PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2023 NFL Schedule (All Pats games listed)

I just realized the NFL schedule is now unbalanced within divisions.

Miami has 9 HOME games, and only 7 AWAY games, with one game international.

I can't understand who came up with this plan.

Vegas gives the home team 3 points, so effectively Miami is being given extra points in a couple games this season.

How did the NFL come up with this?

I could easily devise a schedule to prevent this from happening.

Every team in our division should host an international game as a HOME game. Every team in the opposing division we play (whichever division has 9 road games) should play the AFC East team on the road in an international game. That's 4 games. Do the same between 2 other divisions. That's 8 games.

This is not hard at all.
Technically they take 1.5 points from the away team and give the home team 1.5 points. Which of course makes 3 but not necessarily three points directly to the home team. Sorry the degenerate in me was triggered.

To your main point I agree with you, that is BS and should not happen.

They can’t
Sure they could. NFL would forfeit that game, but as we say last year with Buffalo/Cincy, it had the potential to mess things up.

But it's a moot point because they won't do it. Apparently they don't mind.

Sure they could. NFL would forfeit that game, but as we say last year with Buffalo/Cincy, it had the potential to mess things up.

But it's a moot point because they won't do it. Apparently they don't mind.
The NFL has plans to go global.

Prior to the recession in 2008 plans were on the board for an NFL team in Canada. I believe that we will see a team in London in the near future.

Technically they take 1.5 points from the away team and give the home team 1.5 points. Which of course makes 3 but not necessarily three points directly to the home team. Sorry the degenerate in me was triggered.

To your main point I agree with you, that is BS and should not happen.

And actually, the 3 point rule is kind of a thing of the past. Most gambling experts place the current home field line shift between 2.0 and 2.5 points now. On average.

I will out-degenerate you with one hand behind my back and one hand in my pants!

So far

Week 1- Eagles
Week 2- Dolphins
Week 3-
Week 4-
Week 5-
Week 6-
Week 7-?@Giants?
Week 8-
Week 9-
Week 10- Colts (Germany)
Week 11- BYE (Presumably)
Week 12-?@Giants?
Week 13-
Week 14-
Week 15-
Week 16- @Broncos
Week 17-
Week 18-

Last edited:
So for the week 2 Tom Brady game will they treat this as a glorified preseason game? Or will they concentrate, play hard and try to actually beat Tua for a change?

So for the week 2 Tom Brady game will they treat this as a glorified preseason game? Or will they concentrate, play hard and try to actually beat Tua for a change?
I see the game as a twofer. Brady & Tua both retired.

Tom signs a one-day contract for ceremonial purposes. Then during the game, Mac and Zappe both get injured and Tom comes down from the stands and takes the field because he’s technically signed for the day and leads a game winning drive then retires.

So far

Week 1- ? (Home Opener: Tom Brady Night)
Week 2- Dolphins (SNF)
Week 3-
Week 4-
Week 5-
Week 6-
Week 7-?@Giants?
Week 8-
Week 9-
Week 10- Colts (Germany)
Week 12-?@Giants?
Week 13-?@Giants?
Week 14-
Week 15-
Week 16-
Week 17-
Week 18-
Thank God we're not at Miami in the first 4 weeks

I just realized the NFL schedule is now unbalanced within divisions.

Miami has 9 HOME games, and only 7 AWAY games, with one game international.

I can't understand who came up with this plan.

Vegas gives the home team 3 points, so effectively Miami is being given extra points in a couple games this season.

How did the NFL come up with this?

I could easily devise a schedule to prevent this from happening.

Every team in our division should host an international game as a HOME game. Every team in the opposing division we play (whichever division has 9 road games) should play the AFC East team on the road in an international game. That's 4 games. Do the same between 2 other divisions. That's 8 games.

This is not hard at all.

It's Roger's way of screwing over certain teams. At least initially. For Instance, the Pats LOSE a home game because they are the "HOME" team for the Germany game. Betcha that Season Ticket holders still have to pay for 9 home games..

A neutral site game is an away game for both teams.

You just agreed with him... *SMH*

Miami get's 9 home games, 7 away games and a neutral site.
Patriots get 8 Home games, 8 away games, and a Neutral site.

What is so hard to understand?

So far

Week 1- ? (Home Opener: Tom Brady Day/Night)
Week 2- Dolphins
Week 3-
Week 4-
Week 5-
Week 6-
Week 7-?@Giants?
Week 8-
Week 9-
Week 10- Colts (Germany)
Week 12-?@Giants?
Week 13-?@Giants?
Week 14-
Week 15-
Week 16-
Week 17-
Week 18-
Home opener looks like it's the Eagles per Twitter rumors

So far

Week 1- Eagles (Brady to be honored)
Week 2- Dolphins (SNF)
Week 3- @.Jets
Week 4-
Week 5-
Week 6- @Raiders
Week 7-
Week 8-
Week 9-
Week 10- Colts (Germany)
Week 12- @.Giants
Week 13-
Week 14-
Week 15-
Week 16- @Broncos
Week 17-
Week 18-

Last edited:
Home opener looks like it's the Eagles per Twitter rumors
Twitter rumors said we were playing the Saints in Germany... hmmm...

Twitter rumors said we were playing the Saints in Germany... hmmm...

Giardi and Callahan are pretty reliable.

If true this feels like a candidate for SNF to me. It's a high profile game with the defending NFC Champs, the Patriots are a high profile team and Brady is there. Guess we'll see.

Sounds like Week 1 is Eagles and week 2 is Dolphins, both at home. It's a tall order to go 2-0 but they might need it before they hit the road.

Eagles fans get to ruin another Brady Sunday? Terrible way to go out.

Giardi and Callahan are pretty reliable.

If true this feels like a candidate for SNF to me. It's a high profile game with the defending NFC Champs, the Patriots are a high profile team and Brady is there. Guess we'll see.

Man that is a really tough start to the season. This team can't afford to treat the first month of the season as their pre-season or things could get ugly quickly. The Eagles are the team I would want to play the least out of the NFC. Eagles lead the league in sacks last year, the offensive line is going to get tested immediately.

I could see a rough start to this season then the team getting hot later in the year. I'm still going to bet the over in terms of wins for the Pats, but this schedule could shake out in a way that makes me more pessimistic about the season.

I'm gonna be simple-minded here.

This is a word game. If you're not playing at "Home," you're "Away." Any game a team plays outside of its own stadium or arena or playground or whatever, is a game "Away" from "Home."

Arguing that a "Neutral" site is not "Away" from "Home" is like trying to convince people to call a Tomato a "fruit." Yeah, technically a tomato does have seeds and a couple of other characteristics that make it a "fruit" to Botanists, but it's still a "vegetable" to 99.9999% of those who consume it. Similarly, just because neither team is "Home" doesn't make a "Neutral" site anything other than "Away."

Sometimes life is unfair and we have to deal with it.

Week 1- Eagles (Brady to be honored)
Week 2- Dolphins (SNF)
The week 1 scenario almost isn't fair to Mac. That Eagles defense is going to be a monster next season. Fans will be hyped up for some points and we're not going to get them (from the Patriots at least). It could get ugly.

Dolphins in week 2 is a little unfortunate since Tua probably won't be concussed by then. 0-2 won't be a good way to start the season.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back