PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We need a poll – Would you sign DeSean Jackson if you ran the Patriots?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you sign DeSean Jackson if you ran the Patriots?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess you haven't been following the Pats much?

Ya know, like Bob Kraft's story told countless times about how he used to bring his sons to the game and how he was so proud to be able to buy the team and preserve the tradition and make the games a more family friendly experience?

And how all of that got blown sky high due to one person, Aaron Hernandez?

Ya know, the one guy who caused Kraft to have to speak to as ‘One Of Saddest Things In My Tenure Of Ownership’?

There's no way DJax becomes a Patriot. The NJ.com article is not speculation, it names names and gives dates and places and shows photos. Enough of it can be independently corroborated to make DJax someone the Krafts won't hire.

Yes, clearly I don't follow the Pats much. That's why I have ~17,000 posts here. Anyway, before your next smug, self-righteous rant, you might want to read the title of the thread in question.

The question posed was would *you* sign Jackson, not if you think the Pats would, so your little rant is completely irrelevant to this thread.

Randy Moss was a much better clubhouse person than DJ yet Brady & Belichick finally got tired of the bandwidth he required maintaining his diva personality from sulking. And being late for team meetings is a big no-no on the Patriots TEAM.

I think it was less "they finally got tired of it" and more "he stopped being good enough to warrant it"

I think it was less "they finally got tired of it" and more "he stopped being good enough to warrant it"

Yes.
Too much effort & loss of needed game focus for too little return on that season's Moss.

No way and the alleged gang affiliations aren't the primary factor. To steal Ron Borges' favorite line, this guy has more red flags than what marched in Moscow's May Day parade. Whether he is gang affiliated or not, he is a locker room cancer.

Take away the gang stuff for a minute. This is a guy who blows off team meetings to hang with friends and even got suspended for it. The second he signed a new deal, he was already complaining he was under paid. Not once, but twice (once in college and once in the Pros) did he give up an easy TD because he was so concerned with showing up the other team that he dropped the ball before he crossed the goal line. Speaking of that, he constantly tries to show off the other team by falling into the end zone to taunt the other team (which Belichick hates).

I personally think he is a bad scheme fit since he is not a route runner and I wonder if he is smart enough to do presnap adjustments.

I am not looking just as the gang stuff. There is a lot more to disqualify Jackson from being a Patriot.

There's something fishy when a team straight out cuts a player, especially a player like DJ after his best season as a pro.

Either DJ is that big of a problem, and that deep into the whole gang thing, or Chip Kelly, who I like alot, is really that big of an egomaniac and thinks its all his system ( which is something I wouldn't completely rule out)

With that, being associated with gangs, and flashing the crips sign at opposing players during a game just doesn't smell right to me. The kid as got some growing up to do.

After Hernandez the slightest sniff - even if it is probably slander - of gang activity is a PR problem, potentially of epic proportions.

The worst case scenario is he comes here, kills two people, and Bob Kraft's brand is forever tarnished.

The Best case scenario, 10 undefeated seasons and ten SB wins.

The chance at the best case is not worth explaining how they did not know despite being told.

BTW, F! the contour ad that has audio despite me turning it off EVERY FRICKEN TIME. I have stuff I'm listening to - like the 4th and two podcast.

Thanks for the ad so I now know what I'll NEVER buy!

Gang stuff is a non factor in Do Not Want. So what if one or more bangers are associated with a company he owns? Bob Kraft owns a company that hired a serial killer. Kids from certain socio-economic inner city neighborhoods are bound to know folks who chose the gang life style. One of the Prisoner's problems is that his team was within easy driving distance of his homies. Maybe we can rationalize that had he played for a West coast team he may have somehow not gone the awful route. Probably not, given what we hear of his Florida escapades. Many NFL players and folks in other walks of life have gone on to live decent lives despite knowing and growing up with bangers. For example, I know fnord yet I did not turn out to be a prevert.

No chance. I think these days, athletes get a lot more leeway than they should as the powers that be are willing to overlook a lot in order to have a better chance at winning. This is not a shot at all athletes, but the select few. Face it, if the prisoner was somehow found guilty of a lesser charge and out in 4 years (but it was a given that he was guilty of killing someone not in self-defense), teams would be lining up to sign him.

I think it would be epicly awesome if DSJ went totally unsigned for the duration of his career. Might show the select few that there are consequences and they are not immune. If you mess up bad enough, it is lights out for your career, just like for us "normal" folk.

/rant.

No chance. I think these days, athletes get a lot more leeway than they should as the powers that be are willing to overlook a lot in order to have a better chance at winning. This is not a shot at all athletes, but the select few. Face it, if the prisoner was somehow found guilty of a lesser charge and out in 4 years (but it was a given that he was guilty of killing someone not in self-defense), teams would be lining up to sign him.

I think it would be epicly awesome if DSJ went totally unsigned for the duration of his career. Might show the select few that there are consequences and they are not immune. If you mess up bad enough, it is lights out for your career, just like for us "normal" folk.

/rant.

So if a childhood friend of yours was charged with murder and ultimately acquitted--a murder that you had no connection to whatsoever, as confirmed by the police--you think it would be 'normal' and 'epicly awesome' for your entire industry to blackball you, no matter how good you are at your job?

Seriously?

If you're among the very best in the world at what you do, you get some leeway. If you're a JAG, you don't. That's true for most industries, including football.

From the article I read yesterday, it was more recent and he was in the room when it went down. Kind of different from the scenario you are portraying, no?

From the article I read yesterday, it was more recent and he was in the room when it went down. Kind of different from the scenario you are portraying, no?

Link? Last I heard, the LAPD came right out and said that he wasn't involved in the two murders that the NJ.com article listed, and that his gang ties were nothing unusual, pretty standard for guys coming out of that part of Long Beach.

mobile.philly.com/sports/eagles/?wss=/philly/sports/eagles&id=252987801

"It's kind of like 'Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon,' " LAPD Homicide Det. Chris Barling told the Daily News yesterday.

"When people grow up in neighborhoods where you have gang involvement, you don't have to look too far before you find a connection to a connection," he said.

No no no. Any type of gang ties eliminates the possibility. We are fortunate to have a great organization that didn't torpedo when our star gang banger iced someone.

Most players have gang related ties. Where did most of them grow up in? Bad neighborhoods? Think about it. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
Back