PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ty Warren Cut ! Crumpler, Kaczur, TBC, Stroud cut too

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the field, it translates into pass rushing over run defense, presuming Warren would have gotten into fighting shape.

But why take on a difficult attitude and personality issue when you have someone already without that baggage?

It never occurred to me that one should replace the other.

EEI just reported that TY tweeted that he was released because the Patriots told him that they are changing the defense...or something like that...at work...I have to type quickly:)

I'm going to repost this because I think people are missing it:

Twitter

I just saw that...how does that make sense? I doubt we have the OLBs for a full-time 4-3. And I don't see Bill dumping over 30 years of defensive experience for one player. Either way...I'm confused by the Warren cut. The others make sense.

I just saw that...how does that make sense? I doubt we have the OLBs for a full-time 4-3. And I don't see Bill dumping over 30 years of defensive experience for one player. Either way...I'm confused by the Warren cut. The others make sense.

I think our LBs are pretty well suited to a 4-3.

Warren gone for good.

Bet you we have another major FA defensive signing later today.

I to am confused w/ Warren decision

Crump- ahaha no way I am glad BB acted so quickly:) this is PERSONAL b/c of the relentless flak I took:cool:

Last edited:
But why take on a difficult attitude and personality issue when you have someone already without that baggage?

It never occurred to me that one should replace the other.

Maybe they feel younger players like Brace and Deaderick are better run-stuffing options at this point then Warren, and they wanted to add a guy who had some proficiency at pass rushing.

I have no idea. This decision has me completely baffled.

I'm just going to assume there is something grand going on in PatsLand that those on the outside will not comprehend until the time is right.

Price reporting Warren interested in going to Dallas

We need our practice field reporters to tell us what formations the D is lining up in .... :p

I just hope he don't go to the Jets.
@kguregian: Didn't sound like Warren was returning at a reduced rate. Was looking forward to "wearing a contending NFL" uniform

You may be confusing the direction of the causation. BB might not be changing the defense because of Haynesworth, but acquiring Haynesworth because he wants to switch to the 4-3. Perhaps he feels that direction fits the modern NFL better, I don't know. Just spitballing here.

I was hoping that Crumpler would make it. While there is some cap savings, I'm wondering if it was more the injury. I'm wondering if Ty Warren is still not healthy. Could we be seeing G. Warren back?

I think our LBs are pretty well suited to a 4-3.

Hmm...for the Mike, we'd have Mayo/Spikes. Does that mean Guyton would move to the weakside, while somebody like Fletcher takes the strongside?

I can't see Cunningham/Moore being anything except DEs. And I think we'd have wayyy too many DTs and too few DEs, even with the cutting of Warren.

Hmm...for the Mike, we'd have Mayo/Spikes. Does that mean Guyton would move to the weakside, while somebody like Fletcher takes the strongside?

I can't see Cunningham/Moore being anything except DEs. And I think we'd have wayyy too many DTs and too few DEs, even with the cutting of Warren.

Spikes to SLB in my opinion

The whole "we're moving in a different direction" is pretty much what everyone is told when they're fired...

...but perhaps something big is in the works afterall. And we thought this free agency would be boring. Instead of being uninvolved, we're in the thick of things.

Spikes to SLB in my opinion

And I would say Ninko would make a decent weak side, from my very limited understanding of the position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST