PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Two Games-2nd Half-Opponent Gassed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

italia44

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
This is the second wk in a row,that the Pats and their 45 man roster have made the opponent look gassed in the 2nd half.

All those mid-level draft choices are looking pretty good,right now.To do that,in the heat of Miami,and against the best team in football,was impressive.

Dane Fletcher,Deadrick,Crable,Zoltan......are you kidding me?........NOPE!:rocker:

In football, youth is not wasted on the young. :D

This is the second wk in a row,that the Pats and their 45 man roster have made the opponent look gassed in the 2nd half.

All those mid-level draft choices are looking pretty good,right now.To do that,in the heat of Miami,and against the best team in football,was impressive.

Dane Fletcher,Deadrick,Crable,Zoltan......are you kidding me?........NOPE!:rocker:
I don't think either team was "Gassed". Miami was a once in a lifetime type game with everything that happend. It was more about their mistakes then being gassed. Baltimore today was just a slugfest. I don't think they were anymore gassed then we were.

But it sure is nice to see the pats come out and respond after halftime.

both jamie dukes on tom waddle seem to credit the ravens tiring after 3 road games and pats fresh after a bye to be a huge factor in the win

both jamie dukes on tom waddle seem to credit the ravens tiring after 3 road games and pats fresh after a bye to be a huge factor in the win

I'll take that ;)

Wait the Patriots playing second half football? You can't be serious :D

Especially after the first drive, and to a lesser extent after the first half I feared that it would be the defense of the Pats that would be gassed at the end of the game; I was very pleased to be incorrect with that prognostication. I think the Pats did a good job of moving the ball laterally and outside the numbers, away from the Ravens strength and advantage in the middle of the field.

Last edited:
I don't think either team was "Gassed". Miami was a once in a lifetime type game with everything that happend. It was more about their mistakes then being gassed. Baltimore today was just a slugfest. I don't think they were anymore gassed then we were.

But it sure is nice to see the pats come out and respond after halftime.

You are wrong about Miami. We went on big clock eating drives in the first half that just left them hammered.

Berman said the same, as I already posted. Then Tom Jackson of all people corrected him and said it was BB, then actually ballwashed the hoodie, and demonstrated how BB had schemed it into the game.

How gassed was the Ravens' defense in OT?

Whether gassed or not, it's nice to be the team who comes back late in games rather than the team that gets come back upon as was the case the past year or so.

I agree Miami was not a wearing down process, it was repeatedly capitalizing on weaknesses after which the game got out of hand for Miami. Given the relative youth on Baltimore's D and O, I am not sure success on either side of the ball was attributable to wearing down rather than simply executing when it mattered.

What I have been impressed with this year, in contrast to last, is finishing strong rather than starting strong and shifting to neutral in the second half. How many times last year did you feel like the Pats had the ability to win but tripped at the finish line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back