PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread 2023 Week 4: Patriots Lose to the Cowboys 38-3 - PostGame Thread

Immediate Postgame Reactions
When you're down to your 4th and 6th string CBs being your primary CBs, that will happen. To any team..

It doesn't explain O'Brien, MAC and the Offense s**tting the bed, but it definitely explains the defense.

Mac's Passes were late all game. That led to one of the Ints. The Pats not using Bourne opposite Parker is a mistake. It didn't make sense when the Pats were down 28-3 to be running the f'in ball. That's on O'Brien. And it didn't do the offense any favors.

One of the biggest issues I've seen this year is that Mac isn't hitting his receivers in stride. They're being forced to stop to make the catch or twist in a way that it forces them to slow down. So, at best, they make the catch and get stopped.
Really DB but when I said BOB's play calling is not far from Fat Matt's crap show last year I get frowned upon.

Week 3 the Pats beat the Jets 15 to 10. At the end of the game if you were asked if you would swap Mac Jones for Zack Wilson I think we would all have said No. It is now week 4, it is half time of the KC vs. Jets game. The score is 20 -12 KC is ahead at half time. The Patriots game is over with Dallas winning 38-3. If the same question was asked as last week how would you answer? Be honest with yourself. It is only a hypothetical question. It is not happening, BTW.

We play the Jets again.
Well, the Zach Wilson led Jets have just tied the Chiefs, so now even that's not the layup we expected.

I’m not a pro-Zappe guy, so I stopped reading after that fist line. Nice try, though. Mac had a **** in his mouth the entire day. He legitimately looked like he was about to cry. He’s a *****. The loss starts and ends with him.
Yeah Mac Charmins bathroom tissue soft.

Amazing that after he did it once and it was almost a disaster… he did it again and it was. That’s hubris…
No, it’s desperation. Just like the 1st one.

We could have time-traveled prime Brady into today’s game, and the Patriots would not have won. They would not have lost by 35 points, but they would not have won.

there’s a hell of a lot wrong with this team in addition to the play of Mac Jones. He’s an easy target to be everyone’s whipping boy, but we should not fool ourselves about that.

Truth is. The other things might be easier to fix. That’s the reality of being a pro football fan. Franchise QBs don’t grow on trees, and they rarely come to exist on across the board bad football teams like this incarnation of the NE Patriots.

1-3 isn't the worst thing in the world but I expected a better showing.

They just don't have the firepower to compete with the better offenses and Mac is an average QB.
Below average.

Yeah Mac Charmins bathroom tissue soft.
Him getting trucked by a DB (I think) trying to run full steam for the 1st down shows the lack of strength he has.

Zappe isn’t playing. Belichick already said Mac is the starter next week.
I am not putting any credence into anything BB says from Today.

Burrow has been to a Super Bowl and an AFCCG. What is Mac’s overall record?
Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

if Judon and Gonzalez are done for the season or say two months....now's as good of a time as any to ****can Belichick. get it over with now. this is a 6-7 win team w those guys, without them we're looking at 3-14. the supposed greatest coach of all time is not making one iota of difference. the coach is a fraud and always has been. he won because of Brady, period, end of story.
37-45 overall with Cleveland
26-29 since he kicked out Brady
11-5 Cassell
3-1 with Jimmy G and Brissett
0-2 with Bledsoe
77-80
why do people think he is a good coach?
I think you are going overboard here. Just about every coach that has had noted success and are HOF worthy have had the same thing in common, great teams and a great QB. Make no mistake, Brady was a huge part of BB being a great coach but there are games that BB absolutely won the day with his genious. Look no further than 2018 vs Rams.

Him getting trucked by a DB (I think) trying to run full steam for the 1st down shows the lack of strength he has.
Safety Donovan Wilson. Although I don't know how he thought he was going to win that one. Wilson had a better angle and the only way Jones might have had a shot would have been to change direction to pick up a couple of extra yards and try and drag him for the rest. He had no shot trying to do it head on.

Completely agree... And neither should Al Groh's kid.
Al Groh's kid has done a good job. The big question I have is how much better he might be if he truly had the last word there. I don't know if that's the case, but I also don't know if it isn't.

I think you are going overboard here. Just about every coach that has had noted success and are HOF worthy have had the same thing in common, great teams and a great QB. Make no mistake, Brady was a huge part of BB being a great coach but there are games that BB absolutely won the day with his genious. Look no further than 2018 vs Rams.
bill the Coach is under .500 without Brady. Andy Reid is over .500 sans Mahomes, Shula is over .500 without Marino, Mike Holmgren is over .500 without Favre....

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back