PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

uh-oh Dwayne Allen finds offense very hard to learn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biffins

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Dwayne Allen admits learning Patriots offense is ‘extremely hard’

Dwayne Allen finds Pats offense extremely hard and complicated etc etc blah blah. This is starting to sound like Chad Ochocinco and Joey Galloway and countless others who flunk the exam. We have rookies that come who manage to pick it up. Seems like some vets are set in their ways and just can't change and re-learn. I hope this isn't the canary in the coal mine for a disappointing season for Allen.

Allen will have plenty of time to learn also he will be the last option on any pass play. I heard he's an excellent Blocker that's where his value lies. Allen is going to be so wide open on Playaction all he has to do is catch the Football.

Last edited:
At least he's lasted longer than Reggie Wayne, our last ex-Dolt. He decided to retire because it was "too hard" and not fun here. Shocking coincidence. If Gronk goes down, it doesn't appear that there will be anyone close to Marty Bennett to replace him. I know James O'Shaughnessy and he's no Marty Bennett.

He's not lying. That O is brutal to learn

I think it was nitwit Fauria who likened it to being dropped into a foreign country and you need to start a new job with people that don't know English.

Allen strikes me as an intelligent, hard-working, well-spoken, thoughtful young man. Unlike the other failures, at least he's aware of the challenge and understands the scope and level of effort of what he is required to learn to be successful.

I think he'll get there and will be fine.

Last edited:
Where can I buy Adidas gear??? All of a sudden have an uncontrollable urge for all things Adidas..

With all this post midlife poundage I'm definitely making my own wave or waves.

I hope it clicks. He has the potential to add a great deal to this team.

Having said that - for some reason, some players never get it while others seem to transition easily. If TB can't trust that Allen is doing his part, he won't last.

Not really, not if you read the entire article. Those other guys sounded confused when they talked about it. This guy sounds appreciative.
I agree. He said all the right things. Plus, TEs have a harder time than receivers if they're expected to do everything a TE can do (that is, not just block and run up the seam). TE has one of the broadest scopes of any skill position on the team. If Gronk is injured, Allen could see the field on almost every snap and be expected to line up all across the LOS. It's a lot to know.

Sometimes it helps to read the whole article
“It is hard but also stimulating and very exciting,” Allen said. “It is one of those things that where you pray for something so long, and when it comes, you can’t cry because it’s harder than you thought it was going to be.

“You have to accept that and be grateful for it.”

That always concerns me when guys come out and say that. It's almost like a defense mechanism. They announce that, then when they get cut, it's always, that's a very tough offense to learn. Yet I didn't hear that from Cooks, Hogan (last year), Mitchell (last year), and several rookies this year.

Ocho Tres

Give the guy a tiny break, he's played at Clemson and then with the dolts, two offenses that are "just go out and get open".

I like Brady's quote about how it's as easy as it's ever been for him and he "has the answers to the test now."

Shows how much of the game is mental and how much of being a great QB is that too, and not just because you're an accurate passer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe