PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread 2023 Week 4: Patriots Lose to the Cowboys 38-3 - PostGame Thread

Immediate Postgame Reactions
It is difficult for me to believe that Belichick said that they would continue with Mac Jones as the starting QB. There choice is Jones or Zappe. Jones is not going to be with the Patriots next season. Maybe the strategy is if he sits on the bench they will get nothing for him if they can trade him, Contract, so playing him and he does the stupid stuff he does they get nothing. If he shows something maybe they might get something. Ask yourself what team wants him? So does it matter. I will still watch so I can ***** about him to my friend who thought he was going to be a good QB. Very Sad. I blame Bob Kraft for having him as the starting QB. O'Brien knew as he looked elsewhere for a QB.

Immediate reaction is anger but I’ll let a couple of days pass and it will cool off.

I guess it was Parcells that said “You are what your record says you are.”

This is a 1-3 team that is probably going to miss the playoffs again. There’s been moral victories with the defense playing really good against 3 teams and offense getting worse from game 1 up until now.

We had hopes that O'Brien could tweak this thing and it’s better, but not obviously where we’d like it to be by any means.

Just looking at it, the only short fix I see is easy and mediocre opponents this season and working to be be better against the elite ones.

There’s just not enough draft picks to fix what’s wrong completely but they do have money to spend next year. A lot of it. A much deeper oline group, some really good wr’s and a game changing TE may be there for the taking when they pick. I’m assuming between 5 and 15.

Defense was down 4 cb’s and the offense put them in some really bad spots. I just hope that Judon and Gonzales are ok, those would be some tough injuries to overcome.

Other than that, whatever, it’s just a F***ing football game. There ain’t a thing another fan or mediot could say, that takes away from the 6 Super Bowls I’ve got to watch while I’m still alive or had to have dad or some classic rewind remind me of it because I wasn’t born yet.

Life has been good as a fan of the Patriots. We’re just in our Cleveland Browns, 2000s 49er stage and some fans have a hard time dealing with it I guess.
It's all good except for putting Mac back out there week after week and expecting this is gonna be the week he does it. They'll probably win one of the next 2 because they'll play a backup.

world fails GIF

Watching the Chiefs vs. Jets game is a prelude to the KC vs. Pats game.

I love football and I love the Patriots but I despise the NFL. They (he) have tried to screw us over every chance they get, and the game hardly resembles the game I fell in love with in the 80s. The refs’ influence, the Ds being handcuffed, the ******** suspensions… ****ing Toy Story.

I wonder if this is it and I just choose a college team to follow every year. I like the Ducks. Love Deion.

Even if the Pats were good, it’s just not the same.

I love football and I love the Patriots but I despise the NFL. They (he) have tried to screw us over every chance they get, and the game hardly resembles the game I fell in love with in the 80s. The refs’ influence, the Ds being handcuffed, the ******** suspensions… ****ing Toy Story.

I wonder if this is it and I just choose a college team to follow every year. I like the Ducks. Love Deion.

Even if the Pats were good, it’s just not the same.
I tried it. I went with the Hokies since I was born in Virginia. College football sucks even worse. Watching college football is like watching what I just saw today every week

He kind of muttered it but he was purposely trying to avoid that question. He wasn't doing that this preseason.
There is zero chance he is starting a QB he cut before the season. He would not have cut him unless he made up his mind about him.

If he starts Zappe, it would mean that he is tanking which he won't do.

I’d bring back Cam at this point and just run QB options every offensive play until the season ends

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back