PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Very sad news: RIP Joker

Number One Horror GIF by lilcozynostril
Really?

Dark, low-brow, way too soon.

And, yet, I laughed my ass off! Joker would approve.

I'm up to 10 miles of walking every day and pescatarian (I lie, I got some turkey breast last week. But pretty close to it.) Know what? When they call your number, they call your number. RIP Joker, at least you don't have to f**** around not eating shrimp for 10 more years :D

RIP Joker. Going to miss seeing him around these parts.

I appreciate this Joker post far more now then I did at the time…

On a side note…listening to all the Joker stories…it would be cool to have meet-ups around the US and elsewhere for game day. I’m partial to Patriots bars myself. We’ll pop one in honor of Joker.
On a side note to your side note...
..that was a pretty good thread

Tonight, I was at Raglan Road in Orlando and raised a glass to Joker. As I said, this is a kick in the gut.

I forget if it was late 2019 or early 2020, I was up North dealing with Aunt's estate and Joe and I wanted to meet up during the week at Gillette. I remember setting it up. When the day came, I showed. He didn't because he'd gotten sick.

I've been on the board since close to it's inception and we've had many great posters. On more than one occasion, got one of Joker's versions of an "Atta-boy". There were others that we disagreed and left it at that. He let you know where you stood. If he respected you, you knew it.

He's going to be missed.

Oh no. Such sad news.
I loved his posts. A few years ago I had a spare ticket to a Pats game… and I reached out to him and asked if he wanted to go, so we did. A day or two before the game he was on one of his rants … classic Joker…and as much as I enjoyed reading them I suddenly realized, hey, I’m using friends tickets and I don’t want them to get revoked… so I sent him a DM and tried tactfully doing a little due diligence… lol…and it took him all of about 2 seconds to figure it out and he said, don’t worry, the seats aren’t at risk, I’m crazy but not paint my **** silver and flash the cheerleaders crazy… lol .
We went and had a great time. He rooted for the Pats pretty much just like he posted, for the record. But he was nobody’s fool and had true intelligence and could talk knowledgeably about many things. We both liked the Talking Heads and the Sox (sorry, @Tunescribe ) and a whole range of things. I still have a bunch of his DMs in my inbox and they still crack me up.
Truly sad news but his spirit will live on.

Joker was one of a kind. I didn't get many of his references, so not only was a always a good, entertaining laugh, his posts actually brough some interesting stuff to learn about

RIP Jeff.

Last edited:
Thank you tune for the loving write up and thank you joker for the laughs.

Seeing his posts would often make me laugh and seeing his thumbnail made a thread feel like home.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back