PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Weaponize the offense"

Make offers to brown and Williams at WR, that would really help this offense. Currently Thornton, Douglas KB, juju, reagor, boutee* are the WR Corp. The only way I see us getting a tier 1 guy is by trade at this point. However brown and Williams would be nice players to have right now.
Brown maybe but Williams feels like a 1 year sandpit.

How about the 49ers....hmmm
They just lost the Super Bowl. And they're going to be in trouble when their WR's need to get paid. It's great that they can go deep into the playoffs with average QB's but it's not a sustainable model long term. Having a Top 10 QB is the best way to sustain success in the League even in today's game.

They just lost the Super Bowl. And they're going to be in trouble when their WR's need to get paid. It's great that they can go deep into the playoffs with average QB's but it's not a sustainable model long term. Having a Top 10 QB is the best way to sustain success in the League even in today's game.
49ers played a great season. Bad coaching in the clutch. Your perception of a winning football team is off. They did it with a qb who was the LAST pick in the draft. B.F.D. qb in first round. We never won with one either...

49ers played a great season. Bad coaching in the clutch. Your perception of a winning football team is off. They did it with a qb who was the LAST pick in the draft. B.F.D. qb in first round. We never won with one either...
Okay, so that means they have a great supporting cast which they're going to have to pay at some point. They winningest QB of the last 5+ years has been a first round pick. The vast majority of really successful QB's in that time frame have been first rounders.

How about the 49ers....hmmm
The first move the 49ers did was trading for Jimmy G. They built the roster after that for HIM. When it didn’t work out with him in the end they had a roster ready to get a new QB but the first move they made was to get a QB.

When was the last time 3 legitimate QBs came out of the first round?

I do not like the idea that we're picking 3 and still getting the third QB off the board. Whoever it is.

I’m not a big fan of Mayfield, and I’m off to work in a minute after 3 days with a nasty flu, so others will likely have to the research on this, but the 2018 draft had Mayfield, Allen, and Jackson in the first round.

By your logic teams should only draft a QB if they have either the first pick overall, or top 2. And for some unknown reason that just doesn’t make any sense at all to me. Maybe they should just stop using a QB altogether, as you can find any good ones.

Here is the bottom line, if you think there is a franchise caliber QB there where you are picking them you take them. If not you go to plan B, then plan C, and right on down the line. And if you are too afraid to pick a QB just because other teams have ****ed it up in the past then you should probably get out of football, move to Canada, and take up Curling, where every stone has an equal chance of winning. In other words you have to take chances to become great, as Belichick did with Tom Brady, and if the goal isn’t to be great then WTF are you even doing it for?

Weaponize. What do you do before you go to battle? Get WEAPONS! I'm sick of the Patriot way the last couple of years. Tell you what, draft in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd round 3 Wide Recievers! That my friend is Weaponize..We can get the General Qb later. Rebuild!! Rebuild...Rebuild. Make it happen Mayo. PLAY TIME IS OVER! Some fans like me would love it!

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!

The Patriots clearly had the Quarterback advantage over the rest of the NFL with Cam Newton and Mac Jones, they just lacked THE WEAPONS!!!!! Don’t use Quaterbacks, just go 6 wide on every play! WEAPONIZE !!!!!!

Okay, so that means they have a great supporting cast which they're going to have to pay at some point. They winningest QB of the last 5+ years has been a first round pick. The vast majority of really successful QB's in that time frame have been first rounders.

Salsalife apparently missed them going to the Super Bowl with Drew Bledsoe.

I’m not a big fan of Mayfield, and I’m off to work in a minute after 3 days with a nasty flu, so others will likely have to the research on this, but the 2018 draft had Mayfield, Allen, and Jackson in the first round.

By your logic teams should only draft a QB if they have either the first pick overall, or top 2. And for some unknown reason that just doesn’t make any sense at all to me. Maybe they should just stop using a QB altogether, as you can find any good ones.

Here is the bottom line, if you think there is a franchise caliber QB there where you are picking them you take them. If not you go to plan B, then plan C, and right on down the line. And if you are too afraid to pick a QB just because other teams have ****ed it up in the past then you should probably get out of football, move to Canada, and take up Curling, where every stone has an equal chance of winning. In other words you have to take chances to become great, as Belichick did with Tom Brady, and if the goal isn’t to be great then WTF are you even doing it for?

No. My theory is, were potentially using our number 3 pick on the number 3 QB instead of literally the number one best prospect in ANY other position.

Logically speaking. The two best QBs are already off the board by time we even pick ours. Awfully similar to how we ended up with Mac.

They’ve done nothing as of yet to justify taking a QB at. Literally no LT on the team or a legitimate WR 1. If they go into the draft with neither one of those holes fill, no point in taking a QB at 3, headed for disaster as they did with Mac.
They don't have to start the qb

I don't get that comparison at all. Brad Stevens has managed to overhaul half the team with new players. He also started in a much better place than Wolf has with the Pats. The Pats are more comparable to the Red Socks right now except the Pats are actually trying to improve their team. The Socks are not.
Without Tatum and brown they would not have foundational pieces. Foundational pieces bring other players. We don't have foundational pieces right now

No. My theory is, were potentially using our number 3 pick on the number 3 QB instead of literally the number one best prospect in ANY other position.

Logically speaking. The two best QBs are already off the board by time we even pick ours. Awfully similar to how we ended up with Mac.
QB is the most important position on the field. Why not take a guy projected to be Top 3 at that position?

Without Tatum and brown they would not have foundational pieces. Foundational pieces bring other players. We don't have foundational pieces right now
I know Mayo has a good reputation in general around the league but if he's got guys running through walls for him (this remains to be seen) that could also bring in talent. Right now he's a big ? at coach.

And that guy will never have as close of an impact as the QB.

By your logic the chargers should just have passed over Herbert because he was the 3rd guy in his class.

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!

The Patriots clearly had the Quarterback advantage over the rest of the NFL with Cam Newton and Mac Jones, they just lacked THE WEAPONS!!!!! Don’t use Quaterbacks, just go 6 wide on every play! WEAPONIZE !!!!!!

Hey, B. Aiyuk first round pick. D. Samuel, high second round pick. Cool with me. Why can't we get weapons like that?? Data don't lie. Feelings do thou.

QB is the most important position on the field. Why not take a guy projected to be Top 3 at that position?

Obviously they're going to take a QB. The point is it's going to take alot of luck because they're not even getting the first or second crack at it.

Basically the two other teams need to **** it up.

And that guy will never have as close of an impact as the QB.

By your logic the chargers should just have passed over Herbert because he was the 3rd guy in his class.

That's not my logic at all.

Herbert wasn't the third player off the board.

None of those guys will be as impactful as a star QB, this is true. But many of them most likely will be more impactful than Daniels.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back