PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who will be our 2nd round DB draft selection in 2021

scott99

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Considering it happens almost EVERY year, the Pats trade up or down for a 2nd round DB.

My thoughts are that it’ll be one of these guys: CB’s Asante Samuel Jr or Eric Stokes or Safeties Richie Grant, or Trevon Moehrig.

Or a big slow CB/Safety rated as a 7th round pick.

Who’s it gonna be ? You know it’s gonna happen, just like a draft trade with Philadelphia, it’s tradition, a 2nd round DB drafted by the Pats.

Of the names you listed Samuel is the biggest baller

CB1 ceiling with him

I think they are going to trade back to get a lower 2nd and recoup the 78th pick they lost.

However,

If we have to go CB in round 2, I wouldn't mind Newsome or Farley. Both have injury concerns but could be really good if they can stay healthy in the pros. But that's exactly why they last until round 2 and not taken in round 1 instead.

If we have to go CB in round 2, I wouldn't mind Newsome or Farley. Both have injury concerns but could be really good if they can stay healthy in the pros. But that's exactly why they last until round 2 and not taken in round 1 instead.
I wouldn't be surprised with a trade up in the 2nd for either Newsome or Farley. I don't see them being there when we pick.

Melifonwu could be another option as well as the Kentucky CB

There is a CB from Gustavus Adolphus College who is very fast and tough

Newsome and Farley are likely gone in the 1st round. I actually think we'll take a QB in the second round but if we do focus on a DB there, I'd look at Jevon Holland, Ifeatu Melifonwu, and maybe even a slight reach for someone like Paulson Adebo, although perhaps the high-mid 3rd is his value area.

With the 46th pick in the 2021 NFL Draft, Your New Englact Patriots select:
Shaun Crawford 5’9” 180 from Notre Dame - Book It!!

If we take horn in round one, would bb still take a db in round 2.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back