PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would Mangini be so cold and throw the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Can we stop worry about jets throwing a game ? We need to beat bills first !!

Sirrously. You play to win the game. Even Eric Mangina.

one of them will move to 4. if buff holds on against denver then that game becomes flexed.

The Jets game prolly gets moved to 4 or to NBC. Maybe it's time to bury the hatchet with the Rat??????

Re: Can we stop worry about jets throwing a game ? We need to beat bills first !!

they just are beating denver in denver. Its going to be a hard game after the 2 byes we have had.

I can worry about what every I want. Cassel, BB, Moss they need to focus on the Bills. I, as a fan, can look past the Bills and at wildcard weekend. I don't have to play one game at a time, I can play worry about a Colts week 10 game during week 3.

Team needs to say focused. Fan focus not so important.

NBC doesn't have a game next week.

Yes they do. They just haven't selected it yet. They have until tomorrow.

Once they pick the night game, CBS and Fox will adjust the 1 and 4 schedule.

The Jets or Giants game will not be at 1 since they can't play at the same time. It seems very likely that the Jets game gets moved since the Giants game will be meaningless.

Last edited:

they just are beating denver in denver. Its going to be a hard game after the 2 byes we have had.
You're right although Denver sucks. Still, it's certainly not a given. But "Denver in Denver" isn't how it sounds.

Yes they do. They just haven't selected it yet. They have until tomorrow.

Once they pick the night game, CBS and Fox will adjust the 1 and 4 schedule.

The Jets or Giants game will not be at 1 since they can't play at the same time. It seems very likely that the Jets game gets moved since the Giants game will be meaningless.

Why cant the Jets and Giants play at the same time??

The Jets game prolly gets moved to 4 or to NBC. Maybe it's time to bury the hatchet with the Rat??????

I willing to bet that either the Pats and the Jets play at the same time or the Jets play before the Pats. I can't imagine the NFL wants a repeat of Colts/Titans or the chance the Jets lose on purpose to knock the Pats out.

Mangini playing to lose would be like slashing his own throat to frame Belichick for murder. Yes, he would end the Patriots' season but he would likely end his career in the process. Costing Belichick a shot at the playoffs for a single season could cost him his job forever.

Belichick comes back next season with Brady, uses this season as fuel if kept out of the playoffs at 11-5 and goes on to win the Lombardi. The Rat is left to polish the rings he earned working for Belichick and knows his NFL career crashed and burned. Poetic and satisfying, yet I am betting, like a rat leaving a sinking ship, he plays for survival and goes for the win next week.

They can still win the division if they win and the Pats lose.

my friend is a fan of the jets and ironically he's a member of the gang green forum. he says everyone wants the jets 2 throw the game and knock out the pats (of the afc east any way) and move up a couple of draft picks. so you never know

my friend is a fan of the jets and ironically he's a member of the gang green forum. he says everyone wants the jets 2 throw the game and knock out the pats (of the afc east any way) and move up a couple of draft picks. so you never know

Yeah, because everyone knows coaches make their decisions based on what members of a messageboard want.

There never is a game scheduled, it is on the TV schedule just not football as it will pit a potential playoff match up. It will be Den/SD is my guess. They should move our game to 4 and keep Jets at 1: so there is not issues about throwing games.

Exactly right - and if they move Jets Mia to 4:15 Kraft will be livid

Exactly right - and if they move Jets Mia to 4:15 Kraft will be livid

wait i forgot are you allowed to move gametimes. thats never happened 2 any football teams that i've seen play?

Yeah, I didn't think that was right. Sorry guys! Thanks for clearing that up.

You play to win the game.....
- Herm Edwards

Why cant the Jets and Giants play at the same time??

It is a TV thing. Fox and CBS don't pay billions to split the NY TV market from 3 hours when each can get 100% of it for 3 hours.

Last edited:
wait i forgot are you allowed to move gametimes. thats never happened 2 any football teams that i've seen play?

I remember ESPN 1050/Michael Kay and company were going crazy with excitement when the Jets hired Mangini...they even made a stupid little song for him. One line in it rings true:
Mangini...he's not a genie, he's a man!

Last edited:
Why would NBC want Phins/Jets over SD/Denver? It's such an easy "This game is for the final playoff spot!" type of marketing.

The only reason I can think of that NBC would choose the Jets is so Madden can fawn over his BFF one more time.

All this talk about whether Mangini would throw the game and what time the game will be on deflects from the true question, will the Jets even play a competitive enough game to even be in a position to throw it anyway. I don't know if the Jets can beat the Dolphins if they try their hardest.

Sirrously. You play to win the game. Even Eric Mangina.

So true. If they lose they lose any sniff of a post season. If they win they still have 2 ways in to the post season. We lose= Jest in or Ravens lose= Jest in.

So why would they throw the game? They spite themselves more than us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
Back