PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who are you amped about?

Jacked and pumped... or was it pumped and jacked?

Fight On Pete Carroll GIF by USC Trojans
anyway....

I am excited to see Gonzalez and if he's truly elite. I am looking forward to elite STs and to see if Mac improves with BoB's guidance.

Your post really got me curious.

Now my hands are glowing fluorescent yellow and my cat (only remaining friend on earth) is dead after violent seizures and vomiting. I wish I had walked through the experiment before presenting it to my kids. Mr. Whiskers was everything to them.

Thanks *******.
You're welcome :D And thanks @Joker for unpacking Shroedinger's BoB :)

We're so used to being the team that "has it all" that it feels like heresy to want a GREAT D, a GREAT run game, and just good passing, though that's where it's headed (and how we'll see it regardless in the post-TFB era.)

O-Line. I forgot O-line. But let's face it, they get swept into the overall O hopes

I really am looking forward to Douglas. Something about him screams the next Edelman... Him and Thornton are what I want to see. I honestly think we shouldn't jump on DeAndre unless our cap hit is maybe 3 -4 million over parkers hit.

I agree. Douglas is exceptionally quick and Thornton is exceptionally fast. We need the quickest and fastest guys on the field producing. Lots to look forward to.

Last edited:
Hyped to see a better Mac Jones... Year 3... He went thru the crucible last year, and now we get to see if he's the type if player who is going to put this team on his back when needed...

stoked to see this rookie class in action... after last years home run, could we have strung together two years in a row of quality players... there will be misses, there always are, but get a few decent guys every year, and thats a win...

Super Hyped to see Brady being honored by the team this year. Thats a fitting end to the Brady years, not some rancorous divorce that lasts for a decade or more.
Absolutely agree! Seeing the real Mac , closer to his rookie form possibly even better. With experience under his belt good and bad obviously.

A defense that projects to have a lockdown corner again, and be able to contain teams # 1s. And be elite at all 3 levels. Keon white, judon, (healthy) barmore, uche, wise.. will terrorize QBs.

An offense with some real scheming, continuity, every one buying in.

The team is being counted out nationally I'd love for them to come out week 1 and make a statement!

Defense.

I’m excited to see just how good the D can be. It was good last year and looks like it could be much improved over an already good unit. Looking to see if Keion can be a good complement to Barmore, where Mapu ends up playing (probably different on every play), how Gonzo does, whether Bolden is a surprise find, etc.
I'm with you! Really excited on defense.. this is a prove it or loose it year for barmore going forward. The guy is a absolutely force. But needs to stay on the field to be impactful and be the force the team needs him to be. My feelings are we can be a top 10 offense and top 10 defense.. that usually is conducive to winning!

I'm with you! Really excited on defense.. this is a prove it or loose it year for barmore going forward. The guy is a absolutely force. But needs to stay on the field to be impactful and be the force the team needs him to be. My feelings are we can be a top 10 offense and top 10 defense.. that usually is conducive to winning!
Real: Top 10 Offense with a D-Hop not without he would make Juju and our TE's way more effective inside.

Real: Top 10 Offense with a D-Hop not without he would make Juju and our TE's way more effective inside.
PatsFan2:

Here is the 2021 offensive rankings without a d- hop or a #1 WR for that matter.

This year's team has more skill position players around Mac. I'd love for us to sign D hop, but without him we can still be a top 10 offense. In 2021 we were at 27 PPG. We have the capability to match that this season with or without D hop.. again now I'd absolutely love to have him!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230609_113730_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230609_113730_Samsung Internet.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 1
Kendrick Bourne with BoB as the OC.

Rookie Keion White: 6’5” 285 lbs.

Bill Belichick is the Greatest Coach of All Time. Only idiots would dispute that. On the other hand, he is 71 years old and last season may have been his worst coaching season ever. At the beginning of the year he said: if it doesn't work, blame me. Well, I think that we know what happened on offense. And, by the way, the special teams cost them games too.

So I want to know if BB can put last year behind him and bring the team together.

In favour: he's a surpassingly knowledgeable coach, is amazingly good at learning, still loves coaching and is at his best when he's trying to prove people wrong.

Against: he has a very military mind-set (chain of command, don't question authority, even when it seems to be screwing up) and he doesn't have the older generation (Scarnecchia, Fears, but, above all, Ernie Adams) who could challenge him on a basis of equality. And he seems to want to punish those who did challenge the cl*sterf*ck that was last season (Hoyer, Harris, Meyers, Bailey, J. Jones).

Lulu ... Shen ... and Mingbi.

you have to explain the Schroedinger's BOB point you are making...especially to the perennial doom and gloomers who see poison and death around every corner of this new season...

In quantum mechanics, Schrödinger's BOB is a thought experiment that illustrates a paradox of quantum superposition. In the thought experiment, a hypothetical BOB may be considered simultaneously both alive and dead, while it is unobserved in a closed box, as a result of its fate being linked to a random subatomic event that may or may not occur. This thought experiment was devised by physicist Erwin Schrödinger in 1935[1] in a discussion with Albert Einstein[2] to illustrate what Schrödinger saw as the problems of the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics.

