PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Pregame Thread Week 15 pregame: Chiefs @ Pats

Pregame Discussion ahead of the LIVE game day discussion thread. The actual Game Thread will Open an hour ahead of kickoff.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not debating the offside call, as Toney clearly lined up in the neutral zone, but I do understand why players and coaches are upset by the lack of consistancy with penalty calls.

View attachment 55225
Two different perspectives. One is lined up at 90 degrees (more or less) to the LOS while the other is a few degrees to the left of the LOS.

This guy does a good job breaking down the play and lip reading Kermit's temper tantrum.

I stand corrected, I guess Kermit did congratulate Allen before he started his temper tantrum.

Two plays later and it's still in his head — that's the first thing he says to the coach at the timeout ("Offensive offside"). Way to mentally lose the game.

Absolutely agree. I'm out on Parker he's unreliable. He has these issues his whole career for one reason or another he just isn't durable. The guy that I feel for is KB he is the play maker and chain mover. He's a guy that would be great right now. Harris Absolutely should be getting reps. I don't need to see anymore of ty Montgomery or any less.
Parker’s not reliable, he can’t stay healthy, but he’s a tough cover downfield because of his physicality.

All the weapons should improve upon their numbers if Zappe plays like he did against the Steelers… or improves.

Parker’s not reliable, he can’t stay healthy, but he’s a tough cover downfield because of his physicality.

All the weapons should improve upon their numbers if Zappe plays like he did against the Steelers… or improves.
I hate to call an NFL player a quitter. But it looked like it at so many times this season with Parker. In a sense I understand the team isn't good and the offense has been putrid. But he got a pretty good contract, either he isn't performing or he's not on the filed. Feels like a Billy B contract restructuring for him this off season.

I hate to call an NFL player a quitter. But it looked like it at so many times this season with Parker. In a sense I understand the team isn't good and the offense has been putrid. But he got a pretty good contract, either he isn't performing or he's not on the filed. Feels like a Billy B contract restructuring for him this off season.
Receivers can’t contribute with a QB who can’t throw. We’ll see…. he has to get healthy first.

Receivers can’t contribute with a QB who can’t throw. We’ll see…. he has to get healthy first.
The QB started faltering this season after the Dallas game.. all downhill from there.. Parker lost the ball in the lights at Vegas after a sensational pass from the former QB. I think Christmas will come before I can place a bet that he'll remain healthy.

They have to block Chris Jones. A monumental task for this offensive line.

Aidan O'Connell from the Raiders has better weapons than Browning does and looks like hot garbage. Attributing competent play to weapons has no basis in fact. Weapons can enhance already good QB play, they won't make a bad QB good.
I mostly agree with this (as we really do have the same opinion overall on the subject based on a lot of your previous posts), but I brought up Browning because of the absolute nature of your statement. I'm merely presenting that there are exceptions to the rule. It's a matter of what is your definition of a bad QB? When someone is undrafted like Kurt Warner (who completed 28% of his passes his junior year of college) or picked late like Brady, or last like Purdy, did they start as a bad QB? If they end up getting good coaching and play with an excellent line and receivers, allowing them to think more clearly and grow and become a better processor after some growing pains, would you say that's a bad QB becoming good or just latent goodness allowing to blossom? Have you seen TB12's first drive? Warner's and Purdy's 1st appearances? Talk about hot garbage. TB12 was a hair's width away from an INT and probably turning into Stidham, although we'll never know, thankfully.

Edit: I also disagree with the better weapons for Aidan. I'd always thought that Adams/Meyers/Renfrow was a terrrrible WR combination. Also, "better weapons" should also mean better compatible weapons, as sometimes you just need a QB and WR to get on the same wavelength to achieve something good.

Last edited:
I really want Mahomes to eat a one-in-done. If we can contribute to that, all the better.
I will gladly eat losses for the rest of the year if they can somehow deliver a fat L to the Chiefs this week. It would just be so friggin funny. Bailey Zappe outdueling Mahomes who is fresh off his "I Hate The Refs" Tour is too enticing to pass up. And it would put them dangerously close to losing their division lead to Denver, plus they'd likely never sniff a bye at that point. They would unravel.

I used to be all on the "knock the Bills out of the playoffs" train but the opportunity to end the "Chiefs dynasty" before it happens with this rag-tag bunch is too juicy to pass up.

I can see our D slowing them, but hard to see how our O can score enough

The fact that Reid is making noise about this!?! Seriously.
For someone who has gotten luckier than a senior on free-buffet night at bingo.
The refs have been giving Mahomes EVERY close flag possible over the last few years.
Just look at the Chiefs getting the holding call to win the SB. Andy - shut up!

Bubbles describing Andy Reid

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
Kermit's "apology"

I hope he at least called Josh Allen and apologized for being a douchenoodle to him on national TV.

The Chiefs game is the come back down to earth game.

Patrick Mahomes is who we think he is. And Bailey Zappe... well he's not Mahomes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe