PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2020-2021 NFL Roster Cuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Davis was an old binky of mine. Ah well. He didn't show enough. On to the next guy.

I stopped being a fan of Davis the moment he actually got on the field for us. Was the Jordan Devey of defensive ends. Our 2018 (or was it 2017?) was saved by benching him.

Wish him well, but I really don't understand what people saw in him.

How many more chances does rivers get?

Pats have no cap room to sign anyone. Can't believe we still have 4.5m eating the cap even this year for Antonio Brown. BB must be pissed over that one.

Pats have no cap room to sign anyone. Can't believe we still have 4.5m eating the cap even this year for Antonio Brown. BB must be pissed over that one.

Miguel posted a couple weeks ago that he felt pretty confident that the Pats would be receiving Cap Relief due to the Antonio Brown Grievance.

Miguel posted a couple weeks ago that he felt pretty confident that the Pats would be receiving Cap Relief due to the Antonio Brown Grievance.
Does that relief come this year or for the 2021 season?

How do we have no cap room left with such a low paying salary for a QB? All the bad drafts caught up with bill?

How do we have no cap room left with such a low paying salary for a QB? All the bad drafts caught up with bill?

We are paying $13.3M for Brady this year, plus $4.5M for AB. Belichick chose to franchise Thuney using up $14.75M
===========
There is lots of cap money available. Thuney can be traded ($14.75M) or extended ($7.5M).
There are several restructures which could free up $12.5M.

If we are willing to change contracts, there are player who might be extended. There are players that might be cut, but that would require getting a replacement.

Last edited:
We are playing $13.3M for Brady this year, plus $4.5M for AB. Belichick chose to franchise Thuney using up $14.5M
===========
There is lots of cap money available. Thuney can be traded ($15M) or extended ($7.5M).
There are several restructures which could free up $12.5M.

If we are willing to change contracts, there are player who might be extended. There are players that might be cut, but that would require getting a replacement.

How many times do you have to post this in order for some of the brainless posters here to stop writing about the Pats inability to sign one of the remaining UFA or make a trade because of cap space?

They can create cap space if the right opportunity presents itself. That hasn't happened yet.

Yet.....
46156F7E-E4EF-46D9-B1C8-F6E80CC3E690.jpeg

Attachments

• DA6BFB5C-07AF-49BA-AC53-2F4E7CCF1841.jpeg
    DA6BFB5C-07AF-49BA-AC53-2F4E7CCF1841.jpeg
    234.8 KB · Views: 3
How many more chances does rivers get?

It is his final contract year and he only has the 200k portion of the signing bonus guaranteed for this year. I'd say he will have his final chance this camp.

That being said it seems like his major issue is staying healthy.

This year is extremely tight as the Pats are up against it, but next year they will have between 90 to 110+ million in cap room to make the changes they see necessary..

4992.jpg

I coulda sworn Davis was a defensive back

I stopped being a fan of Davis the moment he actually got on the field for us. Was the Jordan Devey of defensive ends. Our 2018 (or was it 2017?) was saved by benching him.

Wish him well, but I really don't understand what people saw in him.

Physical, competitive college player who tested well. I thought he had real potential. Obviously, it fell apart on the field, but I'd followed him in the draft, so I was happy we gave him a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3