PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Pregame Thread Week 3 Pats @ NYJ pregame thread

Pregame Discussion ahead of the LIVE game day discussion thread. The actual Game Thread will Open an hour ahead of kickoff.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pats need to find a way to get the lead: the Jets are going to be up for this one...a early season SB Let's hope Zach Wilson doesn't have a coming out game Stranger things have happened.

Last edited:
Going back to that amazing FG block by Schooler. Yes, it was awesome, came at a crucial time, trying to keep the game within 14 pts, and gave the Pats a chance to try to bring it to a 1-score game before the 4th qtr.
The bad - it shows how desperate BB was - in week 2. From the articles being written, the block reminded the whole league what is possible and it won't work for us again. Meaning, they used their best ST play in the 2nd game of the year, down by 14, because they DID NOT want to lose to MIA and go 0-2. That's just surprising all around. And it shows that BB must feel some heat on his seat.

Would love to see more of Douglas. Minus the fumble he looks like a really exciting player... and given our struggles on OL may need to get ball out quick again...unfortunately.

Going back to that amazing FG block by Schooler. Yes, it was awesome, came at a crucial time, trying to keep the game within 14 pts, and gave the Pats a chance to try to bring it to a 1-score game before the 4th qtr.
The bad - it shows how desperate BB was - in week 2. From the articles being written, the block reminded the whole league what is possible and it won't work for us again. Meaning, they used their best ST play in the 2nd game of the year, down by 14, because they DID NOT want to lose to MIA and go 0-2
Don't know about that but if they can read a team's FG holder giving a tell like Bailey did then why wouldn't it work again? Might as well keep doing it until the league shows it can stop it. I don't know how many holders they can get a read on but I'm sure the rest of the league is aware of how they did it and that puts some pressure on the holder to not giving anything away...

Last edited:

Hooray, the Jets OL is worse!
dr zoidberg futurama GIF

Based our trending Offensive ineptitude I am Not going say we are better than anybody that's awfully brave for a Team who invents ways to lose. I am sure the Jets will have some sort of innovative Offensive game plan that give Zack Wilson easy throws. We better hope Hall or Cook don't gash us like Miami did could be a very long afternoon a 0-3 Start is definitely season over time to talk about the upcoming Draft.

The bad - it shows how desperate BB was - in week 2. From the articles being written, the block reminded the whole league what is possible and it won't work for us again. Meaning, they used their best ST play in the 2nd game of the year, down by 14, because they DID NOT want to lose to MIA and go 0-2. That's just surprising all around. And it shows that BB must feel some heat on his seat.
Or they saw an opportunity to block a kick because the punter/holder was our punter/holder for years and we knew his tendencies.

Based our trending Offensive ineptitude I am Not going say we are better than anybody that's awfully brave for a Team who invents ways to lose. I am sure the Jets will have some sort of innovative Offensive game plan that give Zack Wilson easy throws. We better hope Hall or Cook don't gash us like Miami did could be a very long afternoon a 0-3 Start is definitely season over time to talk about the upcoming Draft.

So after 0-3 you're only posting in Draft Board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe