PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread 2023 OFFICIAL Week 18 Game Thread: NE vs NYJ

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patjew

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I am going to go to the game to yell "thank you!" to BB like I did for TFB at his last game. Time catches up with everyone and no one is perfect, but I do not understand those that do not appreciate Bill's greatness. That is probably a good thing for me.

Listen, I love Slater as much as anyone, but I hope we lose the game solely to gain the highest draft pick possible; not because of anything personal. It could potentially benefit the future of the franchise. A win literally does us no benefit. Who cares about sentimental fan feelings right now. Let’s secure a top 3-4 pick and see what happens. That being said, impeccable job, Slater. HOF player.

Last edited:
The pats have a 90+% chance of having a top 4 pick. If one of the bears, broncos, seahawks or eagles lose they’ll pick top 4 even if they win. Daniels is moving up boards and is in contention for QB2 in the draft.

Top 4 is likely. Enjoy the game

This should be an enjoyable game. Any tickets still available?

I think that mainly proves the point, 1 year has nothing to do with the next, having losses, where you actually try to win, don't hurt a franchise in the future. Drafting #4 was because they had a terrible record that year, so they won the opportunity to draft McGinest by losing enough games.
Obviously, a better draft pick is no guarantee thought the higher the pick the better the odds of getting a better player. The main point is if they lose to the Jets while trying to win it will have no bearing on next season's team culture.
If they don't win down the stretch that would have impacted Drew and the other young players. Probably don't go to playoffs in 94 and who knows maybe not even the SB in 96 depending if Drew ever turned it around like he did at the end 93 where you would have had them tanking to keep number 1 instead of winning and ended up at 4.

I miss Gino and Gil on the radio. Though Zo and Bob Socci are fun to listen to. It’s just the old guys, RIP, had so much class and dignity.

I am going to go to the game to yell "thank you!" to BB like I did for TFB at his last game. Time catches up with everyone and no one is perfect, but I do not understand those that do not appreciate Bill's greatness. That is probably a good thing for me.
Me too! I was at Brady’s last game as well.

Remember when BB started the Pats were still in the old junky stadium and the surrounding area was a super dump. A lot has changed and BB was a huge part of the success. From a wide angle it is pretty spectacular.

Curious if any has ideas on what the in / out situation will be. I am expecting at least two hours to leave the stadium but wonder if any has a more informed opinion.

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_0698.png
    IMG_0698.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
Reiss on Klemm’s situation:

Offensive line coach Adrian Klemm, who left the team in mid-November to address health concerns that led to a lengthy hospital stay involving surgery, has recovered to the point that he visited the team facility for the first time last week, according to a source. Seeing him in a better place was a boost for some of his colleagues.

This can put an end to any theories that this was related to performance or fit with the team.

Feels weird to be looking forward to postgame more than the game itself.

Reiss on Klemm’s situation:

Offensive line coach Adrian Klemm, who left the team in mid-November to address health concerns that led to a lengthy hospital stay involving surgery, has recovered to the point that he visited the team facility for the first time last week, according to a source. Seeing him in a better place was a boost for some of his colleagues.

This can put an end to any theories that this was related to performance or fit with the team.

Completely discredits that entire Globe piece by Kyed and Callahan.

In a game, where many fans would prefer the Pats to lose for draft position, will the game thread be more or less insufferable than usual?

My guess is it will be much more insufferable, as the usual suspects bemoan the games that we screwed up by winning, as well as rehashing BB’s selection of player A over player B.

In the final game of the regular season, #Patriots QB Mac Jones is a healthy scratch and will serve as the third (emergency) QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes