PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who is the next trade target?

Bingo! I mentioned Claypool the other day and someone shot it down. This guy is a big, physically imposing WR.. he did nothing but catch balls over defenders with Pittsburgh.. he's not happy in Chicago with the coaching staff.. I'd absolutely like to go after him. He be instantly a number #1 in this offense.
I think a few people shot it down, but he'll come cheap now so why not. Try anything at this point.

Too late to fix the Patriots. The Patriots have only themselves to blame for this mess. Everyone knew before the season that their OL and WR corps were dreadful, but they did not address these issues. They cheaped out on DeAndre Hopkins, dumped Jacobi Meyers, and whiffed on Thornton. And they cheaped out on acquiring more OL help last offseason. So if they are going to be cheap with their personnel decisions, fan are going to be the same about buying tickets, etc.

I am amazed that Parker has been so dreadful. He looked great in camp but cannot get open in a real game. And JuJu "Sanu" is a disaster.

It's truly amazing...
In just a few years Bill has discarded both the FB and 3rd down RB positions.
While opting for blocking-challenged TEs, non-separation WRS, and CFL caliber OL depth.
Go figure.

20-17-13-3

Not a trade but why not sign this kid to the 53 see what we can get out of him.
Was a guy I had targeted.

Darius Rush, Kansas City Chiefs
Rush was selected by the Indianapolis Colts in the fifth round of the 2023 NFL Draft before getting cut in August after an underwhelming summer. Now, he’s on the Chiefs’ practice squad. Rush obviously is a project, but he was great in college and has ideal size at 6-foot-2, 198 pounds

Not a trade but why not sign this kid to the 53 see what we can get out of him.
Was a guy I had targeted.

Darius Rush, Kansas City Chiefs
Rush was selected by the Indianapolis Colts in the fifth round of the 2023 NFL Draft before getting cut in August after an underwhelming summer. Now, he’s on the Chiefs’ practice squad. Rush obviously is a project, but he was great in college and has ideal size at 6-foot-2, 198 pounds
He’s gotta be better than Myles Away Bryant.

Last edited by a moderator:
We need to be sellers unless it is a strict numbers game at the position like it was with JC Jackson.

We need to be sellers unless it is a strict numbers game at the position like it was with JC Jackson.
I wouldn't say sellers - they won't do that - but I do agree with you. They'll address positions of need but I don't expect them to make a big move unless suddenly things change drastically and they start to go on a run. Although, I'm certainly not confident in that happening unless we see a big change over these next two weeks.

Sellers who do we have to sell?? Nothing on the Offensive side as far as the eyes can see.

I wouldn't say sellers - they won't do that - but I do agree with you. They'll address positions of need but I don't expect them to make a big move unless suddenly things change drastically and they start to go on a run. Although, I'm certainly not confident in that happening unless we see a big change over these next two weeks.
Yeah, the only one I see as a maybe is Jeudy. And, to be honest, Jeudy hasn't done much in the league, so I think the price really has to be right.

Sellers who do we have to sell?? Nothing on the Offensive side as far as the eyes can see.
I agree there isn't much. Judon would have been a prime candidate but that is out the window. Maybe a guy like Uche if they don't plan on re-signing him but that became less likely with the Judon injury as well. Other than that maybe Jon Jones, Geseki, or Bourne. None of those guys would get anything where I would think it's worth trading them in season though.
As much as I don't want them trading assets for veterans at this point a starting caliber RT would be nice. It is hard to evaluate anyone on offense if there's a jailbreak on every drop back. At some point I hope we get to see Boutte and Demario Douglas get some real snaps to see what they can be going forward. The further this season gets out of hand the more I want to see the young guys. If we have a repeat of 2020 where guys who aren't part of the future are getting snaps over young guys then I will be even more annoyed than I was 3 years ago.

Yeah, the only one I see as a maybe is Jeudy. And, to be honest, Jeudy hasn't done much in the league, so I think the price really has to be right.
I would take Courtland Sutton at this point.

Hopefully nobody, they’re more that one superstar away from being competitive on offense. Get through this year and figure things out this off season.

Bingo! I mentioned Claypool the other day and someone shot it down. This guy is a big, physically imposing WR.. he did nothing but catch balls over defenders with Pittsburgh.. he's not happy in Chicago with the coaching staff.. I'd absolutely like to go after him. He be instantly a number #1 in this offense.
He’s produced 3 TDs since his rookie year 4 seasons ago. He’s also had major issues with both the Steelers and the Bears. No thank you on an unproductive head case.

I wonder if the Ravens would move on from Rashod Bateman?? They have O'Dell - Flowers and old stiff Agholor playing well.

Sign or trade for guys that possess Cat Like Quickness

There... I said it!!!

I wonder if the Ravens would move on from Rashod Bateman?? They have O'Dell - Flowers and old stiff Agholor playing well.
That would be lovely, certainly keeping up with the theme of giving Mac garbage.

He’s produced 3 TDs since his rookie year 4 seasons ago. He’s also had major issues with both the Steelers and the Bears. No thank you on an unproductive head case.
I think Claypool have modeling aspirations football might not be on his mind. DJ Moore would be an Instant #1 here boy they are going to waste him I would give up Two Seconds for him right now.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back