effort by the receiver, rather than scheme, or technique, or leverage. A good portion of that is on O'Brien. Some of it is clearly on the quarterbacks. But a non-insignificant portion falls on Troy Brown, and it sucks to say because he's probably top 3 in my all-time favorite Patriots. It doesn't matter what play you call, when the receivers just run whatever, because they have no coaching or direction on route depth or leverage.
With our woeful QB sitz would anything have made a difference?? Many passes were simply crap, no matter who the receiver was it often took a herculean effort to catch many of the balls thrown.. FYI there were co-wr coaches last year, Ross Douglas & Troy.
Also noticed that often after an errant pass Jones/Zappe was indicating the wrong route was run, that is on the WR.

@Jim Beankie you did say Troy Brown had something to do with us Drafting Pop Douglas I love it.

IF Troy Brown is behind us Drafting our First Good WR in what seems like Forever he's a keeper. IF I'm a young Position Coach I ain't going anywhere where with two years left maybe BB. That would not be a smart decision career wise OCBOB went back to the College game what does that tell you?

It's a pretty safe bet that Troy Brown is doing this under the Patriots auspices. Ergo, he will be coaching with New England next season. :(

TB80 was Pop's head coach in the Shrine Bowl practices (didn't play in the game), and he's been coaching him since then.

See 0:52

As for the 2nd part of your post, I have conflicting thoughts in my head, as there were so many times when the QBs (mostly Mac) didn't see wide open guys or there was an opposite play on the phrase "throw guys open" - there were clear "throw guys covered" type of passes where initially wide open turned into a contested catch. However, there were also times when there were routes run where I was thinking, is that Troy or BOB's design that just sucked - or what the heck was the WR thinking there like Zap's INT where Reagor didn't do what he was supposed to do? I support TB80... but I'm incredibly biased.

I guess I'm watching the Senior Bowl practices/game.. Was gonna take this offseason off because of how soul sucking this past season was.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back