PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who would be the next GM?

At this point, I think they will just give the GM title to Matt Groh.
That's entirely possible (and perhaps probable). If that happens, it would be a mistake. Groh is one of Bill's guys and I doubt he would stand up to Bill when it comes to any personnel decisions.

If Kraft fires BB or BB stays and relinquishes his gm duties, the person I would want as gm for would Adam Peters from SF.

What say you?

Agree. I want him anyway.

Adam Peters would be my vote, he's been here before in the early years and with John Lynch he's built a brilliant roster in San Fran. I think we also need clarity on what the front office do and how many scouts we have etc? Do we use analytics? Etc..

GM- Adam Peters
HC- Ben Johnson
DC- Marquand Manuel
OC- Ben McDaniels or Antwaan Randle El

Raiders are looking at Peters, among others.
If that is the plan, Krafty needs to move on it.

Who is the next GM? If Bill Belichick stays, he will be the GM, maybe not in name but in actuality.

I think we also need clarity on what the front office do and how many scouts we have etc? Do we use analytics? Etc..
A lot of this is in the media guide. I don’t remember the number of scouts off hand, but there are three “software engineer” type titles in the scouting department, which includes analytics work.

Mike Lombardi or make a huge offer to Howie Roseman.
I would be very careful with Slowik as head coach. He has had one good year and most of his experience is on defensive side of the ball
Didnt Lombardi bomb in Cleveland?

Last edited:
Didnt Lombardi bomb in Cleveland?
Kind of. He didn’t get to hire a coach and he didn’t have personnel control. That was on CEO Joe Banner. One of many examples of how the GM title can have vastly varying responsibilities.

Like I said be prepared for Matt Groh being the official GM
Ugh but we think we want Peter’s.
Kraft needs to wake up and make a plan.
I wonder if Bill would be petty enough to push back the meeting to screw us.

A lot of this is in the media guide. I don’t remember the number of scouts off hand, but there are three “software engineer” type titles in the scouting department, which includes analytics work.
Ah thank you! Didn't know that!

Ugh but we think we want Peter’s.
Kraft needs to wake up and make a plan.
I wonder if Bill would be petty enough to push back the meeting to screw us.

"We think we want Peter's" what?

Bob Kraft make a plan??? Haha. @venecol agrees with you. The dude is 82 years old. Wake up? Yes. I am sure Bob Kraft sleeps a lot at 82. Make a plan? Again haha. Venecol thinks he picked Parcells 30 years ago when Kraft was 52, so Kraft is going to pick the next amamzing GM and Coach.

The same people, like you and Venecol, that expect Kraft to select the correct GM and Coach at 82 years of age think BB is too old at 71 years of age.

People who fail in their 30s and 40s get better in their mid 60s?
It's insane, it's like the Jim Harbaugh people. San Francisco couldn't get him out of town fast enough - that was 10 years ago.

It's insane, it's like the Jim Harbaugh people. San Francisco couldn't get him out of town fast enough - that was 10 years ago.
I don't get all the Harbaugh love. It's college football which is a lot of recruitment and a lot of coaching. He's been at Michigan since 2015 and is 4-7 in bowl games. Are people sympathetic of anyone who has been accused of breaking rules these days? Of which it seems pretty obvious Harbaugh did cheat. I guess since his time in SF he learned to balance his incessant whining with some cheating too?

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back