PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're on to Baltimore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. If we want to win it all, we're going to have to win some games against good teams. There's no way around it. I'm personally glad we have to play a physical team in the divisional round. That will be a good test, and if we can't handle it then we don't deserve to advance.
Like the attitude! Hope the team is up to the test. They should be able to win at home.

I am not worried ravens offense. Their defense concerns me a lot. Also they have nothing to lose, so the pressure is on us. If our offense can't get going early, it'll be a long day...
They have exactly as much to lose as the Pats do.

At first I didn't want this match-up but now I think the friggin Patriots and us NE fans need to man the f up and slap these clowns in the mouth. I'm talking everyone on our defense turning into Brandon Browner for 60 minutes.

We need to go uptempo and wear those hogs on the front 7 out. Some quick passes, Jonas Gray to start the game for quick burst and power on the running plays. Run Wright and Gronkowski down the middle in that cover 2 like its 1999. You know Baltimore will cheat up and press our WRs so we want to utilize play action like we always do. I don't want McD calling these cute, fake-action swing passes and crap like he usually does to start playoff games. Man up, Patriots.

I still think the Pats win this game decisively (two scores). I think Brady, unlike what Roethlisberger did, will get rid of the ball quickly to Edelman, Gronk, and LaFell. On defense, I think the Pats' d-line can slow down Forsett and force Flacco to throw where he ends up making mistakes when he has to throw a lot.

People are talking about the Pats' o-line, but if Monroe isn't back, the Ravens have to worry about Chandler Jones. If Harrison can manhandle Monroe's replacement, imagine what Jones can do. They also lost their RT in week 16. The Pats can try to take advantage of the outside pressure with Ayers and Ninkovich on the other side.

They don't have a 3rd WR really to speak of. Thier 3rd WR is their TE.

Or Kamar Aiken who has 267 yards on the year and is a rookie. He is no DeVante Adams ala Packers. He is the only 3rd WR that really hurt the Pats this year.

So just like us?

Ravens secondary held up very well, isn't just about our offensive line. Defense will probably need to win this one like they have past couple of weeks. For once not worried about our defense.

If the OL can give Brady a bit of time, this game shouldn't be close. Flacco is going to throw a back breaking INT. He's never seen a Belichick defense this good.

Whooped them by 35 last December without Gronk.

This year we have a better defense and Gronk...we take this with ease

We are #1 seed, they barely made playoff. See the difference?

It is single game elimination for the Super Bowl. I don't care if they got in based on a coin flip. The pressure to win a Super Bowl is pretty much equal. I am sure the Ravens aren't saying to themselves, "It is amazing that we even got this far. So if we lose it is no big deal.". It is a playoff game where the loser goes home. It doesn't matter if you are the #1 seed or the #6 seed who backed into the game. The stakes are the same for both teams.

what sucks is DENVER getting a bye into the conference finals, with a walkover vs. the winner of the Indianapolis StayPufts and the Cincinnati Charmins.

Like the attitude! Hope the team is up to the test. They should be able to win at home.

Seriously, what chance would we have against a team like Seattle if we can't handle a team like the Ravens? Who cares if Denver has an easier game against Indy/Cincy? The SB isn't won by getting lucky and picking off "easy" opponents. Seattle had to win a war with SF last year that came down to the wire before destroying the Broncos. I'd rather be battle tested.

I wanted it to be the Colts. Oh, well... Go Bengals!

Greg A. Bedard ‏@GregABedard 2m2 minutes ago
Revised list of bye teams most at risk for a divisional upset: 1. Packers, 2. Patriots (Previous: 3), 3. Broncos (Previous: 2), 4. Seahawks.

Greg A. Bedard ‏@GregABedard 48s49 seconds ago
No question Broncos have easier matchup vs. Indy or Cincy.

I think that has to do with who Denver is playing. Not that the Pats are likely to get upset. Cincy and Indy are two teams that have been struggling in recent weeks. And both teams are notoriously soft.

what sucks is DENVER getting a bye into the conference finals, with a walkover vs. the winner of the Indianapolis StayPufts and the Cincinnati Charmins.

not really, they lost to Cincy a few weeks ago. It's not as if they are playing the jaguars...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes