PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're on to Baltimore

Status
Not open for further replies.
WEEI poll has most people afraid of this game....i have no idea why...

This is the look I want to see on the face of every Ravens player by the end of this game.

vlcsnap-2015-01-05-00h19m52s24.png

Regardless of the opponent the Pats still need to bring their A game. If the Pats come ready and prepared they should be able to beat the Ravens. So lets think positive folks, the Pats will be ready come game time. Go Pats! :)

This game comes down to the Patriots o line's ability to give Brady time against a four man Rush to throw the ball.

If brady has time, we should be good if we do not turn over the ball.

If Baltimore blitzes, they may get to Brady a few times, but otherwise, Brady picks then apart.

Does Connelly play and is he healthy?

Hopefully the Pats are jacked up and ready to play- similar to their division playoff game against Denver in 2011. Forsett has had some monster games and the Pats need to shut down the run game. Otherwise, the Pats need to play just the way they played against most everyone else this year.

Hopefully the Pats are jacked up and ready to play- similar to their division playoff game against Denver in 2011. Forsett has had some monster games and the Pats need to shut down the run game. Otherwise, the Pats need to play just the way they played against most everyone else this year.

That playoff game against Tebow was a thing to behold. :p

WEEI poll has most people afraid of this game....i have no idea why...

My guess it is a combination of chicken little, misery being too many folks default setting, and PTSD from the last 2 Raven playoff losses.
Nothing is guaranteed. Every team in the playoffs is capable of winning, every one. The Ravens have a capable defense, a QB that has shown stretches of excellent play in the past, and a coach that is solidly experienced. The Ravens can win this game.......but they likely won't based on the kind of team the Patriots bring into the 2014 playoffs. Honestly I have no idea how people could be so scared given the Patriots impressive play this season -- with defense, STs, Brady w/Gronk-Edelman-LaFell-Vereen. This is a damn fine group to go into the playoffs with and should give people a good feeling about their prospects.

I'm of the extreme minority that I am glad to be taking on the Ravens. Based on their 2014 performances in games versus our 2014 performance in games, the Ravens have one of the least if not the least impressive A Game in the AFC field (not withstanding their admittedly good performance over the Steelers).

I'm conflicted about this game. I really would have preferred and easier opponent just to ease into Playoff mode. Ravens already won a game and won it handily and I would be concerned about them being hot and the Pats starting sluggish after the time off. As has been reiterated the Key will be the Oline. Just hoping Soldier and Connolly are ready to go. Our defense is more than capable of handling Baltimore the offense just needs to be able to score points.

When I say this, I'm talking about execution on the field. "Bringing their 'A' game," to me, means they don't make careless mistakes, earn stupid penalties, make nonsensical play calls, etc.

Give less than their best? No. Giving their best, though, does not equal execution..... A game = executing (not turning it over, not jumping offside or false start, catching the ball, passing the ball accurately, etc etc ......).

I'm sure that OTG was referring to the actual definition of "brings their A game" which means how the team shows up, i.e. what they BRING with them. That term is typically used to define the level of preparation and motivation.

How well a team executes is about what happens after the team arrives.

Both of you are using unusual definitions of the term.

Run the ball...a lot. Run at Suggs and Dumberville. Play action throws to Gronk and screens to Vereen and Edelman.

Put Revis on Steve Smith. Hit Forsett really hard.

Be the more physical and initimidating team. Flacco always seems to have that stoic J.D. Drew type expression on his face. Make him feel uncomfortable in that pocket.

This week is going to be unbearable. The local media are already turning the Ravens into the Greatest Show on Turf on offense and the better than the 85 Bears on defense. They are basically saying the Pats will be lucky to lose in a respectable manner. This is the same media that two weeks ago said the Pats are basically going to the Super Bowl and the only team in the AFC that has a shot of beating the Pats is the Broncos. Now the Pats are a heavy underdog in their eyes.

It is getting really bad when you turn on the radio and they are saying that Flacco is the best pos season QB in the league, Brady is going to be on his back every play, Browner is going to give up eight or nine pass interference calls for at least 30 yards or more, etc.

I expect this overboard analysis on message boards, but on the radio and in print? Ok, I expect it there too.

This week is going to be unbearable. The local media are already turning the Ravens into the Greatest Show on Turf on offense and the better than the 85 Bears on defense. They are basically saying the Pats will be lucky to lose in a respectable manner. This is the same media that two weeks ago said the Pats are basically going to the Super Bowl and the only team in the AFC that has a shot of beating the Pats is the Broncos. Now the Pats are a heavy underdog in their eyes.

It is getting really bad when you turn on the radio and they are saying that Flacco is the best pos season QB in the league, Brady is going to be on his back every play, Browner is going to give up eight or nine pass interference calls for at least 30 yards or more, etc.

I expect this overboard analysis on message boards, but on the radio and in print? Ok, I expect it there too.

NE coaching staff will use this as motivation. Excellent.

I hope Alan Branch lays on Forsett. For a long time.

I have a feeling the Pats are going to lose. This is what I foresee. I think Flacco will use is ****** luck to chuck the ball downfield at will with under thrown balls. He'll either get completions or defensive pass interference calls especially against Browner. He'll also get a lot of 10-20 yard passes over the middle of the field. You'll hear a lot of the announcer saying "Wide open over the middle!". Steve Smith Sr. and Torrey Smith will have at least 100 yards each with at least one touchdown each also. I think Baltimores D-line will cause fits for Brady. Ngata will have at least one strip sack. Elvis and Suggs will have at least one sack each as well. Our O-line will be like wet toilet paper. The whole team will seem rusty from not playing in 3 weeks.

Brady 179 yards 2 TD 3 INT
Flacco 425 yards 4 TD 0 INT

Pats 20
Ravens 41

#$%@ this game :mad:

45577d1352536360t-i-hope-jellybean-does-not-come-s3-24005427.jpg

Don't forget that NE will be the fresher team as they are coming off a bye. That aspect cannot be ignored. Gronk will have essentially had three weeks off?

I know Gronk missed the game against the bills and Edelan was out against the Jets and Bills but this has been a trick or treat offense all season. Since we have no idea if the offense that scores 35 points a game is going to show up or the the offense thats scores 17 points a game is going to show up this game is completely up for grabs.

The key will be the interior OL.

If they can hold up and Brady can step into his throws we can win this game.

Yes there are a lot of other matchups, but ultimately we'll need points to win and this matchup will be the key to us sustaining drives and scoring points.

For me, McD has to go to an uptempo offense and tire those guys out. When we've moved the ball against them is when we do this. Get that first down and then run them to the ground.

Do this, even on key 3rd downs. What I find irritating is when we move the ball running an uptempo offense all the way inside the red zone, but when a 3rd down comes up in the red zone, the offense huddles up. It gives the defense time to organize and set their defense up and completely takes away the main reason why we moved the ball in the first place.

Last edited:
Baltimore is a team that has a track record of coming into Foxboro and giving us a dog fight. two times they punched us in the mouth, winning comfortably

Baltimore has certainly had success against the Patriots, but can we all please agree to not mention 2009 or include data from that game in any analysis? More than simply being irrelevant, including that game increases inaccuracy.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes