PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Zappe waived (Edit: so was Malik!)

welp...UGH!! UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH....in fact, I don't have enough UGHs to stick down the throats of you UGH emoji know-it-alls...I saw this coming and was vilified for it...well...SCREW YOU MR. UGH....
Yeah had a few myself from les something.

I just didn't see what others were seeing. Protection problems aren't always on the line. He wasn't making as many checks as I would suspect he should of been. Never seemed to audible etc...and the ****ing batted balls not to mention fumbles.

I think he is back in the practice squad tomorrow or whenever the signings can begin.

Anyone got Ryan Mallet or Kevin O'Connell's phone number? . . . no? . . Rohan Davey's? . . . Michael Bishop's? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Hugh Millen's?
Uhh. Mallet ain't gonna work. Eesh.

Last edited:
I just flashed on that Pirate from Captain Phillips saying "I'm the Quarterback now!"

Anyone got Ryan Mallet or Kevin O'Connell's phone number? . . . no? . . Rohan Davey's? . . . Michael Bishop's? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Hugh Millen's?
Hopefully his name is only here because you are ignorant of current affairs and not a poor bad taste joke.

... at least for now ...

Bill Belichick isn't 8 steps ahead of anybody. Time to face facts that the guy just can't win without Brady.
I really don't want to go there, not at all, which means I wish it weren't as reasonable and empirically sound a take as it sometimes seems to be. This preseason is turning out to be one of those times.

Year 2 is pretty quick to give up on a 4th round qb. He must have really struggled to pick things up. Another 4th rounder from last year was shipped out for a tackle who has yet to play. That draft is looking very suspect right now outside of marcus and perhaps strange (still alot more to prove for a first rounder).

Im really suprised by this move though and a little confused what the plan is at backup qb

Brady signing the 1 day contract... while he's in the building for Tom Brady night in week 1... and will actually suit up :cool:

He'll definitely get picked up. He might as well book a flight to Vegas and drive straight to the Raiders' stadium, answer the expected call from the parking lot, run inside, and sign the contract.
I don't see that happening, they love the kid they drafted. Aiden O'Connell.

Guess we didn't need another backup QB as we already have Mac. Where we going to find a starter?
Who was it who used to say, "That's a spicy meat-uh-ball"? Dean Martin?

Or was it really just about 'eliminating a distraction'? Mac no longer has to look over his shoulder. Furthermore, the rumor was that the relationship between the two was non-existent. Maybe this was to build a more cohesive quarterback room? That's the only thing I can think of.
If Zappe was a distraction, just imagine if we pick up anyone good as a #2.

I don't see that happening, they love the kid they drafted. Aiden O'Connell.
Yea I'll admit I know nothing about most teams' backup situations and am going purely based off the boner the Raiders/McDaniel have for former Patriots.

Yea I'll admit I know nothing about most teams' backup situations and am going purely based off the boner the Raiders/McDaniel have for former Patriots.
Zappe never played for Josh. He is going after players that were there at the same time as he was

You forgot to add "under BOB's tutelage."

I imagine there was a petulant minority who didn't enjoy Patricia opening up the play-action playbook to #LetZappeCook.
Same group loved Cam's QB sneak offense.
https---chowderandchampions.com-wp-content-uploads-getty-images-2017-07-1418541078.jpeg

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back