PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wednesday's Headline: Predictions

NEfan32

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Welcome to Boston. Red Sox sign ex-Yankee slugger to a record 10 year/310 million dollar deal. Lowell signs with Yankees for 4 years/56 million.

AP-Boston, MA. In a stunning move, the Boston Red Sox have agreed in principle on a record 10 year, 310 million dollar contract with super-slugger Alex Rodriguez. Rodriguez played for the rival New York Yankees last season. He hit 54 home runs and have 156 RBI. Red Sox nation was in favor of resigning Mike Lowell, but the Sox were reluctant to go 4 years, something the Yankees would do. Adding another chapter to the rivalry.

I think that Lowell will resign with Boston while Choke-Rod will go to L.A. to be with Torre.

I honestly don't think A-Rod will get 30M+ per year.

7 years ago Manny got 20M/yr and A-Rod got 25M/yr. Since then no one has gotten 20M/yr (excepting Clemens and his one year deals). I understand crossing the 20M/yr threshold again, but the same contract should also cross the 25M/yr and 30M/yr thresholds? When the highest paid group of players, outside of A-Rod, all make between 18-20M/yr he should be paid a full 50% more?

Add to this that he's over 30, wants 8+ years, and has a ton of baggage (fans hate him, trouble with media, the choker tag) and I just don't see it. Oh, and the Yanks and Sox only want him on their terms due to his baggage.

Maybe I'm totally wrong, and Boras's history says that I probably am. He started talking about 30M/yr long enough ago where it is now generally accepted that A-Rod will get that and people aren't questioning the sanity of doing so. I just see A-Rod as having enough baggage that every team, when faced with a phantom Boras bid that would seriously hurt them financially, will pass.

I think Lowell's gone. The Sox entertained him and he didn't sign. Now, other teams will make bids which will be quite higher in either $ or years. Not sure what will happen next.

hes going to be in pinstripes and its going to make me sick.

hes going to be in pinstripes and its going to make me sick.

Maybe I'm weird but I could care less if Lowell goes to the Yankees. He's a nice little player but I don't really feel much of an attachment to him. Considering I think signing him to anything more than 2 years would be a mistake (and that players of his caliber shouldn't make over 10M a year) part of me kind of hopes the Yankees sign him to a rich 4 year contract.

Maybe I'm weird but I could care less if Lowell goes to the Yankees. He's a nice little player but I don't really feel much of an attachment to him. Considering I think signing him to anything more than 2 years would be a mistake (and that players of his caliber shouldn't make over 10M a year) part of me kind of hopes the Yankees sign him to a rich 4 year contract.
Ditto. It would be kind of like Johnny Damon, the first year hurt a lot, but the second year was humorous.

you may or may not be right .what bothers me is watching a mvp no less a huge part of a redsox championship going to the chokees the year after winning here .it just sucks.it bothered me seeing bellhorn and alan embree in that uniform after how much they helped the sox win .it may or may not be a good thing for the sox but it still stings.

I think Lowell ruled out going with the Yankees, but you never know as it is about the money.. I would not sign him for 4 years.. unless you have an endless flow of cash.

I think Lowell ruled out going with the Yankees, but you never know as it is about the money.. I would not sign him for 4 years.. unless you have an endless flow of cash.
when did lowell rule out going to the chokees?schilling did not lowell.

Everyone was also saying there was no way Schilling would be back, but here he is. I would not rule out Lowell just yet.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back