PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread 2023 Week 8: Patriots fall 31-17 to the Dolphins

Immediate Postgame Reactions
They are who we thought they were.
Really? I was predicting seven wins this season in late August, but many posters were much more optimistic, thinking we would be 9-7 or even 10-6. There was talk of making the playoffs.
Future is bright.
Not with out current GM. Need to bring in someone better.

After throwing a TD on 4th down I thought it may be time to call Mac the “Red Zone Wizard”. Then after a quick review of the happy feet, back foot throws, & interceptions, I decided to stick with my original thought - “Tinker Bell”….

The Dolphins show how important it is for fast receiver who can get open right away or you can trust to be open by the time the ball gets to them. They lost basically their entire starting o-line by the middle of this game and the Patriots still had trouble getting to Tua because he could just throw the ball and trust his receiver to be wide open. This is a real area where Belichick is way behind in the times.

Even if the Pats draft a QB #1, they need to do whatever they can to get elite or near elite receiver talent on this team whether it is trading someone or paying big bucks to someone like Tee Higgins (although he is more of a guy who can just catch balls over defenders than a speedster).

Carolina wins, zach Wilson sacked for 15 yard loss on 4th and forever. Jets lose to Giants.

Tanking is for losers but that’s exactly what this is. Mind as well be good at something.

Lots of cap space, some high picks finally, Judon and shutdown Gonzales come back strong. Future is bright.

Future is bright? Teams stink for decades. If we can't find the franchise QB we're f-ed. Also so many other questions regarding coaching, GM, talent, receivers.

Carolina wins, zach Wilson sacked for 15 yard loss on 4th and forever. Jets lose to Giants.

Tanking is for losers but that’s exactly what this is. Mind as well be good at something.

Lots of cap space, some high picks finally, Judon and shutdown Gonzales come back strong. Future is bright.
You might want to check out the Jets and Giants game, going to OT.

The team is crap but holy f*ck, the refs...

That INT before the half was back breaker. If they went in 14 tied, maybe there was a shot
And then we got 3 points to start the second half off a turnover in the red zone by Miami.

They are who we thought they were. And we are who we've been.

Miami showed why they're the #1 offense in the NFL. Two 100+ yard games from their top two receivers. 31 points put on the board.

The Patriots offense lacked the firepower to even hit the 20 point mark or to ever realistically catch up.

Mac Jones making a few plays here and there but coming up short as usual.

We're 2-6 and maybe it's time to evaluate whether or not now is the time to start TANKING for Williams.

Because we're definitely not making the playoffs with this team.

The lack of offensive talent and the difference in overall talent was quite obvious today.
100% agree.

Bill is going to have his entire propaganda apparatus between Lombardi, Weiss, Tannenbaum, and Rapaport and all the rest running interference to cover his ass and praise him if he can “turn this team around” and finish 6-11.

Our TD off the INT in the 1st qtr. and 4th qtr. TD drive were great. But, I don't know why they sleep-walk most of the game in the middle. No urgency. Didn't think to play fast any other time in the game. And of course, Mac's INT was the game killer. Tying at 14-14 would have totally changed this game. But, Dolphins offense is so incredible. Even with a lot of their own mistakes, they just move the ball so easily.
But, Pats stink. Bottom line. Another wasted season of misery.

The league hates New England. Every week. I can’t believe this game was close in the 4th…then I think back to the calls that hurt. DPI in the end zone, no call on blatant Miami holding, cheap call on Godchaux, awful no call on the Parker hit…

Just on and on, but even if the Pats got this calls, I have little doubt in the outcome. Mac Jones is a backup NFL QB.

Sign Onwenu. Sign Dugger if it’s not ridiculous. Any other player not on a rookie deal should be up for trade (and a couple on rookie deals).

Believe NE is currently holding the #3 pick so that’s cool.

Really? I was predicting seven wins this season in late August, but many posters were much more optimistic, thinking we would be 9-7 or even 10-6. There was talk of making the playoffs.
I'm referring to the Dolphins when I say they are who we thought they were.

But yes anyone who thought this team was making the playoffs was heavily drunk on Koolaid.

And no I was never one of those people who considered the Patriots to be playoff contenders. Especially after their lackluster draft and free agency.

It's obvious that Kraft doesn't have the guts to fire BB, he just gave him a big extension.

But Booby Kraft does need to take AWAY BB's GM duties permanently going forward.

The lack of talent on offense is a GLARING problem that won't go away by letting BB drafting even MORE cornerbacks in the 1st and 2nd rounds!

Hill interview after the game… like man like man… like… man… like

that is good news?????
They need talent everywhere. How is getting a middle of the pack draft pick good news?
In what universe?
The good news is that the only “very good” teams left on the schedule are Buffalo and KC so 7-2 is possible, and a lot of the other AFC wild card contending teams also lost today. But hard to have faith that the Pats can go on such a run. Maybe if there was an in-season coach and QB change

rr
The league hates New England. Every week. I can’t believe this game was close in the 4th…then I think back to the calls that hurt. DPI in the end zone, no call on blatant Miami holding, cheap call on Godchaux, awful no call on the Parker hit…

Just on and on, but even if the Pats got this calls, I have little doubt in the outcome. Mac Jones is a backup NFL QB.

Sign Onwenu. Sign Dugger if it’s not ridiculous. Any other player not on a rookie deal should be up for trade (and a couple on rookie deals).
Keep Peppers, Barmore, Jennings as well.
Kraft should fire Bill today,
Hire a group to find a new GM and HC.
I want both selected by a talent agency.

So Tua is now 6-0 vs Bill. Tua is Bill's Daddy.

This board was quiet last week. Now that the Pats lost again, let's see how many threads emerge to fire Bill.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back