In Schrödinger's original formulation, BOB, a flask of poison, and a radioactive source are placed in a sealed box. If an internal monitor (e.g. a Geiger counter) detects radioactivity (i.e. a single atom decaying), the flask is shattered, releasing the poison, which kills BOB. The Copenhagen interpretation implies that, after a while, BOB is simultaneously alive and dead. Yet, when one looks in the box, one sees BOB either alive or dead, not both alive and dead. This poses the question of when exactly quantum superposition ends and reality resolves into one possibility or the other.

So it isn't obvious how this applies to the Pats' upcoming season? Does he need to explain it to us as if we are a bunch of naïve first year physics Masters' students?

Bill Belichick is the Greatest Coach of All Time. Only idiots would dispute that. On the other hand, he is 71 years old and last season may have been his worst coaching season ever. At the beginning of the year he said: if it doesn't work, blame me. Well, I think that we know what happened on offense. And, by the way, the special teams cost them games too.

So I want to know if BB can put last year behind him and bring the team together.

In favour: he's a surpassingly knowledgeable coach, is amazingly good at learning, still loves coaching and is at his best when he's trying to prove people wrong.

Against: he has a very military mind-set (chain of command, don't question authority, even when it seems to be screwing up) and he doesn't have the older generation (Scarnecchia, Fears, but, above all, Ernie Adams) who could challenge him on a basis of equality. And he seems to want to punish those who did challenge the cl*sterf*ck that was last season (Hoyer, Harris, Meyers, Bailey, J. Jones).
There is probably no one better in all of sports at putting the previous season or the past behind them than Bill.

I am most enthused by:

1. Defense. Injuries can of course change everything, but I think we have a legitimately excellent defense this year. This is critical to help our offense.

The line could be monstrous with Judon, Barmore, Uche, and possibly White - plus Wise should be not undersetimated. That's a great line that can not only rush the passer (which will be important not only in our division but in our schedule), but, importantly, can hold up against the run, including holding the edge. I think our line can be special.

I think our cornerback situation can be special: gonzalez and three jones are all very good to excellent possibilities.

I am not thrilled with our linebacking crew and safety situation, but we did get some increase in speed and athleticism with Mapu, and I think they may play more two high safety shells which will put less pressure on dugger or mills to handle as much as McCourty did.

The scheme: Belichick is a consistently great defensive coach - I will take that to my grave. And Mayo and the other defensive coaches did not let us down last year. We have incredible versatile in our players -- think of all the players can migrate from safety to corner to even quasi-linebacking positions (e.g. Dugger). I could even see a return to those amoeba lines that confused the hell out of certain offensive lines.

I'm confident that, barring catastrophic injuries, this defense will be very, very good.

2. Bill O'Brien. Yes, I am drinking the Kool Aid, but, lord, last year did not look like an NFL-level offense. I do believe Bill will get Mac in shape, with play action, some RPO, motion, just ANYTHING other than the pedestrian, static, uncreative scheme we had last year. The two tight ends are not Gronk and Hernandez, but they are GREAT seam and other outlets for Mac for easy completions. I HAVE to believe Bill can use Bourne similarly to year 1 -- I still don't understand why he was so criminally underutilized last year. Rhamondre is a ****ing beast and our running backs are very solid. So we have a good chance of having a balanced, multifacted attack, that, in tandem with our defense, doesn't need to put up 30 points per game. Just be a reliable, solid chain mover, that has a semi-decent touchdown ratio in the red zone.

The major concern I have is, of course, our wide receiver crew and in particular the lack of truly credible outside/ downfield threats. I hope thornton develops, but last year didn't blow me away. Otherwise, it will allow defenses to play single high and bring people into the box or crowd the middle /crossing routes, which suffocates our offense.

Still, I am not being a fanboy (I think) in believing our team is significantly improved in not only coaching, but personnel.
It's a rough division, and injuries always influence things, but I think we will be surprisingly competitive, based more on our defense than offense.

I think there's a support group for this, or perhaps a 10 step program. Get help, man, for God's sake.
Yea it is called "switching to Pandora", which I usually after listening to the never ending bytching about the Pats..

So it isn't obvious how this applies to the Pats' upcoming season? Does he need to explain it to us as if we are a bunch of naïve first year physics Masters' students?
Look, if you were churlishly chugging toward said degree at one [masters/2 years,] while the Patriots careened toward opening day at an approximate rate of one jettisoned binkie per month, and reality was setting in at... oh never mind, it's not like I'm some kind of Mona Lisa Vito of spacetime

Or

Wonder+Kid+Nate+Shelley[1].jpeg

Amped for Mac and BOB. I'm amped for a cohesive passing game. I'm amped to see the machine clicking as a whole. We'll never see it operated as it was with the goat, but the offensive machine can still operate well, like it did in that brief flash with Jimmy and for the Cassel year. I'm amped to see that, because I think this team can be elite if we can have that.

Amped for the defense as a unit as well. Amped for the whole "team" theme to make a comeback.

Amped for BB, because it's a huge year for his legacy. Amped for a lot of things that come down mostly to 3, maybe 4 people: BB, BOB, Mac, and whoever df it is between Steve and Mayo who is most responsible for the defense.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back