PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Zappe waived (Edit: so was Malik!)

Not surprised he was let go. People can make all of the excuses they want but he clearly regressed. I wouldn’t be surprised if he got back to PS but what I’m really surprised by is that no one wanted him as a low draft pick or player for player trade? With all of the OL movement, the movement with QB’s…we might be in for a long season. Billy B & O are clearly not happy with the offense. Hopefully it gets ironed out by the end of September.
Maybe the speculation that MP dumbed down the offense for him was true.

Feels like a move to test if Zap or Malik would stick if they were sent to the PS.

Waive them now, and if they don't get picked up, see if someone else better is available.

If not, then they are now on minimum cost contracts on PS, with one promoted on game day.

Zappe probably clears waivers. I don't really see any team seeing value in him.

His performance last year was overstated by this board as it is. And this year he clearly regressed.

To think as of this morning there were posters arguing for Zappe. Now he's cut.

Until about a week ago, I thought Zappe was a good backup guy to have around. In that last PS game, I couldn't believe how lost he was. He was melting.

Maybe he's back on the PS, but for the Pats to waive him and expose him like that tells me they really don't think much about him at this time.

its either Tom or Cam ....lmao

I doubt he’s back in NE. If he clears waivers - big if - he’ll have better options.
He’ll clear waivers. The good news is that the USFL may be looking for an experienced side arm passer…..

He was awful this pre season

This team will likely need three QBs when the high school junior varsity offensive line leases to massive brain trauma for any QB to take a snap

Until about a week ago, I thought Zappe was a good backup guy to have around. In that last PS game, I couldn't believe how lost he was. He was melting.

Maybe he's back on the PS, but for the Pats to waive him and expose him like that tells me they really don't think much about him at this time.

Wasn't even a year ago when fans were chanting zappes name when Mac took the field. And bill replaced Mac with zappe.

How quick things change in the NFL

FWIW, more reports the Pats want both back on PS:

Wasn't even a year ago when fans were chanting zappes name when Mac took the field. And bill replaced Mac with zappe.

How quick things change in the NFL
It's why I don't pay much attention to "fans." The idea that Zappe was going to replace Mac was silly.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back