PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread 2023 Week 8: Patriots fall 31-17 to the Dolphins

Immediate Postgame Reactions
Talent agency? Really. The only type of talent agency that produces and promoters real “talent” are model agency’s, and that’s because it’s the ultimate eye test. The rest is nepotism, favoritism, and who you know.
That’s basically the NFL. It’s not like you can go to NFL college and then apply for a job. You basically grow up in it because you’re someone’s nephew and that’s it, making these people potentially incredibly fallible.

donovan mcnabb is also a franchise QB, just not elite like mahomes

what's the number without macnabb and what's the sample size then?
Between McNabb and vick he was 3-4 with Kevin Kolb. Small sample size because between McNabb Vick Smith and Mahomes he’s always had good to elite qb play.

Bill’s failure was not having a solid succession plan after Brady once Jimmy G was dealt away combined with some terrible draft choices at the same time.

When are we going to hear from Kraft?
When fans start doing this.

Sad Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

I remember watching Manziel clips and seeing him scramble, throw an Eli Manning bomb down the field to a wide open receiver who still had to jump 3 feet straight up into the air, with arms fully extended, just hanging there suspended in the air for seconds, in order to grab it.

Like really, who TF at Cleveland thought that was gonna’ work? I just don’t think drafting a QB in a 3 year window is as difficult as ****-teams make it out to be. You might have to go best player on the board for a draft or two but if you can’t get anyone adequate over a window of time you’re probably just ******ed.

Dude I posted the list of every HofF QB or SB winning QB in recent memory. Besides Wilson, Rodgers, and Brees, every QB is 6’3” or taller and own the pocket. Nothing has changed. Teams are still blowing their loads for Kyler Murray, Bryce Young, and now this clown Caleb Williams. A bunch of razzle dazzle and chuck ******** like Manziel.

Meanwhile have you seen the early results on Stroud and did you see Levis today?

Seeing Parker take his customary injury Sabbatical is not all that bad. Mac the gift who keeps on giving. Now get us that #1 overall pick Mac.
That was a cheap shot hit on Parker. Come on, you're better than this post

There's two problems.

1. You aren't drafting a Tom Brady who can cover up everything. And frankly the other teams with good QB's aren't asking their QB's to cover mistakes like Belichick. They just get talent for their QB to play with.

2. Even with a QB, we need WR's and lineman. If you HAVE to make that trade.... you are basically conceding that you won't be picking again until the late third at best. Which means you can't guarantee any quality there.

They are just better off finding a way to lose out.

In fact, and people will hate this, they should probably do something similar to what the Colts did. Drop Mac in the offseason, draft Harrison Jr as a premier WR, go in with a junk QB and get another high draft pick next year and get your guy when you have some talent. Otherwise you are just setting up the next guy to fail.

And for the love of god, get rid of Belichick. He is not the guy to do this.
Just keep doing what they're doing.

Even when the Patriots were good they always struggled in Miami. After watching last week's game I thought New England had an outside chance of winning though.

The reality is last week could have been a bit of a fluke. This team isn't very good to begin, at in Jones being his old self and this was a solid loss.

Probably looking at five or six wins.

Even when the Patriots were good they always struggled in Miami. After watching last week's game I thought New England had an outside chance of winning though.

The reality is last week could have been a bit of a fluke. This team isn't very good to begin, at in Jones being his old self and this was a solid loss.

Probably looking at five or six wins.
Washington and the Colts are better Teams than us right now.

You know you're right F'd when Zack Wilson has twice as many wins this year as Mac.
The talent level just isn't there with this team. I hate losing but sometimes you have to go backwards before you go forward.
Mac is not the guy and we need to find the guy. Best way to do that is to get a top 3 pick in 2024.

You know you're right F'd when Zack Wilson has twice as many wins this year as Mac.
The talent level just isn't there with this team. I hate losing but sometimes you have to go backwards before you go forward.
Mac is not the guy and we need to find the guy. Best way to do that is to get a top 3 pick in 2024.
Drake Maye

I understand they had a group pm with Ashley and she'd do their bidding too. Glad that's at least done, although they've seemed to do fine effecting their will in other ways.
Also not accurate.

No guarantees with the next guy either. For all we know maybe it will be a 20 year drought like the Bills had cause that’s how long it took them to find their guy. QB purgatory sucks.

The Pat's were able to beat the Bills because Buffalo was decimated by injuries. That's why there was no pass rush or stupid INTs.

Corky Mac is who we thought he was.

If Corky starts vs Washington the tank job is on.

Tua is throwing the ball the best that I have ever seen him.

Miami vs KC next week should be a heck of a game.

The Pat's were able to beat the Bills because Buffalo was decimated by injuries. That's why there was no pass rush or stupid INTs.

Corky Mac is who we thought he was.

If Corky starts vs Washington the tank job is on.
Winner, Agree, Like, Ha Ha.
We need Nordic Gamer Yes for when it’s all of the above.

Reactions: Ian

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back