PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2015 NFL Free Agent Signings Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious to see what the Wisnewski contract is for, I would have really liked for us to have signed him.
Count me in with those who wanted to see Wisniewski signed here. I liked his talent and versatility.

Like @ashley1992 said, we'll all be curious to see what the deal was.
I'm also curious, since I believe they signed Mack to a big offer sheet last year? But the Browns matched... I believe Mack has the option to void the deal after 2 years if he so chooses, though. So in this case, the Jags could simply try Wisniewski for a year and see what they get out of him, and can potentially try to get Mack again next year.

I also wonder how serious Wisniewski was about wanting to stay at C. That probably limited his choice of teams somewhat if he only wanted to play that position. I'm sure the Jags are open to it, though.

Count me in with those who wanted to see Wisniewski signed here. I liked his talent and versatility.

Like @ashley1992 said, we'll all be curious to see what the deal was.

Yes, I would have liked to see him sign with us, if he is healthy.

I'm NOT especially interested to see what he got. The inference folks seem to draw whenever someone signs anywhere in the league is that the patriots could/should have signed the player for the amount of the contract signed. That is likely rarely the case.

Sure, the patriots might have cost the jags some cap money by bidding up Wisniewski. My suspicion is that he preferred to be a guard for the jags instead of being a one-year center for the patriots.

Obviously, there is also the possibility that he preferred living in Jacksonville to Boston.

Last edited:
Give me the Stork every day and twice on Sundays.
I think Flemming could be a interesting Guard project and we will more than likely draft o line in the fourth or fifth round.

Yes, I would have liked to see him sign with us, if he is healthy.

I'm NOT especially interested to see what he got. The inference folks seem to draw whenever someone signs anywhere in the league is that the patriots could/should have signed the player for the amount of the contract signed. That is likely rarely the case.

Sure, the patriots might have cost the jags some cap money by bidding up Wisniewski. My suspicion is that he preferred to be a guard for the jags instead of being a one-year center for the patriots.

Obviously, there is also the possibility that he preferred living in Jacksonville to Boston.

Or that he prefers losing and a short season to winning and a long one.

Oakland can do that to a player.

My suspicion is that he preferred to be a guard for the jags instead of being a one-year center for the patriots.

It was probably the exact opposite of that. Pats wanted him at Guard and he reportedly only wants to play Center and he doesn't want to be a back-up.

He is guaranteed to start there.

Dolphins signed WR Greg Jennings to a two-year, $8 million contract.

Rand_Getlin

Sure, the patriots might have cost the jags some cap money by bidding up Wisniewski. My suspicion is that he preferred to be a guard for the jags instead of being a one-year center for the patriots...

Don't you mean the other way around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST